The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
You were very fortunate to have a tour by one of the animators. I would love that. :inlove: :inlove:

Yet, now, I question just how much of a studio DHS will continue to be in the future. All those things like the backlot tour, the drawing classes, and an impromptu tour by an animator have probably all gone the way of the dodo bird. Anyway, I'm really happy for you that you had such a nice experience.
James is very upset about the drawing class going away I hope but do not expect it to come back:( I miss that it was there but can't draw to save my life:(

Figgy1

Premium Member
So I had one of my 8th graders argue with me today about the Beauty and the Beast movie. She claims that Emma Watson didn't do her own singing in the movie and everything I've seen said she did sing. Anyway, neither of us had a way to prove our argument (neither of us had our computer phones on us), so we dropped it. Although, I wanted to tell the girl, "Do Not question my Disney knowledge, EVER!" But that didn't seem very professional. So I just told her to look it up and get back to me.
There has to be a nice quiet place in heaven for teachers just to relax:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I have never heard of Yankee Doodle Dandy, but, I have heard of Tastee-Freeze and House of Pies, and definitely Baskin Robbins and DQ.
The last BR I ever remember seein' 'round here was down on 29th and Guadalupe (aka "The Drag") down by the UT campus, but, it closed ages ago.
As far as DQ goes, they're all over the place down here.

And, that Des Plaines McDonald's is the first Ray Kroc franchise. The original restaurant chain started in So Cal. :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_McDonald's
I haven't been to a DQ since high school there was one within a block of it. I mostly hung at the diner around the corner:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Who is old enough to remember

78ba528e8d3d7ad4a47923839821cc88.jpg

or
brown liquid glue?
3727d4531480ff7dc02383042dd8e243.jpg

or
color coordinated toilet paper?
74b1040225cb085f8cefdc0ae776d27f.jpg

or the box store of yesteryear?
ee6f0086b98ead0684f4311487568747.jpg
2 keys yes(first car was a 69 got a good deal on it:D), brown glue sort of i think:hilarious:, colored TP no, Woolworth's yes

MinnieM123

Premium Member
James is very upset about the drawing class going away I hope but do not expect it to come back:( I miss that it was there but can't draw to save my life:(

It was one of my favorite attractions. I can't draw either, but that was the beauty of this class--they broke it down to really simple lines and circles. It was all about the placement and size of the lines & circles on the paper, that would then magically create a picture of one of the Disney characters. I had so much fun "drawing" . . :cool:

Figgy1

Premium Member
It was one of my favorite attractions. I can't draw either, but that was the beauty of this class--they broke it down to really simple lines and circles. It was all about the placement and size of the lines & circles on the paper, that would then magically create a picture of one of the Disney characters. I had so much fun "drawing" . . :cool:
Even doing that mine seemed wonky which is strange because i can paint a little bit:hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
What is the gift etiquette when you get invited to a wedding and are not going? If there is one?

It's my cousin. We usually see each other during the family party at Christmas but since we don't do that anymore, not at all.
Find out where they are registered and get something small off that list. I don't believe you're required to send anything and it would be a nice gesture to do so.

MySmallWorldof4

And yet you can buy seeds that spawn only 4 leaf clovers. Me, I've spent a great deal of money to rid my lawn of clover. That stuff grows easier than dandelions here. Upside easier to kill off too.
We have loads of clover, and dh cannot stand it, as well as other weeds creeping around the lawn. He has fertilized and nothing helps. He is in the process of de-thatching the lawn now.(Well not this very second, as he is at work.;)) What did you do to get rid of them?

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
We have loads of clover, and dh cannot stand it, as well as other weeds creeping around the lawn. He has fertilized and nothing helps. He is in the process of de-thatching the lawn now.(Well not this very second, as he is at work.;)) What did you do to get rid of them?

I use this stuff..
weed-b-gon.jpeg .
You can buy this version that you just hook up to your hose, or you can buy concentrate and mix it with water in a hand sprayer, if you want to walk around and spray the weeds independently. I have had real good luck with it and it does not seem to affect the grass.

MySmallWorldof4

I mostly agree with you but what is it you find strange about Ms. Streisand's talking voice?
I still hear what is left of her NY accent, which I cannot stand. Since I am originally from NY some may find that funny, but I assure you that I do not have one, and most people cannot believe that I am from there. Lived there for 29 years before getting married and moving away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom