The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

Hi @MouseDreaming nice to see you popped in. Hope all is going well.

How is the college kid and the one still hang'n in there doing?
Hi @Gabe1 . College kid is doing good. Made Dean's List, though I think his dad and I were more impressed than himself. He had spring break last week. DD and I are off this week. It is really strange that we have different breaks, now.

DD is ready for high school. Of course, she was ready before 8th grade started. I'm not ready, but nobody asked me. Big band trip planned for her Freshman year. Don't want to say anything, yet, but I am trying to tag along. At least for part of it.

Thanks for asking. How is everything in your neck of the woods?

Goofyernmost

Nothing to do with your post but now I think I now know why they named their baseball team "The Expos". Thanks! Saw a game there once in '96.
Exactly, they came into existence in 1969 and played in a place called Jerry Park. In 1976 Montreal hosted the summer Olympics and shortly after that the Expo's moved into the stadium that was built for the Olympics, I believe in 1977. To put it nicely, they were not the world finest Baseball team and the franchise was moved to Washington, DC their name was changed from the Expos to the Coverups, where they became of an "eh" Team.

That part right after D.C. might have been a rumor that I just started.

MySmallWorldof4

Exactly, they came into existence in 1969 and played in a place called Jerry Park. In 1976 Montreal hosted the summer Olympics and shortly after that the Expo's moved into the stadium that was built for the Olympics, I believe in 1977. To put it nicely, they were not the world finest Baseball team and the franchise was moved to Washington, DC their name was changed from the Expos to the Coverups, where they became of an "eh" Team.

:D

Songbird76

My problem with Adele is her lack of enunciation. It's one of my three pet peeves that will turn me off, the other two being note scooping and not dropping one's jaw enough. Although I agree; she doesn't back off on the power enough. You listen to her verses, say, Barbra Streisand, and Barbra varies her voice much more. And you can understand Barbra. Adele, er, no.
Adelle has a tendency to scoop, too...and sing flat. I don't like the lack of enunciation either, but my biggest issues are just her forcing it out and singing flat. Drives me nuts.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hi @Gabe1 . College kid is doing good. Made Dean's List, though I think his dad and I were more impressed than himself. He had spring break last week. DD and I are off this week. It is really strange that we have different breaks, now.

DD is ready for high school. Of course, she was ready before 8th grade started. I'm not ready, but nobody asked me. Big band trip planned for her Freshman year. Don't want to say anything, yet, but I am trying to tag along. At least for part of it.

Thanks for asking. How is everything in your neck of the woods?
Good luck and congrats to your ds.

Songbird76

The movie Moana is on DVD here in the States. Hubs brought it home a couple weeks ago. I find it entertaining, not my favorite. But we have been to Hawaii a few times, so I have a soft spot for Hawaiian/Polynesian culture.

The Bridget Jones books are a good series. They were pretty hilarious, especially because when they came out I was just a few years younger than the main character and I could relate to the single girl (or singleton as Bridget says) lifestyle. The first movie was good, second one just okay, and I haven't watched the 3rd (but I know it doesn't follow the 3rd book at all). I am not a big Renee Zellweger fan either but in the first movie she played the part really well.
Moana is still playing here at the theater in town. I went to look up times for Beauty and the Beast this weekend and saw that Moana is still playing. We must be a lot further behind than I thought. Beauty and the Beast comes out tomorrow, but that's only a couple of weeks behind the US release. Moana must have been MONTHS!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Moana is still playing here at the theater in town. I went to look up times for Beauty and the Beast this weekend and saw that Moana is still playing. We must be a lot further behind than I thought. Beauty and the Beast comes out tomorrow, but that's only a couple of weeks behind the US release. Moana must have been MONTHS!
Now if we could get video games released here the same day as in Japan I wouldn't hear so much Moaning:hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member

:angelic::angelic::angelic:

Songbird76

I have to admit, I'm a bit startled that this kind of stuff is continuously ongoing with your DS where y'all live.
I have always heard good things about the Netherlands in so many ways.
As I posted earlier, when it came to our DS, and other students with special needs, the staffs at all 3 of his schools didn't take any carp from any students when it came to bullying those kiddos, or any other bullying they found out about, for that matter.
I understand it also depends so much on the staff team dynamics, etc., as well, but it just seems ridiculous at this point.
Hopefully, a diagnosis will make staff reevaluate their attitudes.
But, also, as we well know, a diagnosis can bring so many other issues with it, as well.
As I've posted before, and as you well know yourselves, it is all so frustratingly confusing, so much of the time.
But, we love them with all our hearts, and we do the best we can for them, no matter what.
Continued prayers, for some resolution, and a bright future for him with the right attention to help him deal with his struggles.
Thank you so much! And yes, the Netherlands can be great and I really do love the education system here with the tiered high school structure that's geared to each kind of student, depending on their strengths. But our school is just not great when it comes to bullying. They want the kids to be able to handle situations themselves, which I get and I think is admirable, but they are kids. They CAN'T handle every situation themselves...sometimes they need help from the adults.

Songbird76

Hope your pop had a happy 84th b-day...!!! :)
My pop celebrated his 84th this past January 1st...!!! :)
Ooooh! A new years baby!! That must make counting birthdays pretty easy!! I always have to do the math to figure out my dad's age. 84 is a pretty nice long life...I hope dad has several years left in him, but I can't really complain about him being taken too soon if he doesn't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom