The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

BuddyThomas

Hey all. Hope all is well. Here are some of the newer Broadway shows opening this season for those who might be into that kind of thing and heading to NYC.
COME FROM AWAY - About planes that had to be diverted to Gander on 9/11 -

SUNSET BLVD. - With Glenn Close - This is the best song in the show - (this is the 90's version, but she is just as good, if not better, today)
DEAR EVAN HANSEN - This one is selling out at almost every performance. The front runner for Best Musical -
GROUNDHOG DAY - Yes, based on the classic film - I can't find much video on this, but here is Andy Karl doing one of the songs from the show in concert, a few months ago - full production is now playing on Broadway:
ANASTASIA - This just started performances and it is practically sold out until June....a few seats here and there. Here is a video of the best song in the show (concert version)
SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE - One of the most beautiful theatre songs ever written - expertly performed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuITxZnzRrw

Okay that's enough for now. I have to go back to the new political board and do some boxing. ;) Hope you are all doing well. :)

Last edited:

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Well, this is my first time posting in this thread because I didn't know where else to put this. I've finally started my own blog on theme parks called Progress City Theme Parks. I'm trying to get the word out about it, so here is the link: https://progresscitythemeparks.wordpress.com/. Read my first post there to learn what it's all about. Hope you'll take a look! :)

By the way if I'm breaking any rules or inappropriately taking advantage of this site for free advertising, let me know and I'll remove this post.

donaldtoo

Stayed at the Poly once. We had a reservation for POFQ, but got a call saying they needed to rebook us because they were doing a renovation of it. Think this was in '03 because we just had the one DD. For like an extra maybe $20 a night they were offering us the Poly or for our rate another moderate. I jumped at the chance at the Poly. Loved it! But that was the last time we stayed there :(

Sympathy like.
We've never stayed at a deluxe.
POR on our first 2 family trips, was the most extravagant we've ever gone. Since then we've only stayed at values. But, in recent years, it really hasn't mattered to us because we've always been Park Commandos, and only really have used the resort to crash and clean up...! :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That's interesting. Haven't been up to I-Drive in probably 15 years, at least. When I have time on the weekend, I might play with Google Earth to view some of the changes in the old Mercado area.

I don't venture off Disney/Universal Property much. My son has since 2011 and the rollercoaster of the recession made some projects go belly up and others bloom like Mercado 3.0 version. I guess Mercado is a bit like the obsolete Pleasure Island being bulldozed. Both had new plans originally, they with original concept a luxury condo community and Disney with Hyperion Wharf.
Both trashed and came up with 3.0

I hear a lot of the fan community comment about the blight around the orlando area like Disney is free of it. The time of Hyperion to Disney Springs wasn't pretty, rotting River Country was disgusting, the abandoned Legendary Years across from Pop for a decade was awful. The TTC has been archaic for decades already, similar to our bare bones public transportation hubs in Chicago. Most monorails work more reliably than WDW does. So I guess in WDW 40 square miles they have their share of wondrous things and their own blight too.

Gabe1

Oh my, yes.
That was the one in Canada from a World's Fair way back in the day, if I remember correctly, and it wasn't a full sphere.
I believe the gutted structure may still be standing.

I saw that for the first time in many many years on Pinterest today. At first glance it looked like SSE at a distance.

Bioshphere Conflagration
American Pavilion on fire at Montreal World's Fair 1967, designed by Buckminster Fuller (a pioneer of geodesic structures, albeit geodesics were discovered by Walther Bauersfeld). The fire occurred in 1976.

Gabe1

I have never heard of Yankee Doodle Dandy, but, I have heard of Tastee-Freeze and House of Pies, and definitely Baskin Robbins and DQ.
The last BR I ever remember seein' 'round here was down on 29th and Guadalupe (aka "The Drag") down by the UT campus, but, it closed ages ago.
As far as DQ goes, they're all over the place down here.

And, that Des Plaines McDonald's is the first Ray Kroc franchise. The original restaurant chain started in So Cal. :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_McDonald's

Yeah, I know what Kroc bought out and redeveloped as far as McDs concepts.
Not different from all sort of launched businesses quickly sold off for a quick buck and then money dumped into developing a better business model. Very few good independant businesses remain just that and flourish. Most like the original McD of Cali were sold for quick cash and evolved. A few make me sad like the voice of Siri on iPhone. So not what was intended when she signed on.

Gabe1

What is the population of your town? You always refer to it like it's really small, but I grew up in a town where we had no fast food whatsoever. We had one little cafe and a bigger restaurant just outside of town...that was it. If you wanted anything else, you had to drive 40 miles. So I'm wondering if your "little" town isn't as little as I'm thinking, or if it has more to do with location and the fact that towns are closer together there.

For a populated state and in the more populated area of N. IL we have only a few thousand people we are tiny. IL has about 12.5 million where Wyoming has about 500,000 so you have to take that into consideration. We have an industrial base and corporate base that is 20 times larger than our residential base. My town is only 4 square miles. Some farms in our state are that large. But our industrial and corporate base brings us things like gas stations, a 7/11, a pub, family bakery and on the very edge of the industrial base a McDonalds. We do not have any box stores, retail, not even any type of a grocery store. But because of the industry we do have a very good tax base for our schools, fire department, etc. Most of our roads are maintained by the state or county except for our very local roads. Our town has one of the very lowest crime rates in the state, thinking because we all know everyone and most families have lived here for generations. We are still outsiders as we have only been here for 30 some years.

Gabe1

nope...all the documents like birth certificate and such are in Dutch, so first you have to get them translated professionally...you can't just translate them yourself. You have to get it done by an accredited service and then have them notarized and bla bla bla. And in the US, we'd need to have a US address, which we don't. So we have to do it over here, unfortunately. But, it's no biggie...for now they don't need it.

It is really unfortunate and wrong that we make a parent that is a citizen of this country jump through so many costly hoops. Mind Boggling.

Gabe1

Who is old enough to remember

78ba528e8d3d7ad4a47923839821cc88.jpg

or
brown liquid glue?
3727d4531480ff7dc02383042dd8e243.jpg

or
color coordinated toilet paper?
74b1040225cb085f8cefdc0ae776d27f.jpg

or the box store of yesteryear?
ee6f0086b98ead0684f4311487568747.jpg

Gabe1

Hahaaa...!!! :hilarious:
I recently read that there's only about a 1 in 10,000 chance of finding a four leaf clover. :cyclops: I always thought the odds were much worse than...time to find me a clover field...!!!!! :joyfull:

View attachment 195675

And yet you can buy seeds that spawn only 4 leaf clovers. Me, I've spent a great deal of money to rid my lawn of clover. That stuff grows easier than dandelions here. Upside easier to kill off too.

Cesar R M

So I had one of my 8th graders argue with me today about the Beauty and the Beast movie. She claims that Emma Watson didn't do her own singing in the movie and everything I've seen said she did sing. Anyway, neither of us had a way to prove our argument (neither of us had our computer phones on us), so we dropped it. Although, I wanted to tell the girl, "Do Not question my Disney knowledge, EVER!" But that didn't seem very professional. So I just told her to look it up and get back to me.
Technically, she didnt.
I heard they autotuned the hell out of her "singing".

Cesar R M

Who is old enough to remember

78ba528e8d3d7ad4a47923839821cc88.jpg

or
brown liquid glue?
3727d4531480ff7dc02383042dd8e243.jpg

or
color coordinated toilet paper?
74b1040225cb085f8cefdc0ae776d27f.jpg

or the box store of yesteryear?
ee6f0086b98ead0684f4311487568747.jpg
Funny thing. We had a woolworth working until around 2010.
IT was bought and replaced by Liverpool brand if I remember correctly.
And I think its still running with the same WoolWorth's brand.
Its also one of the oldest department stores.. ever.. It opened in the 80's if I remember correctly.

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/plac...!8m2!3d20.653407!4d-105.2253316!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Figgy1

Premium Member
One thing I have an issue with many "singers" today is so many seem to whine when they sing or shout. The music seems so digitized and sometimes you cannot understand what they are saying. I cannot stand most music today. I constantly switch radio stations in the car. Usually it's 70's or 80's. 90's are hit or miss. Usually miss. Streisand is okay. I like her singing voice but cannot stand when she talks. Barry Manilow, Billy Joel, Elton John are some of my favorite singers.
I mostly agree with you but what is it you find strange about Ms. Streisand's talking voice?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom