Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Phroobar

Why can't they do this to the tower while it being rethemed? At the very least they could show Disney movies on it.

New-Disneyland-Paris-Star-Wars-Season-of-the-Force-Details-Revealed-05.jpg

Ismael Flores

maybe they should project the tower facade on it while it is under construction or maybe start getting people used to the new look and project the new facade on the structure ;-)

Twilight_Roxas

If Mission Breakout doesn't do well Disney could create a new original Tower of Terror with Adam Horowitz & Edward Kristis creating a original plot & story to the attraction.

vancee

During the marathon they were working on it bright early at 5 something in the morning, I saw the whole inside lobby gutted out completely already.

Darkbeer1

The OC Register got a preview tour on Thursday, here is the news article...

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/ride-741710-guardians-marvel.html

>>Not much is left of the Hollywood Tower Hotel. Brown tarp and scaffolding cover the 199-foot structure. Most of the inside has been gutted. There’s rubble on the floor. The tower’s basement, where visitors were led to the elevator ride, will remain and be rethemed to match the Guardian story.<<

>>Like Tower of Terror, the ride takes visitors up and down. But Rohde said the Guardian ride will have a faster pace and feature “multiple” programs. Rock and roll music, some from the movie, will play overhead.

“No ride will be alike,” Rohde said. “There will be multiple combinations.”

The ride will have the same capacity as Tower of Terror and about the same time, maybe 2 minutes, he guesses. Although construction is well underway, there are still design and other modifications to consider, he said.<<

In the twitter feed the Register did on Thursday, they stated that Joe mentioned the elevator doors might not always open on the upper level....

https://twitter.com/ocdisney?lang=en

Go read the full article for more details of the attraction

mickEblu

So from reading that OC register article, it sounds like their will be a lot going on in the indoor queue. Being that the article mentioned that the boiler room will be staying the same (predictable), looks like the outdoor queue may become part of the indoor queue? Seems hard to believe that the former hotel lobby and library(s) is enough room for the collectors artifacts, large screen where the collector talks to us and meeting Rocket.

Unless there is some room to expand on the backside of the building that I am not aware or the lobby / library(s) footprint is more space then I realize.

Pam Hates Penguins

So from reading that OC register article, it sounds like their will be a lot going on in the indoor queue. Being that the article mentioned that the boiler room will be staying the same (predictable), looks like the outdoor queue may become part of the indoor queue? Seems hard to believe that the former hotel lobby and library(s) is enough room for the collectors artifacts, large screen where the collector talks to us and meeting Rocket.

Unless there is some room to expand on the backside of the building that I am not aware or the lobby / library(s) footprint is more space then I realize.

Strange they would keep the boiler room the same.

mickEblu

Strange they would keep the boiler room the same.

I actually predicted this on one of these threads a few months ago (probably this one). Judging by the nature (laziness) of this project, it just made sense to me that the boiler room was close enough to the oil refunery/ power plant theme that they wouldn't bother spending the time or money to change it.

EDIT: and the fact that I was right kind of bugs me and says a lot about this project. Not only are they shoehorning GOTG in the tower but they probably came up with this oil refinery / power plant spiel specifically so they didn't have to alter the boiler room and meet their Summer 2017 timeline. And of course for the facade to make sense with as little work as possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Being that the article mentioned that the boiler room will be staying the same (predictable)

Where did you see that? The article says, "The basement, where visitors were once led to the elevator-style ride, will be rethemed to match the Guardian story". I took that to mean that it will be redone.

If this is true then maybe the footprint of the gift shop will be reconfigured. Isn't it behind the old lobby?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom