The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

My Girl Golden had a routine with new stuffed animals...first order of business was to chew the eyeballs out and then the nose. Walt had to unstuff his critters and was very methodical about it. But here are two toys that I had good luck with.

https://www.indestructibledog.com/p...sed-leather-jute-squirrel?variant=19910251329

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0..._Chew_Hollow_Stick_1024x1024.jpg?v=1467918454

They had to spend much TIME to destroy those.
I made my dog toys out of stuffing, and hubby's old socks with holes in them....did they stink? I'm not sure......lol

betty rose

in other news, health hit me square again.. I guess this influenza likes a round 2 (it happened to my mother 2 days ago as well).
So slept until 1:00 pm today.
and couldnt sleep all night.
So tried to be productive and installed the latest parts of my computer to replace the faulty ones.
Now to sell online the obsolete older parts that actually work.

Also, this is the third day of constant rains.. didnt stop raining yesterday night. Very strange for this month.
It usually rains in early January.
Get better, I hope your Mom is doing better, also.

betty rose

Well they hire parents to monitor recess at lunch and the teachers monitor during morning recess and before and after school. It's just that in general they stand there talking to each other instead of actually monitoring and there are a lot of corners where kids can easily hide if they don't want to be seen. A couple of years ago, some kids dragged DS to a corner and told him he had to kiss this girl and he refused and they wouldn't let go of him until I saw it and walked over...then they scattered. Not really bullying, but the kids know where they can be seen and where they can't.
I don't get the bullying, why do people feel the need to pick on someone? They need to know it can have horrible results...

betty rose

He has one friend he likes to play with, but the boy has serious ADHD and mostly plays inside because he can't handle the noise and activity on the playground. He has headphones for in class, but the recess gets him too hyped, so he stays inside and DS is not allowed to stay inside because they want him to make other connections, which he can't if he's not where all the other kids are. I told them I agree with that, but there's also his safety to consider and if those "connections" are taking advantage of him, then I'd rather he didn't make THOSE connections. Better to have one GOOD friend than a passel that bully him.
Absolutely. Bully's, aren't friends....period.

Goofyernmost

I never liked the guy, he just seemed mean to me. I hate humor that belittles someone else. It's like the cooking shows with judges, they are so mean sometimes I quit watching those shows. How can someone like being mean to another person, that is trying their best?
As a rule you cannot, however, he has made his career by poking fun at people. Everyone knows he is just joking around and not serious. I find it amazing how quick he is able to think. Under normal conditions, like picking on a person in general, it would be awful, but, since most of his barbs have been directed at famous people and they in turn have given some back, it is just a form of entertainment. Bullying is much different then being a comedian and not taken seriously. Bullying is mean, and uncalled for and shows a complete lack of class, upbringing and a deep sense of insecurity.

betty rose

Wow...so it was ok for her to call you a ***** but it wasn't ok for you to say "shut up"? Nice priorities, Mr. Administrator!
With DS, it mostly happens in the hallways with kids who are a few years older than him, or at recess with his classmates, most of whom are a year older than he is. He's the youngest in his class. And a lot of it is, like you said, the verbal...calling him a cry baby, intimidating him, calling him names. DD has a group of girls who talk about her behind her back, but one occasionally says things to her, but she's a bit stronger in the moment. She comes home and cries and we talk about it and she feels better...I have a meeting with her teacher on Thursday. But in that moment that the girl says something, she can stand up to her. DS can't do that...he doesn't have the skills and he is emotionally behind. He panics and freezes and can't process it, so he just bursts into tears. Hopefully we'll get it figured out. DH told the school in no uncertain terms that we're not having it. He will NOT be the target for another 2 years and they'd better come up with a plan quick.
You are a good mother. No one should have to go through this.

betty rose

That's so so sad!! DD has a boy in her class who is new to the Netherlands and apparently doesn't speak real well. The kids don't like him and they make fun of him. She saw him sitting all alone one day at recess and looking really sad, so she asked him to play, but he said no. I'm proud of her for reaching out, but so sad for him that he couldn't accept the offer. She has class helper duty with him, too and one of her best friends said to her "Good luck with helper duty...with Awid." and made some face and DD asked her why she would say something so mean about him and the girl said she hates him. And this is a friend who no one likes and gets the same treatment herself...she of all people should know how that hurts and not do the same thing to someone else. DD is a total champion of underdogs, which is probably why the queen bee group doesn't like her. She's smart, she's kind, and she's good at pretty much everything but P.E. Add in that she's friends with the kids they don't like...recipe for a pariah.
I did that too. Two of my best friends in elementary was a girl with a cleft palate, and a black girl. Neither was accepted by the kids. They were so nice, but I heard my Mom say to her sister, I would drag anyone home, referring to my friends. They remained my friends through elementary school. Then we moved to another school district. So sad to lose my friends, my sister who lives in my hometown, says they always ask how I'm doing......being kind, only helps everyone.....I didn't see any difference from me and them, except they were bullied.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom