Is this really a thing or is it April 1ST? Cabanas in the parks.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm sure a kind Disney CM could point you to the nearest guest services location. Maybe they will offer you the exclusive service as well where you can skip the like at guest relations and speak to a CM right away, for a small fee of $75 per complaint.
And for $75.00 per complaint that CM better give me his undivided attention and not time-share/multitask his attention.

[QUO. ..TE="Sonconato, post: 7484652, member: 105302"]Read some of the posts that I and others have mentioned above...per the CMs, these are NOT yours to use for the entire day, they are only available for your use. They are shared with others that also pay $650. Unless the CM wasn't clear, you wouldn't be able to leave your stuff there as home base.[/QUOTE]

Wait... $650 for a tent and I don't get exclusive use of it? Now who's crazy? Disney has gone off the deep end. They really don't get it. I want to go to Disney for the rides and attractions. This is just that much more stupid and a waste.

Luxe

And for $75.00 per complaint that CM better give me his undivided attention and not time-share/multitask his attention.
Nope, they will interrupt you during the first complaint to tell you about the great advantages of becoming a DVC member today! Which they will then charge you $25 for the DVC presentation you just recieved... see where I'm going with this?

hanwill

This is absolutely ridiculous. Where was Walt's vision in this? No thought for an average family. For the first time in 16 years we will not be going. That is 7 people that spend a lot of money to go there... not this year nor anytime in the future unless they change their tune. I'm done! (And I'm the largest cheerleader for Disney in my family- that 20K will be spent elsewhere).

Speedy71

Why don't they never do this at DL or the other parks it is always WDW. When it comes to making money with outrageous prices they can get it done without no delays or setbacks. But when it comes to actually adding something or properly refurbishing something (BTM,SM) it is always an excuse.

M3pH6zz.gif

Last edited:

SSH

I saw this posted on another site's forum, can't vouch for it's accuracy..Included in the price...

8 people
Personalized Mickey Ears
Cooler full of drinks
Snacks
Fruit Basket
1 Ice Cream for each person
Locker
Sunscreen, Hand Sanitizer, Insect Repellant
Sofa, Chairs, Table
Fridge and Ice
Charging Stations
Reserved Viewing for Parades AND Fireworks
And if you pay they'll go get your food and bring it back.

Heck...if the refugee tents - oops, I mean cabanas - include personalized Mickey ears - well now we're talkin'. That's a whole heap o' pixie dust thrown in right there. Why didn't anyone say so sooner? :hilarious:

Yeah - it all seems so stupid - I'd swear these pics were an SNL or Family Guy parody if I didn't know better. (But why do I get the feeling WDW will be laughing all the way to the bank?)

I do hope they at least attempt to theme the darn things soon if they're going to pitch these tents throughout the holidays - maybe there's a few leftover strands of Osborne lights in the warehouse?

But in all seriousness, there's so many disturbing issues and tragedies going on right now - I just can't get worked up about this - it's comic relief.

Last edited:

TinkerBelle8878

So its not just yours, there's no bathroom and probably no air conditioning...wouldn't it be more cost effective to just take a room at a resort for the day? I can just see after people pay the $650, and figure for that exorbitant amount of money, its solely theirs for the day, finding others using it. PR nightmare or at the very least refunding of money if guests are irate. I just don't get where this is a thing that someone would pay that kind of money for. There are plenty of indoor QS tables and a/c.

Luxe

So its not just yours, there's no bathroom and probably no air conditioning...wouldn't it be more cost effective to just take a room at a resort for the day? I can just see after people pay the $650, and figure for that exorbitant amount of money, its solely theirs for the day, finding others using it. PR nightmare or at the very least refunding of money if guests are irate. I just don't get where this is a thing that someone would pay that kind of money for. There are plenty of indoor QS tables and a/c.
But then people would have to think on their vacation, who wants to do that? It's too taxing on the brain to find a place to rest for a few moments. Especially when you can pay a few dollars to have a place to sit in the shade on one end of the park. Knowing Disney, I'm positive that the $650 includes someone to piggy back you from BTMRR all the way to your luxury suite in TL.

Either that or they can offer a premium service for $999 that gives you a second luxury cabana on the opposite end of the park so you have an option to go to the closest one! You're welcome Disney, that ideas free.

Honestly, I'm having too much fun making jokes out of this ridiculousness to even be mad at this point.

GrammieBee

Not to give them ideas, but for another $200.00 or so, they could offer is access to private rest rooms which are off limits to the rest of us common riffraff without deep pockets. Think executive wash room; a perk for the upper echelon. Thicker toilet paper, perhaps?

Last edited:

rob0519

This is absolutely ridiculous. Where was Walt's vision in this? No thought for an average family. For the first time in 16 years we will not be going. That is 7 people that spend a lot of money to go there... not this year nor anytime in the future unless they change their tune. I'm done! (And I'm the largest cheerleader for Disney in my family- that 20K will be spent elsewhere).

When will people finally understand that Disney World has absolutely nothing to do with Walt's vision anymore? The man was dead before the resort opened. There has been no family involvement in decades. It is now a money making corporation that is indebted to no one except it's shareholders. It's primary purpose is to make as much profit as possible by any legal means.

As for being done. the last few visits convinced us we were done for at least a while as well. So, that 's another $10K-$15K they're not getting this year from us. I'm sure both your money and our money will be replaced by first time visitors who will gladly take our place.

We'll be going back at some point because if we wait for Disney to "change their tune", I'll be long dead like Walt and with all it's flaws, while not as great as it once was, it's still a place I enjoy spending time with my family. Just not as much time as we did for the last 20 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom