Toothsome opening

trr1

Let the wild rumpus begin!

Mocha Old Fashion- Afrohead Cocoa Infused Dark Rum, Sugar, Chocolate Bitters, White Chocolate Shavings.

image.jpg
Mmmmffpphhh....mmmm, good.
image.jpg
I cant see any of your picture i get https://s14.postimg.org/x9dog5w0x/image.jpg
This site can’t be reached

tribbleorlfl

That real whipped cream as in heavy cream, sugar etc? If they serve the real stuff I'll be there.

It's like the difference between real Fettuccine Alfredo and what ever they serve at Olive Garden.

That real hollandaise or some pour out of a box kind?
Back in the day at Mythos, we made our own Hollandaise from scratch every day, no cartons or powders involved. I'm not in the know w/ Toothsome, but going based on the photos and reviews I've seen of this place, they're really going upscale so I'm sure it's the same deal. Definitely not talking potato pearls-at-Leaky Cauldron-level of quality.

Disneyhead'71

That real whipped cream as in heavy cream, sugar etc? If they serve the real stuff I'll be there.

It's like the difference between real Fettuccine Alfredo and what ever they serve at Olive Garden.

That real hollandaise or some pour out of a box kind?
Yes, real whipped cream. And the filet oscar has a rich béarnaise sauce which had a crisp lemon tang and nice hint of tarragon, so I would be stunned if it wasn't made fresh in house.

And I wanted to add, the upstairs bar is going to be a hidden gem at Universal. The ambiance, the handcrafted cocktails, and the stunning view of CityWalk is going to make this place very popular with APs.

Last edited:

trr1

Yes, real whipped cream. And the filet oscar has a rich béarnaise sauce which had a crisp lemon tang and nice hint of tarragon, so I would be stunned if it wasn't made fresh in house.

And I wanted to add, the upstairs bar is going to be a hidden gem at Universal. The ambiance, the handcrafted cocktails, and the stunning view of CityWalk is going to make this place very popular with APs.
any menu pictures?

brb1006

Holy-! Talk about eye candy - Toothsome has theming you can TASTE! *drool*

And the decor is a mix between steampunk and elegance. I canNOT wait to go to this place! I'd give up a rezzie at Brown Derby for this!
I'm already curious to see what the place will do during the Christmas seasons. Imagine you getting a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows. Then again it's a bit early to think about this but it would had been a great opportunity.

danpam1024

So up stairs is just a bar- no food? Or do they have a tapas style menu up there? And can you just walk in and find a seat upstairs, or is there seating and a cocktail waitress? I wanna go SO BAD!! Perhaps if the tropical storm that's heading this way turns into a Hurricane, I may have to evac to HRH for SAFETY:p:joyfull:

71jason

So up stairs is just a bar- no food? Or do they have a tapas style menu up there? And can you just walk in and find a seat upstairs, or is there seating and a cocktail waitress? I wanna go SO BAD!! Perhaps if the tropical storm that's heading this way turns into a Hurricane, I may have to evac to HRH for SAFETY:p:joyfull:

Full menu available at bar, which has open seating. There are also many more tables up there, seated by hostess, as well as a diorama (I guess that's the term?) of Penelope's office.

It's hard to get across how much this place "out-Disney's" anything Disney has done recently, with the possible exception of Grog Grotto.

71jason

Had brunch, my friend had one of the chicken dishes, clearly everything was fresh and from scratch. Things like "chocolate ranch" and "chocolate almond bread' aren't commercially available, they pretty much have no choice but to do their own.

I even watched as the bartender freshly grated white chocolate onto each drink. Yes, I also thought about biting into that chunk of white chocolate like it was an apple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom