Toothsome opening

Figment82

We stopped in for a milkshake this evening. It was in the middle of a torrential downpour so the place was packed. As expected, the small ice cream bar seating area was full but a kind server let us take a table outside (typically reserved for full-service dining). My husband and I split the Chocolate x5 shake and it was delicious! I'm sure my husband could have finished his own, but I was glad we shared! Not overly rich or sweet, just a really nice smooth chocolate. All of the items coming out looked amazing - we will definitely be back to try more! It will definitely put a dent in my Butterbeer habit, that's for sure! I wanted to check out more of the store but it was so busy we didn't hang around. From what I saw, it looks great - I loved the costumes.

I went here twice, once during the first day of its public test opening and then a couple days later. I have to say the food is phenomenal but really filling. It costs a bit, but you get your money's worth in quality and portions. The atmosphere is really well done and the service was absolutely incredible. They walked me to the desert counter from the upstairs when I asked where it was, they gave us a really good description of the meals as well as recommendations and were genuinely some of the nicest staff I've ran into ever. This has to be one of, if not the best Amusement or Theme Park dining location I've been to. They really knocked it out of the park.

Last edited:

007mickey

I'm confused, just read an article from Orlando My Way that says the official opening date is 4:00pm the 22nd of this month with normal hours after opening night to be 11:00 to 11:00 but the accompanying video says "it will officially open Monday" ?? No mention of reservations.

Disneyhead'71

Do they take reservations here? Also does it get packed when the parks close? We want to have dinner there after park closing.
They don't take reservations yet. And yes, it gets very busy at par closing. Right now, it is the most popular restaurant in CityWalk. But it is worth an hour wait or so. You can check out the Sweet Shop or hit the bar upstairs while you wait.

KathyJetson

They don't take reservations yet. And yes, it gets very busy at par closing. Right now, it is the most popular restaurant in CityWalk. But it is worth an hour wait or so. You can check out the Sweet Shop or hit the bar upstairs while you wait.
Thank you I definitely want to eat there

danpam1024

Oh problem. I will not wait for an hour to get in a restaurant. Hopefully things die down a little. This place sounds like they are going full on, I have no problem with prices if it's the real thing. I also know how much money it takes to make real things. Just chocolate is very different and very different price wise.
We waited over 2 hours, then waited an hour for our food (not complaining, totally our choice and I know the kitchen was overwhelmed). It's hard to enjoy the food when you're just stuffing your face because you were hungry 3 hours ago (didn't eat all day in prep for gorging). So we went the next day just for sundaes and had a much better time, and the sundaes were divine. The great thing about CW is there are a lot of really good dining options.

Magic Feather

Oh problem. I will not wait for an hour to get in a restaurant. Hopefully things die down a little. This place sounds like they are going full on, I have no problem with prices if it's the real thing. I also know how much money it takes to make real things. Just chocolate is very different and very different price wise.
What I do is go check in then hang out in the parks. You have 10 min since you are called to got there, so as long as you are around the front of the park at your estimated line time, you should be fine.

JoeCamel

They ringing your phone about when your table is ready? That would work actually if they were fairly accurate with the wait time.

They text you when it is ready, same with the hotels for your room and Cowfish as they don't do reservations. Great system

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom