Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
Aquatopia looks bland, but it's really a lot of fun. It's hard to explain.

Well that's good to hear. As long as it's more enjoyable and repeatable than the Tires then I guess it's an improvement.

Travel Junkie

I have been on Aquatopia several times, and I laugh my head off every time I do it. My first visit to DisneySea I tried to find an Aquatopia attraction poster because it was such a highlight. They didn't sell them. :(

Aquatopia looks bland, but it's really a lot of fun. It's hard to explain.

I had the opposite reaction. I thought it looked fun from a distance. About halfway through the ride I was looking around trying to figure out how much longer I was going to have to sit in this thing.

I will agree it's hard to explain what the experience is, like a lot of things in Japan.

JediMasterMatt

Back to Luigi's.... I stumbled across this video from about a month ago and it appears that the predictions that it will be a dry version of Aquatopia are true. Not sure this will be much more fun than Luigi's Tires.

Just throw some beach balls on the table... it will be fine.

Visually, Carsotopia will be nice to watch with multiple cars moving around. Although, I never had a problem with the Flying Tires and eventually even got them to move consistently - the new version should be an improvement.

They already have bumper cars in the park and they are quite zippy.

NOT!!!!!

I always love it when people visit a major theme park and say their bumper cars are good. You haven't lived (or probably more correctly - haven't almost died and survived) until you've been in some good old fashion Lusse Auto Scooters (or older). Example below from Knobels Grove.
BumperCars4.jpg

Imagine current generation bumper cars moving much faster; but, with much less cushion from a much harder and more dense bumper in a car that weighs much, much more. A good solid hit will knock the car into the air. Makes the average Nascar smash'em'up look tame by comparison.

Modern theme park bumper cars are nothing compared to the classics. All the violence has been taken out of them.

True story - during a couple of my college years, I worked summers at Cedar Point. The first couple of weeks onsite before the season starts, you spend a lot of time getting rides ready to go. One day, I had "the pleasure" of getting the Dodgem bumper cars into working condition. Which in this case, meant we had to get a bunch of employees and drive around in the cars for hours on end to get all of the rust down from the metal connectors on the ceiling that powered the ride. The timer for the ride was turned off and we just had to ride for several hours. This led to about 30 minutes of actual serious bumper car action... after which we got very bored. That led to another hour of bumper car races... which got boring as well. Finally, I invented "Synchronized Bumper Car Driving" in which we created very elaborate patterns without making contact with anyone. At this point, after some serious laughing by one of the management types at the park - we were told we needed to go back to driving like normal guests. That then became the longest day of my life and all I had to show for it was a ton of rust that coated me and memories.

Last edited:

PalisadesPkteer

Was there any room to make the floor area bigger for the Rollickin Roadsters?
The floor area I think is the main problem. Plus, again, too many cars out at the same time.
Going too slow to be a great ride. Will be somewhat fun, put needs more zip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom