Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
Does anyone know exactly what this new ride will be? Inquiring minds want to know!

D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
Boo! You're probably right though. Here's the description from the Disney Park Blog:

"Luigi has invited all of his cugini (cousins) from his hometown of Carsoli, Italy, to visit his Casa della Tires. To help celebrate Race Day in Radiator Springs, they will demonstrate the dances of their village with Cars Land guests when the all-new Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters opens early next year."

Sounds like a spinner, right?

At first I was thinking it was going to be the Cars Quatre Roues Rallye from DSP, but then I realized the Cars Land's Mater ride is a variation of that attraction.

GiveMeTheMusic

It's going to be a trackless flat ride, a la Aquatopia at Tokyo DisneySea only on a smaller platform. I'm hoping it provides some kind of thrill by moving the cars a bit quicker than Aquatopia - otherwise it's going to be pretty dull.

Stevek

It's going to be a trackless flat ride, a la Aquatopia at Tokyo DisneySea only on a smaller platform. I'm hoping it provides some kind of thrill by moving the cars a bit quicker than Aquatopia - otherwise it's going to be pretty dull.
I wonder if they will be using the same tech for the new little green men ride in Toy Story Land @ Disney Hollywood Studios?

dweezil78

I wonder if they will be using the same tech for the new little green men ride in Toy Story Land @ Disney Hollywood Studios?

I've heard that the little green men ride is based on the tech for Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.

As for Luigi's, I would bet it is almost identical to the Heffalumps and Woozles sequence from Tokyo's Winnie the Pooh ride with hopefully some modern touches as that ride is just coming up on its 15th birthday. You can see the sequence starting around the 2:10 mark here:

dweezil78

Well that ought to be exciting. Maybe since it's indoors and if they can give it a "cosmic" feel it will be better. Not that I hate Mater, just not my favorite but the kiddos seem to like it.

It's covered but not really indoors. Looks pretty much the same as Mater from the concept art, just with a re-skin. Instead of being pulled around by Mater, you're pulled around by an alien in a saucer...

Toy-Story-Land-concept.jpg

TP2000

God it's hideous. Toy Story makes for the ugliest theming ever. Nothing says theming like a 25 foot tall static statue of Buzz Lightyear.

It does look a bit amateurish.

But I'm afraid some of this heavy-handed "theme" was necessary due to Orlando's unfortunate climate. They obviously had to come up with some sort of covering for Mater's to allow the attraction to operate in the daily rain and humidity of Orlando. It was necessary, much like the Teacups had to be covered in WDW after the first year of daily closures for rain.

GiveMeTheMusic

It does look a bit amateurish.

But I'm afraid some of this heavy-handed "theme" was necessary due to Orlando's unfortunate climate. They obviously had to come up with some sort of covering for Mater's to allow the attraction to operate in the daily rain and humidity of Orlando. It was necessary, much like the Teacups had to be covered in WDW after the first year of daily closures for rain.

Oh the covering is actually the nicest part of the Toy Story Land artwork released so far IMO. It's the rest of it that really sucks. Giant character statues, oversized toy props, tall grass. Ugly, ugly, ugly. Toy Story is a really terrible theme for a land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom