How bad is Port Orleans Riverside?

DE_DISNEY

We enjoyed the resort and would suggest it to others. Our family has also stayed at Animal Kingdom, Beach Club and Boardwalk.

Only downsides are no gym, fairly dark rooms and I thought the "I love the river mill" song in the food court was a bit too much.

BoarderPhreak

Bad? POR is awesome, IMO. It's a cut above the typical Moderate Resort, IMO - and the grounds are sprawling and beautiful. They don't feel cramped at all, as some of the others do. I like it so much, in fact, that I'm staying there again on an upcoming trip.

While it's unfortunate that the pool at Ol' Man Island will be closed for my stay, that's okay - there are many other quiet pools.

disneydad1000

We love POR we will be going back for our 9th year in a row this August. We also love CBR so this year is CBR and next year is POR, we always switch between the 2 ...well just because we love them both that's all..we honestly love them both the same,I know that sounds kinda strange but that's just us!!

EvilQueen-T

We've stayed at POR 4 or 5 times, last time was last year in AB section. For me it's rare that a hotel bed is comfortable. I've run into the typical problems were the beds are really firm, sometimes it's overly worn on one side but nothing different from any other resort. I haven't had any cleanliness issues. They're doing a refurb on their main pool so that may signal a resort wide refresh is happening but not certain. I've never noticed the bus timing to be any different from any of the other disney resorts. Our worst experience for bus issues was when we stayed at boardwalk. They share their MK bus with beach, yacht, swan, and dolphin so it took forever when we stayed there. I've had the occasional longer than expected wait but not at any one particular disney resort and we've stayed at almost all of them. POR is one of my favorite moderate resorts.

BoarderPhreak

Yes, thank you for your help - I found the information as well.
I couldn't convince my wife that the pool would be ready by our early May visit however, so we wound up booking a stay at Animal Kingdom.
You're welcome! Wow, well that's a nice upgrade. :)

I was worried initially myself as I was looking at the last week in February - but have since changed it to the first week in April. Whew! POR does have a number of quiet pools in addition.

Disneyfreak Jen

So my husband has been reading a lot of bad reviews on riverside. How bad are the rooms, a lot of complaints about them being dirty, and the beds not being comfortable. He also read the busses are awful and folks saying they waited over an hour for busses. Any one been there recently?

I was there in November, no problems. POR is one of my favorite resorts, I've stayed there twice. Very scenic and pretty, pools are nice, and the water taxi to Disney Springs is great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom