How bad is Port Orleans Riverside?

French Quarter

Thank you, I told him that. He said someone said they had bed bugs in their room, and Disney did nothing about. We will be I a preferred room since we are a party of 5.

I read a lot of hotel reviews and you will always have one person complaining about bed bugs while no one else does. I think sometimes people get a rash....maybe a reaction to the laundry detergent...and mistake this for bed bugs.

French Quarter

That is one of our favorite hotels always great service, always clean

I agree that POR is wonderful. I mean, it is not a deluxe but it doesn't claim to be. The room for 5 was very spacious and we appreciated the extra bed. The grounds were beautiful. Food was good.

The bus comment boggles my mind. Who would stand there and wait for a bus for 4 hours? That just sounds made up. Wouldn't you go and talk to someone or find alternative transportation? The buses were just as slow as every other resort we stayed at but they were reasonable.

Courtney6682

I will add that the only thing we didn't care for was the main pool...my husband and I thought it was kind of boring as far as themeing goes...compared to the other mods....BUT...that wouldn't deter us from staying there again at all;)

daisyduckie

I will add that the only thing we didn't care for was the main pool...my husband and I thought it was kind of boring as far as themeing goes...compared to the other mods....BUT...that wouldn't deter us from staying there again at all;)

It is supposed to look like a swimming hole. So their theming is pretty spot on, for as themed as a swimming hole can be. But I agree, it is not as wow as the other moderate pools.

jackson2005

We stayed 10 days in October, everything was great! Bus was a little slow, but that was at all resorts. We were at the boardwalk and waited 45 min for a bus.
We love FQ and POR

rucifee

I agree that POR is wonderful. I mean, it is not a deluxe but it doesn't claim to be. The room for 5 was very spacious and we appreciated the extra bed. The grounds were beautiful. Food was good.

The bus comment boggles my mind. Who would stand there and wait for a bus for 4 hours? That just sounds made up. Wouldn't you go and talk to someone or find alternative transportation? The buses were just as slow as every other resort we stayed at but they were reasonable.

I've been stuck at POR, not for 4 hours but for more than 2. Didn't have a car, we just went over for lunch and were heading back to the park. They just assured us that a bus would be along any time, 2 hours later it took more than one to pick everyone up.

I've also had a multi-hour delay at Coronado, and at other resorts. Complaining to drivers didn't help, complaining to resort staff didn't help either.

I wouldn't not stay at a resort because I've had poor bus service, it happens at all of them now and then.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We've stayed at POR several times before we became Deluxe snobs (DVC member now) ;) and always enjoyed our stay. It's a lovely resort and the ability to take to boat to DTD is an added bonus. We only had one issue - when returning to our room to get ready for our evening ADR, we discovered that the battery for the door lock died sometime during the day. My issue was that Mousekeeping knew that the door lock wasn't functioning (back in the days of the Key to World card before MBs) since they hadn't been able to service our room and didn't tell maintenance (ran into the housekeeper as I was waiting for maintenance and she told me). But maintenance responded within 15 minutes to replace the lock (which was a rather complicated process, believe it or not).

One thing to know. If anyone in your party will be using either a wheelchair or a scooter, the buildings in Alligator Bayou don't have elevators.

pepguy1

We stayed at POR 5 days over Halloween and really enjoyed it, our mousekeeper was awesome and accommodated all of our requests and the kids loved the pool.

NormC

No one waits for multiple hours for a bus on Disney Property unless there was some catastrophe. In all of my years going I have never even been close to an hour. I have stayed at Coronado and POP and DIxie Landings(PORS), AK, BLT, Wilderness Lodge. 10-20 minutes is the norm.

DisneyFans4Life

No one waits for multiple hours for a bus on Disney Property unless there was some catastrophe. In all of my years going I have never even been close to an hour. I have stayed at Coronado and POP and DIxie Landings(PORS), AK, BLT, Wilderness Lodge. 10-20 minutes is the norm.
I have to agree on this. I don't think Disney would ever make guests wait more than an hour to get out of the resort...they have far too many buses (and charter buses) that can be used. Unless there was some major going on, I could not see more than about 30 minutes max.

rucifee

I have to agree on this. I don't think Disney would ever make guests wait more than an hour to get out of the resort...they have far too many buses (and charter buses) that can be used. Unless there was some major going on, I could not see more than about 30 minutes max.

I have first hand experience, multiple times over multiple years. Definitely not 4 hours, but 2.

Jahona

If you are at the bus stop by the lobby during a busy day then you will most likely have problems. I waited for almost an hour for a bus to Hollywood Studios because the buses were filling up at the other stops before reaching the last stop. I didn't know this and kept wondering why the sign kept jumping up in estimation. Eventually I complained to a cast member who had a charter bus come and pick up those waiting. Lesson learned is West Depot is usually the best spot during the day for getting a bus.

Gaprofitt

So my husband has been reading a lot of bad reviews on riverside. How bad are the rooms, a lot of complaints about them being dirty, and the beds not being comfortable. He also read the busses are awful and folks saying they waited over an hour for busses. Any one been there recently?

It's not bad, just bring a few cans of bug spray... Just joking..

Rickster7

What reviews have you been reading? POR has high ratings on AllEars.net. Am I allowed to say that? I would say if you don't like the beds there you won't like the beds at most other resorts. I stayed at POR in 2012 before they refurbished the rooms and had no problems.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I've stayed at all levels of resorts and Disney doesn't have beds in any resort, including the GF, that are as comfortable as my non-TempurPedic gel/foam mattress at home. The best and most comfortable Disney mattresses are on the Disney cruise ships.

That said, POR is a great resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom