How bad is Port Orleans Riverside?

Jahona

Hah hah, read the rest of that sentence, silly. :p

Oh I got it. I will admit to having to read it several times before I fully grasped the sentence structure.
Personal opinion was the beds at CSR seemed to be plusher than the ones at POR. They felt more comfortable to me than the ones at POR which were a bit firmer.

Jakesky40

I personally love the port Orleans resorts, both the riverside and French quarter, my two favorite moderate resorts by far. The biggest gripe I have is just the bus system for them. Takes forever to get thru all of the stops at riverside. But otherwise beautiful resorts.

TaraWdopeyfan

Original Poster
What reviews have you been reading? POR has high ratings on AllEars.net. Am I allowed to say that? I would say if you don't like the beds there you won't like the beds at most other resorts. I stayed at POR in 2012 before they refurbished the rooms and had no problems.

Travelocity I believe was the site my husband was reading.

Unomas

We've stayed there a couple of times and absolutely loved it. The grounds are among the most beautiful on property. We always stay in the rooms closest to the lobby area. We've only stayed in the Magnolia Bend side, so I can only recommend that. Check out this great fan site for more information. http://www.portorleans.org/

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Many people absolutely love POR...

We stayed there once for the last three nights of a 15 day trip. I can honestly say I have never been more disappointed in a Disney resorts service than that stay.

From room assignment, we paid for a premium room but we got a corner room that looked at the side of a stairwell and a parking lot. To make it worse my wife is wheelchair bound and the room while sitting no more than 20ft from parking had stairs to the lot which meant we had to walk to the inside corner of the building to get to the lot. When we complained we were dismissed by the resort manager on duty, she stated their room categories were based on building and not views.

When bell services brought our bags to the room (we transferred from BWI) the refrigerated items were both melted (gummies, misc candy, and cupcakes) or were crushed. BWI had them in their fridge so POR made the mistake, we ended up spending another hour or so at GR to bring the issue to their attention and at first we got the same basic response that they are not responsible, etc. it wasn't until we asked to be transferred to a resort that cared that we received an acceptable response that they would replace the damaged and/or melted items which is all we wanted in the first place.

The guests above us were among the loudest we have ever encountered at any Disney resort in 20+ visits and the guests next to us weren't much better.

So, we absolutely love POFQ, CBR and CS for moderates but will never stay at POR again, poor service top down, bus service was terrible because the shared buses picked up FQ first and as we need the wheelchair spot we sat at the bust stop for well over an hour while bus after bus already had guests in the seats (the drivers will rarely ask a guest to move) until we got fed up with it and drive ourselves.

Jedi-Joe

I have never stayed at this resort but my co-worker has stayed at just about every resort including the tree houses and he prefers POFQ. We have had discussions about resorts in the past since I tend to be more frugal in my choices and have stayed mostly at Value resorts - All Stars and POP (AoA not open when I last visited) and he convinced me to try a moderate. Port Orleans was not available at the time so I booked at CBR and would not go back to a Value (maybe AoA) Having larger beds and slightly larger rooms and mini fridge is worth the slightly more cost. My co-worker also believes that going up to a deluxe is not worth the extra jump in cost over a Moderate ( that of course is one's personal preference and choice) He also stated that he likes FQ over RS since those who book at Disney Sea and Land package generally gets put in POR ( I cannot confirm nor deny that piece, just what my co-worker has stated)

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I haven't been back to the POR since a few years ago, but when we stayed there, it was a great experience. I definitely can see myself staying there again.

Googelibear

Thank you, I told him that. He said someone said they had bed bugs in their room, and Disney did nothing about. We will be I a preferred room since we are a party of 5.
I would not believe that Disney would not immediately do something about problem. There are always people making up stories, just to be trolls. POR is a wonderful and our favorite of all the moderate resorts.

Lord_Vader

I would not believe that Disney would not immediately do something about problem. There are always people making up stories, just to be trolls. POR is a wonderful and our favorite of all the moderate resorts.
POR is the only Disney resort I will never stay at again, from service to room our visit was by far the worst we have ever had at WDW.

Our stays have ranged from all three All-StR resorts, POP, all three moderates and many of the deluxe resorts but none we near as bad as our experience with POR, not even close.

Incomudro

POR is the only Disney resort I will never stay at again, from service to room our visit was by far the worst we have ever had at WDW.

Our stays have ranged from all three All-StR resorts, POP, all three moderates and many of the deluxe resorts but none we near as bad as our experience with POR, not even close.
You do realize that virtually nothing you criticized had anything to do with the resort itself, don't you?

Lord_Vader

You do realize that virtually nothing you criticized had anything to do with the resort itself, don't you?

Service has everything to do with the guest experience at any resort. Our service was so poor I will never go back to POR and if it had been our first Disney resort experience it would have been our last.

TPrice

We stayed there a few weeks ago and loved it. We want to stay there or POFQ on our next trip. Our room was clean. The beds were fine. Our kids loved the Princess Tiana theme. We took the boat to/from Disney Springs. Went to French Quarter for beignets one morning. Only thing we did not do that we will next time is the horse and carriage ride.

surfsupdon

We are unfortunately staying here soonish, and I know it is a nice Resort, but we are upset that that the majority of Ol Man Island recreation is going to be closed. Well, not upset that it is closed, but upset that POR GM sent a letter out not far enough in advance to find availability at any other Resort on property--save for a room at AKL for 1100/night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom