Finally taking a trip to Disneyland

ght

If you purchase at least 3 day tickets on the Disneyland website, you can get one day of early entry even if you're not staying at a DL hotel.
Actually you don't even have to use the Disneyland website, the 3 day+ tickets from third party vendors like GetAwayToday and Orbitz (which are cheaper) also give you the magic morning.

the-reason14

Captain EO? I didn't know that had an FP option. That seems ridiculous. I find it odd kiddie rides like Dumbo have the option.

Lol yes!!! Captain eo!! This was back in November before it closed. I mean, I knew we weren't gonna get Soarin but I was holding out hope for maybe Test Track or even Mission: Space, but nope, not one of them.

Princess Kaylee

I might ramble a bit as I'm not great at pre-trip posts. So to start off with, I've been going to WDW since the 90s with my parents and then with friends and family. It wasn't until the Diamond celebration did I stop to think about going to Disneyland. I've been to Anaheim for business a few times but never had the chance to do anything but look at Disneyland. I've locked down confirmations from friends and family that were interested and now am starting to book everything.

The plan is to go March 5th to the 8th. Attempting to beat the main influx of spring break, although it's the weekend so it will be busy anyways. We are flying into SNA and will shuttle to our hotel.

I get a corporate discount on tickets and hotels in the area and was debating between the Anabella or the Carousel Inn. From photos and reviews I think I'm leaning towards the Anabella but I was curious what others thought.

I've purchased 3 day park hopper tickets in advance. For the short time I thought flexibility might be a good thing.

For dining reservations I wasn't expecting the 60 day window, I'm used to, or spoiled by wdw being 180 days. All of my days just became open and I was thinking about doing 2 or 3 TS dinners and was looking for restaurant advice. I might be open to doing a World of Color Dinner package if anyone thinks it's worth the extra cost.

I remember the old paper Fast Pass system from WDW of old and running in the mornings to get the first one. Part of me wishes that the NFC part of the MagicBands worked at Disneyland so we could use some of the designed ones from our trip last year.

I guess in closing any comments, complaints, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We fly to LAX through Southwest, they are great. I would suggest doing a character meal at Goofys Kitchen. 3 day park hoppers will be MORE than enough. I have been going to Disneyland for 20 years and we have always done 2-3 day park hoppers. I am not a fan of park hoppers in WDW but love them in DL since you can walk into California Adventure. Don't forget to ride Indiana Jones!

Princess Kaylee

We fly to LAX through Southwest, they are great. I would suggest doing a character meal at Goofys Kitchen. 3 day park hoppers will be MORE than enough. I have been going to Disneyland for 20 years and we have always done 2-3 day park hoppers. I am not a fan of park hoppers in WDW but love them in DL since you can walk into California Adventure. Don't forget to ride Indiana Jones!

Another thing is you do not have to stay on property we always stay at Quality Inn across the street and walk into the park everyday!

Jahona

Original Poster
Another thing is you do not have to stay on property we always stay at Quality Inn across the street and walk into the park everyday!

I got a good deal with my corporate discount for the Carousel Inn. Right across the street as well. It seems to me from looking at reviews and other info online that the "Good Neighbor" moniker doesn't actually denote quality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom