Pre-Trip WE HAVE TO GO BACK! (April 2016)

Wow.

Well, this is quite a surprise!

We JUST got back from Disney on 9/26!! I hadn't been in ten years, and honestly didn't expect to be back for quite some time, but as luck would have it, it looks like we are going to be back in just SIX SHORT MONTHS!! I'm seriously still kind of in shock!

So here is a bit of back story to explain..My co worker has told me that her and her significant other are going to start trying for a baby...right now. I'm totally cool with this except that we normally vacation in September, and really any way it plays out if she were to be successful in the new few months, it would mean no vacation or any time off for me for up to 3 months. We always go to the beach, and so my brain started racking. We could go in early spring, but no, too cold, and basically it just went like that and me calculating out how many months from each month and blah blah. It got overwhelming. I knew that no matter what, I'd be pretty safe in April or May but it's not warm enough for the beach. Disney briefly came to mind but I thought "no way will i be able to talk my husband into going back this soon!" So all day today I looked up prices with the help of my mom (remember, she planned out entire vacation!) and I came home in hopes of trying to convince my husband that I think this is the best thing to do in regards to the uncertainty of my coworker being out next year. It didn't take much convincing! He was surprised that we could stay for as cheap as we could and that was it! We decided we are going to do it! I am giddy like a school girl!

I LOVE my beach trips, and the fact that I'm so excited about this is a bit surprising! So that's that! This is SUPER early in the planning process (and that step is OMG i'm still in shock!) and I know all of almost NOTHING right now except that we will be staying in a Value this time around since we are footing the bill. LOL

Anyway, that's all I've got right now. I honestly can't believe it! Stick around!

Last edited:

TheMouseFan

Morning folks!

Not so much planning done over the weekend. We went to the pumpkin patch on Saturday and had so much fun! Harper just loved the HUGE slide and we went down with her several times! We would get off, and she'd turn and start marching back up the giant hill. It was too cute!

Our screen saver on our computer are all pictures from our September Disney trip, and you should see Harper watch them! She gets SOOO excited! She's gasping, pointing, and looking at me smiling! It's pretty darn exciting to know that we get to take her back again in April and do it all again!

There appears to be one small snag with our upcoming trip.......

My dad is getting married. On Earth Day. Which just so happens to be while we are gone. As far as I know, they have not solidified any hard plans, but this was the date they were talking about. I'm not sure what to do. If I change my dates, I miss going the same week at my Mom and Step-Dad. I really don't want to go earlier because of Star Wars marathon, and Easter, so it's just not ideal for me to move it. I don't mean this to sound bad either, but I am 29 years old, and didn't know my Dad until a few years ago. While we have made huge strides in mending our relationship, but I just don't know how I feel about moving my vacation around for a 30 minute wedding ceremony. I really hope that doesn't make me sound like a horrible person. I have had my mind locked on going on these dates, and I don't want to change it! I'm going to text him today and try to feel him out. For all I know, they could be doing a courthouse wedding or they might choose a different date, so I might be worrying for no reason.

Not horrible at all! I would hope anyone would understand the amount of planning that goes into a vacation like this, and know that it is not easily changed!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Not horrible at all! I would hope anyone would understand the amount of planning that goes into a vacation like this, and know that it is not easily changed!
Of all people, my dad REALLY doesn't understand. LOL. He just got a computer and a cell phone like last year. I don't think he gets it at ALL, but i'll just have to see. I texted him earlier but no response yet. He is working.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Great news! I wonder how many people end up making a "quick" retrip to Disney right after they return from a previous one? Everytime I get home from a trip, I'm already planning the next! I'm excited to see the next trip report already!!

And I like the Gift Cards as well - don't have to carry around $$ and change and whatever else - but still prevents the "unlimited" spending Magic Bands allow for... weird I know.

Thank you!!! I am sorry I just saw this! I must have missed it when I started PTR.

We are so excited to be going back so soon! It's nice because I still have things fresh in my mind, so planning is a little easier!

jjbuster2

thank you for your suggestions! Pecos Bill's is something I really want to try! I didn't even SEE it on our last trip! *sigh* LOL!
On our last trip Pecos Bill's was weird...it was the weekend after Thanksgiving so everything in the Magic Kingdom was super packed and we went over to Pecos to use our last of our quick service credits and were shoo'ed on by 2 cast members at 2 different entrances telling us that this was an exit and to use the entrance. The 3rd time this happened (apparently we missed it because they tried to send us back the way we came) we gave up and went to the Diamond Horseshoe instead. I was not wow'ed at the Horseshoe but that may have been the sour taste from what just happened at Pecos. So the entrance must not be very well marked so I guess it's easy to miss. Maybe next trip...:rolleyes:

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
On our last trip Pecos Bill's was weird...it was the weekend after Thanksgiving so everything in the Magic Kingdom was super packed and we went over to Pecos to use our last of our quick service credits and were shoo'ed on by 2 cast members at 2 different entrances telling us that this was an exit and to use the entrance. The 3rd time this happened (apparently we missed it because they tried to send us back the way we came) we gave up and went to the Diamond Horseshoe instead. I was not wow'ed at the Horseshoe but that may have been the sour taste from what just happened at Pecos. So the entrance must not be very well marked so I guess it's easy to miss. Maybe next trip...:rolleyes:
Oh, thanks for the heads up!! I'll keep that in mind!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Morning folks!

Not so much planning done over the weekend. We went to the pumpkin patch on Saturday and had so much fun! Harper just loved the HUGE slide and we went down with her several times! We would get off, and she'd turn and start marching back up the giant hill. It was too cute!

Our screen saver on our computer are all pictures from our September Disney trip, and you should see Harper watch them! She gets SOOO excited! She's gasping, pointing, and looking at me smiling! It's pretty darn exciting to know that we get to take her back again in April and do it all again!

My dad is getting married. On Earth Day. Which just so happens to be while we are gone. As far as I know, they have not solidified any hard plans, but this was the date they were talking about. I'm not sure what to do. If I change my dates, I miss going the same week at my Mom and Step-Dad. I really don't want to go earlier because of Star Wars marathon, and Easter, so it's just not ideal for me to move it. I don't mean this to sound bad either, but I am 29 years old, and didn't know my Dad until a few years ago. While we have made huge strides in mending our relationship, but I just don't know how I feel about moving my vacation around for a 30 minute wedding ceremony. I really hope that doesn't make me sound like a horrible person. I have had my mind locked on going on these dates, and I don't want to change it! I'm going to text him today and try to feel him out. For all I know, they could be doing a courthouse wedding or they might choose a different date, so I might be worrying for no reason.

That's a bit of a dilemma about your trip dates. Can you go talk to him, and just be sincere about all your planning, and the dates you had selected, while also being sensitive to a date he may have in mind. Then again, if I understand correctly, it's not cast in stone that he's definitely picked a very specific date (yet). If not, maybe there's a chance that he could work out a different date. Whatever the outcome, I wish you (and him) well.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
That's a bit of a dilemma about your trip dates. Can you go talk to him, and just be sincere about all your planning, and the dates you had selected, while also being sensitive to a date he may have in mind. Then again, if I understand correctly, it's not cast in stone that he's definitely picked a very specific date (yet). If not, maybe there's a chance that he could work out a different date. Whatever the outcome, I wish you (and him) well.

Thanks! As it were, we are now thinking about going a week earlier. We will see how it plays out.

FlaggNL

I don't blame you for taking advantage of that deal! Do you come for more than a week when you come? I wish I got two weeks in Disney. Then I wouldn't have to rush around so much!!

I totally understand. We wille be in WDW more than a week, but 4 or 5 days more will bring so much more ease! But we are stick to holidays of our girl Sacha and in October she just have one week. So the upcomming trip and the 2016 trip is from Friday till Saturday. We take off early Friday morning and land again in Amsterdam on Sunday morning. We want to be in WDW during Halloween season, so that's why it is October. Someday we will do a Star Wars weekend, but depends on holiday of Sacha. Maybe in the future when she is working we can do a 2 week trip!

FlaggNL

Hello everyone!
I'm thinking this morning about Pop Century! I want to do more research on the resort. From the pictures I saw, it looks pretty awesome. Who's stayed? Any preferable building? I'd like to be close to the food court (as I'm sure everyone does). The last trip we brought no food or water from home (stupid) and had to go to the Mara at AKL ALL the time. I'm now hearing that AKL's Mara is one of the less desirable food courts and that Pop's is pretty awesome! That's exciting news.

I loved AKL because it was so quiet and tropical, but I think that Harper will LOVE the theme at Pop. Everything is so big and colorful! If anyone has anything they'd like to tell me about the place, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

We never been on-site in WDW. POFQ will be our first time and for what ppl here told us it is on of the best resorts to stay :) Next year will be PORS :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Morning folks!

Good luck as that's a difficult decision to make.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
WOW! Planning a Disney vacation CAN be stressful!
We've changed dates about a bazillion times since I've last posted. I learned that there is going to be some kind of World's Cheerleading thing the week we were originally planning, and I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but NOOOOOOOOO.

As Pop was one of the resorts for cheerleaders, I immediately started talk to my mom and we tried to figure out a new plan. Upgrading to a moderate is just not possible, as the $400 jump from Pop to the lowest Moderate would cover MOST of our food purchases for the week, so I just cannot justify it. We considered the week of 4/16-4/23 but there were still going to be cheerleaders so we went one more week back to 4/9-4/16. My mom is worried that the Star Wars races during this week are going to jack up the crowd. That, I don't know because I've never been for a RunDisney event. Honestly, in September, crowds got up to 8's and we survived. I'd rather deal with crowds vs hoards and hoards of loud, mouthy, cheering teenagers or pre-teens. That honestly sounds like something that might ruin a vacation for me, so I just cannot do it.

My mom is still bothered by what the crowds could be, and I finally just told her she needed to go when SHE wanted to go. For me, the cheerleaders would be a deal breaker, but since she doesn't have to deal with them, it doesn't really affect her. She must really want to go when we do, because she decided that that week would work.

So now we are at 4/9-4/16 and 179 days.

I have to re-plan all my park days, and make ADR's. Good thing I'm not making a ton, because I'd really be stressin' right about now.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
So where I stand right now, I think I only want these ADR'S:
Akershus
BOG (lunch) - really just want to see it. Beauty and the Beast is my FAVE
Beaches & Cream

and my mom is making the ADR for Ohana. She's worried we not get it right now, but I'm really hoping we do. This is the one I REALLY want the most.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
It's official!!!! We are BOOKED!!!!!
That also meant that I needed to get RIGHT to work on my ADR's since we are so close! I had too much fun picking these, and indeed ended up with quite a few!!
Here is our UPDATED itinerary for the week!

April 9th - Arrive (hopefully around lunch time) and relax. No parks this day
April 10th - Animal Kingdom - Afternoon Break - MK for Electrical Parade!
April 11th- DHS/ Maybe Disney Springs - Relax for the evening
April 12th- Morning ADR at 'Ohana with my mom and step dad and then to MK for the day!

April 13th- Epcot! ADR at Akershus at lunch time! Break- MK in the evening
April 14th- ADULT DAY!!! MK for the day - BOG at 1pm and Tony's at 6pm
April 15th- Epcot for WS and an ADR at Beaches & Cream at 11am!! MK for the last time in the evening
April 16th- Start the sad drive home.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Let me explain Adult Day!
My Mom and Step Dad who will be there the same week but staying in a different resort have asked if they could take Harper for the day on April 14th. This was going to be a Magic Kingdom day for us. Since it's towards the end of the week, I figured why not! But then I got REALLY excited. This is the day my husband and I can do all the ride together that Harper can't get on! (Splash, Space, BTMRR, 7DMT, ect...)

Well then I got to thinking... I REALLY want to see BOG. It was my favorite movie as a kid, and I've watched it several times since my daughter was born and it's still a favorite. I just love it! I've been on the fence because I hear the food isn't that great, but I'm still enthralled by it. What better day to see it than a day where we don't have to be rushed by a small, cranky child!! I'm not going to lie, I am really excited about this. We will be able to take our time and really get to take it in! Well, maybe I got a little carried away, but I thought that maybe we should have dinner too! This day will be the only time the entire week that we will be able to eat as two adults, not rushed, and eating at the same time! So I went for it and made an ADR at Tony's!! I've never been, but the GF menu looked outstanding!! My husband also LOVES Italian food, so this will be great!

I even thought briefly about starting the day in AK and riding EE & Dinosaur while we have the chance! I'm just not sure though. We could try for RD in MK and catch a bunch of rides without having to deal with a stroller. I think we might just spend the whole day in MK....

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Well, I'm pretty sure I'm cancelling my Akershus ADR.

I've been doing some reading, and I think the price is a little steep for two adults. At $50 a person, this really would be quite a splurge on a buffet meal. I'd much rather meet characters that Harper is more familiar with. Maybe in a couple years when she has a better grasp at what/who the princesses are it would be a better time for her.

I made an ADR at Chef Mickey's again! It's the first morning, and it's early, but she did really well there in September. I was really hoping to snag Tusker House since we are going to AK that day, but right now there is no availability! Which would you pick? Chef Mickey's or Tusker House? I'm going to keep an eye out for TH, but for the time being I'm pretty happy with Chef Mickey's. It's just going to be some extra work going to MK, catching the monorail to the CR, and then taking a bus to AK, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom