Pre-Trip WE HAVE TO GO BACK! (April 2016)

Wow.

Well, this is quite a surprise!

We JUST got back from Disney on 9/26!! I hadn't been in ten years, and honestly didn't expect to be back for quite some time, but as luck would have it, it looks like we are going to be back in just SIX SHORT MONTHS!! I'm seriously still kind of in shock!

So here is a bit of back story to explain..My co worker has told me that her and her significant other are going to start trying for a baby...right now. I'm totally cool with this except that we normally vacation in September, and really any way it plays out if she were to be successful in the new few months, it would mean no vacation or any time off for me for up to 3 months. We always go to the beach, and so my brain started racking. We could go in early spring, but no, too cold, and basically it just went like that and me calculating out how many months from each month and blah blah. It got overwhelming. I knew that no matter what, I'd be pretty safe in April or May but it's not warm enough for the beach. Disney briefly came to mind but I thought "no way will i be able to talk my husband into going back this soon!" So all day today I looked up prices with the help of my mom (remember, she planned out entire vacation!) and I came home in hopes of trying to convince my husband that I think this is the best thing to do in regards to the uncertainty of my coworker being out next year. It didn't take much convincing! He was surprised that we could stay for as cheap as we could and that was it! We decided we are going to do it! I am giddy like a school girl!

I LOVE my beach trips, and the fact that I'm so excited about this is a bit surprising! So that's that! This is SUPER early in the planning process (and that step is OMG i'm still in shock!) and I know all of almost NOTHING right now except that we will be staying in a Value this time around since we are footing the bill. LOL

Anyway, that's all I've got right now. I honestly can't believe it! Stick around!

Last edited:

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. Thankfully it wasn't worse and I hope he recovers quickly.
It is hard to save up money, especially when there are so many expenses all the time.

Thank you. He will be okay, but he's really banged and bruised up. Poor kid.

yes, this a hard time. My husband likes to go buck wild at Christmas, but I told him we really need to be careful this year. This year will be Harper's first year where it'll be a little more exciting than it was at 6 months, so it'll be all about her! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
What a frightening ordeal for your cousin. I'm glad to hear that he was wearing his seat belt; did his airbags deploy as well? At least he is recovering, and I hope he feels 100% very soon.

As for dealing with the budget, Christmas and family issues, just take one day at a time.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So sorry to hear about your cousin - but I'm glad he will be okay. How scary!

I understand the Christmas budget. I have also lessened our gift budget to be able to save money for our trip. I find a lot of great deals on Amazon.

I've also found that Amazon is a great source for so many items. They have some good prices and efficient delivery as well.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
What a frightening ordeal for your cousin. I'm glad to hear that he was wearing his seat belt; did his airbags deploy as well? At least he is recovering, and I hope he feels 100% very soon.

As for dealing with the budget, Christmas and family issues, just take one day at a time.

yes, thankfully the airbags went off, and he didn't seem to be hit by them! He did end up biting his tongue pretty bad. The thing is black and blue. He is going back to school on Thursday and back to work on Friday.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
So sorry to hear about your cousin - but I'm glad he will be okay. How scary!

I understand the Christmas budget. I have also lessened our gift budget to be able to save money for our trip. I find a lot of great deals on Amazon.

Amazon is my Holy Grail for shopping! I literally almost never set foot in a store for Christmas. Last year I did all of my shopping on amazon. It's perfect!

Zipadeelady

Your killing me!!! It's like Deja vu. :D I love to make lists of what we should do and when we should do it. Then I'll go and scratch it out and start all over. I've kept the journals of all of our vacations and its funny to go back a look at them and realize i'm a bit of a spaz when it comes to planning our Disney trips.

I can answer your Cape May question though... I hate seafood but I was out voted and my family chose this as one of our ADR's. They loved it. Maybe it's because where we live there isn't any good seafood restaurants, maybe it is that good, i'm not sure but they couldnt get enough of the crab legs. I even found a few things to eat. I would recommend it... at least once.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Your killing me!!! It's like Deja vu. :D I love to make lists of what we should do and when we should do it. Then I'll go and scratch it out and start all over. I've kept the journals of all of our vacations and its funny to go back a look at them and realize i'm a bit of a spaz when it comes to planning our Disney trips.

I can answer your Cape May question though... I hate seafood but I was out voted and my family chose this as one of our ADR's. They loved it. Maybe it's because where we live there isn't any good seafood restaurants, maybe it is that good, i'm not sure but they couldnt get enough of the crab legs. I even found a few things to eat. I would recommend it... at least once.

Thank you! That's great to know! I think I am done with ADR's for this trip, but I'm SURE we will be back and we will try it out!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
:p I just have to laugh....

Everyone says that Harper won't remember her first trip. While I agree for the most part, that long term she definitely won't remember it, she still does right now.

This morning I'm in the bathroom brushing my teeth and I start hearing "disee! Disee!!" (Disney.. obvi) coming from the living room! I walk in and she is sitting on the ottoman, and just watching the screen saver which displays all of our vacation pictures. She was sitting still, just watching them! She still knows, and remembers. I said "Do you want to go back to Disney?" and she calmly said "yeahhhhh" and I just had to laugh. She also remembers and loves Dumbo. We also have a lot of the Disney books and Dumbo is her favorite to look through. She says "umbo!"

For a 15 month old, she sure has a lot to say, and I'm proud of her!

Anyway, it makes my heart swell that we get to take her back, my little Disney princess. :inlove:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
:p I just have to laugh....

Everyone says that Harper won't remember her first trip. While I agree for the most part, that long term she definitely won't remember it, she still does right now.

This morning I'm in the bathroom brushing my teeth and I start hearing "disee! Disee!!" (Disney.. obvi) coming from the living room! I walk in and she is sitting on the ottoman, and just watching the screen saver which displays all of our vacation pictures. She was sitting still, just watching them! She still knows, and remembers. I said "Do you want to go back to Disney?" and she calmly said "yeahhhhh" and I just had to laugh. She also remembers and loves Dumbo. We also have a lot of the Disney books and Dumbo is her favorite to look through. She says "umbo!"

For a 15 month old, she sure has a lot to say, and I'm proud of her!

Anyway, it makes my heart swell that we get to take her back, my little Disney princess. :inlove:
That story right there is why "Disee" trips are worth EVERY penny!

We learned about "puppy imprinting" with Akira and how the smallest positive or negative events at a young age will "imprint" in their memory for life. While they may not specifically remember the exact event, the emotion from the experience is what remains. In this case, you have imprinted Disney on Harper, or as I call it, Disney brainwashing, lol!!! She is officially a card carrying Disney nut like the rest of us now!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
That story right there is why "Disee" trips are worth EVERY penny!

We learned about "puppy imprinting" with Akira and how the smallest positive or negative events at a young age will "imprint" in their memory for life. While they may not specifically remember the exact event, the emotion from the experience is what remains. In this case, you have imprinted Disney on Harper, or as I call it, Disney brainwashing, lol!!! She is officially a card carrying Disney nut like the rest of us now!

Awww! You are so right!! She just lights up EVERY time the pictures come up! I really would have thought by now she'd just be used to them, or ignore them, but they stop her to a stand still every time!!! She loves to watch all the pictures. It makes my heart hurt a little bit! It's so darn cute!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Awww! You are so right!! She just lights up EVERY time the pictures come up! I really would have thought by now she'd just be used to them, or ignore them, but they stop her to a stand still every time!!! She loves to watch all the pictures. It makes my heart hurt a little bit! It's so darn cute!
Technically, you can "train" a child the same as an animal. That may sound odd, but it works. Ive already applied basic training concepts we learned with Akira on my nieces and nephews and it works quite well. Start simple by saying her name, and then when she looks at you, slowly blink your eyes. When she blinks back at you, you give her some love, like a hug or a kiss. It builds a foundation for her to trust you, and will imprint on her to look at you when you say her name as she will learn she gets "rewarded" (hugs, kisses) for doing so.

ETA: Im sure your daughter already trusts you and I did not meant to imply you need any help as a parent. I have no children so I try and get the young kids in my life to do what I need through the only technique I know how, lol

Last edited:

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Technically, you can "train" a child the same as an animal. That may sound odd, but it works. Ive already applied basic training concepts we learned with Akira on my nieces and nephews and it works quite well. Start simple by saying her name, and then when she looks at you, slowly blink your eyes. When she blinks back at you, you give her some love, like a hug or a kiss. It builds a foundation for her to trust you, and will imprint on her to look at you when you say her name as she will learn she gets "rewarded" (hugs, kisses) for doing so.

ETA: Im sure your daughter already trusts you and I did not meant to imply you need any help as a parent. I have no children so I try and get the young kids in my life to do what I need through the only technique I know how, lol

haha, this is pretty awesome! It's pretty much impossible to keep from squeezing and kissing her little face. In fact, I think she gets annoyed with it sometimes. She does this thing when she's annoyed when she'll do a long blink and then look at you like "are you still talking?" sooooo, maybe she's trying to teach ME something.... o_O

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
haha, this is pretty awesome! It's pretty much impossible to keep from squeezing and kissing her little face. In fact, I think she gets annoyed with it sometimes. She does this thing when she's annoyed when she'll do a long blink and then look at you like "are you still talking?" sooooo, maybe she's trying to teach ME something.... o_O
Lol, perhaps she is. Blinking is a very powerful body language component.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom