The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Did I ever tell the story about Art Carney (you remember Norton for the Honeymooners)?
th

He was in a play at the Ogunquit Playhouse in Ogunquit Maine. In the evening we used to go down to the beach and sit in a little shelter there and just look out at the ocean. This one evening there was a family trip, I guess, because my Mother, Father, Sister and My wife and myself were sitting there starring out at the water when we looked up and saw two people come up and sat a few feet away from us. It was Art Carney and his wife. They were staying at a hotel just a little way away.

My mother went into partial paralysis and just sat there looking at them. She had a camera and didn't want to use it and also didn't want to talk to him. That was because, I think, that my family always held that no matter what their status in life is they have a right to some privacy. So we just waited, afraid to move. After a short time, Mr. Carney and his wife got up and started walking toward their hotel. As soon as they cleared out, my mother said to my Dad, lets get to the car and as we drive by them I can take a picture. We all headed for the car and by the time we all got in, they were close to their place. By the time we got there they were walking into the drive way of the hotel so my father cut over through it to get in a position for my Mother to take the picture. The trouble was that he cut it a little to short and the next thing we saw was Art Carney and his wife both leaping into the ditch along side the road to avoid getting run over. Dad gunned the motor and made a quick exit out the other driveway never to be seen again. So much for celebrity privacy. I refer to that trip is the "We almost killed Art Carney" vacation.

In case you are wondering, we did see that both were upright and not injured before we made the quick getaway.
Love your stories @Goofyernmost. Another good laugh, I never missed the honeymooners. Great TV times.

Cesar R M

It was announced at ComicCon that RS and AT will be back for a season 8 (no original CN program has lasted beyond 7) but it is widely speculated that after The Regular Show Movie (which will be on CN right before Thanksgiving) the show will go on "hiatus". Most shows don't come back from that.

Same with Adventure Time. Their movie is supposed to be made by the creators of The Lego Movie and released in theaters. I don't think that project will ever get off the ground as many AT artists are now doing We Bare Bears.

As for Mordecai and Margaret I think it was a mistake to write her off, bring in CJ, then bring Margaret back again. It did up the viewership as it piqued curiousity as what was going on. The RS writers are wrapping up the characters storylines (Muscleman/Starla wedding, Rigby/Eileen finally admitting their together) so we'll see what the future brings.
actually.. there are shows that go to " hiatus" and return.
Like the case of Nick's TMNT, Which has gone to hiatus for months many times and has returned.
So.. Imho.. There could be different reasons.

Regular show could be just a " time out" to gather new ideas or even pull a TV animated movie (similar to Ben 10).
In Nicks case... TMNT.. I heard it was story consistency (aka fixing inconsistencies between episodes to prepare for the following seasons).

but then, I agree with you in the case of Cartoon Network.
When shows get too popular... they just nix them.

donaldtoo

Yes, even though you have to deal with recovery, being able to use your thumb is a good thing. Plus just thinking about your thumb coming out of the socket gives me the heebie-jeebies!! :in pain:

OK, last time I'm posting about this...
This is yet another post I wanted to like, but, couldn't. So frustrating.

So, is there anyone out there that can explain to me why, no matter what browser I'm using to get on the site, why the site acts up while I'm on it...?
What does the browser I'm using have to do with the way the site works...?!?!?!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
OK, last time I'm posting about this...
This is yet another post I wanted to like, but, couldn't. So frustrating.

So, is there anyone out there that can explain to me why, no matter what browser I'm using to get on the site, why the site acts up while I'm on it...?
What does the browser I'm using have to do with the way the site works...?!?!?!
Could you, any anyone else who is having problems, create a separate thread each in the help and support section. I can help there, but it it is difficult to do so here.

betty rose

Oh my. We've had so many pups over the years. All rescue/pound puppies.
Currenty, we have Belle and Ranger. Black lab mixes. They're great, but the one I miss the most is Indy. Tearing up as I type this. Also a pound puppy, he had a heart defect that we didn't know about until after we adopted him. But, the vet said it was just a murmur and he would be OK.
Turns out he wasn't "OK", and we lost him. The details of that day are best left unvisited here.
Anyway, here is a pic of one of the coolest pups ever...

View attachment 108307
RIP Indy.

betty rose

I believe that animals find us, not the other way around. There's something spiritual about it.
The last little doggie that found us at the animal shelter was just being brought in, I took one look and fell in love. He was underfed and had worms and all. We immediately took him to the vet. Got him back in better shape, and was with us for 14 years even with our cancer ridden neighborhood. He was the funniest little guy, and very smart. But, I've loved all my doggies, they are so loving and giving. No questions, or judgments. Unconditional love, at it's best.:inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom