The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Mine is working fine and has been all along. I use Firefox. Just curious though, how many of you that have problems have downloaded Microsoft 10. I have no reason to make that connection, but, most of this seem since they introduced it. I don't even know if it is possible to have that affect things... just a thought. I am not an IT guy.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Mine is working fine and has been all along. I use Firefox. Just curious though, how many of you that have problems have downloaded Microsoft 10. I have no reason to make that connection, but, most of this seem since they introduced it. I don't even know if it is possible to have that affect things... just a thought. I am not an IT guy.
I think the site upgrade and windows 10 just happened to launch in a similar timeframe more than the cause of issues. Me I had issues on both safari and windows and I have not upgraded. Got me. Premium member solved most of my issues. Happy.

seahawk7

Too many cat pics and conversation so I had to put this up

b3faa56151750ef41bb0857d15532b9a.jpg
They are very cute!

donaldtoo

I blame @donaldtoo , I ate some BBQ short ribs tacos and some Arracherra meat.

I had another row of weird dreams yesterday night.. one kinda scary because it involved " feeling" and the other was just plain silliness.

The first, I was dreaming about sleeping in my room.. (kinda redundant isnt it?)
Except I felt someone rubbed my arm gently.. so I moved a bit on the side towards my wall so this someone could sit in the border of the bed.. this someone did then sit down in the border (my mother used to do this a lot to wake me up in the morning).
I felt totally lazy and just wrapped one arm on the lap and hugged. still resting most of my head weight on a pillow, but sorta clinging with that " someone" .
That someone gently pet me in the head (again very similar to what my mother used to do )

Things then start to go weird.....

This someone started to rub on my spine (my back) near the lower vertebra.. it started to worry me, because the feel changed from rubbing with fingers, to rubbing with a wet cloth. alcohol or disinfectant feeling.
Now thats where the weirdest part comes...
I turn my head and open my eyes.. and it was a darn grey alien smiling. my entire room was pretty much gone (like an illusion) and it was a lab of some sort. I was pretty sure he got me pretty hypnotized because I just groaned and said " not again man.. need sleep" . turned head again on bed and clinged on him and then I WOKE UP.

Go figure. the darn wet clot feeling.. was my other pillow that I have right in the wall. So I dont hit the wall hen I move around while sleeping. And the rubbing cold feeling, was the AC unit (having lowered the temp of one of the pillow tips with the fan) was touching me back and fort against my back.

/SPOILER]

Second dream was funny... as I was tagging along with the GHOST HUNTERS (TAPS) show crew in a house I never seen in my whole life.
The house was haunted by residual stuff... Infact, it was one of the most active "record" type haunting.
Things that happened mere years or weeks.. were repeating like ghostly apparitions... including a spider that dangled from the ceiling and almost hit me square in the face... just to notice it was translucent and untouchable.

Then the owner was at rest.. just to call us again to inform that our entire investigation was replayed 2 weeks after by the house.

Go figure.. all these dreams just because I ate some brand of cookies.

Note that I dream EVERYDAY but I do not remember all of them or they are just repetitions of things I did in the past and how I could have done better.. or silly adventures mixing games, movies..etc..

*edited for clarity*

image.jpg

;)

StarWarsGirl

I have not had issues with this site since upgrading to Windows 10. If I encounter issues, usually it's on my iPod.

You're not terribly far off. My school sent me a bunch of emails about how their services might not work with Windows 10 and warned us to have "alternative means of access". New OS's can be unpredictable. Though the issues I've had with web services since upgrading have been minimal.

The battery life on my Surface is a separate issue.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
No problem at all @ ajrwdwgirl..... 3/4 cup white granulated sugar....1/3 cup butter.... 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas, 1/4 cup buttermilk ....1 teaspoon vanilla... 1 egg.....1 1/4 cup all purpose flour....1 teaspoon baking powder....1/2 teaspoon baking soda...1/2 teaspoon salt .....1 teaspoon cinnamon....1/4 cup pecans chopped (or any nut you like). optional.....we love pecans....so that's what we use....Method.....heat oven to 350 degrees....grease and flour an 8 inch square pan. In a large bowl, beat sugar and 1/3 cup softened butter, until light and fluffy. Add mashed bananas, buttermilk, vanilla and egg; mix well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Gradually add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon : mix well. Stir in nuts (optional). Spread batter into greased and floured pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until dark golden brown, and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. *tip: to substitute for buttermilk, use 3/4 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice plus milk to make 1/4 cup. We can't use milk, so I substitute vanilla coffee mate...the liquid kind, with the white vinegar and let set a few minutes. It works great for us. Adds a stronger vanilla flavor too. High altitude above 3500 feet decrease granulated sugar to 1/2 cup. Bake as directed.
Peanut Butter Frosting.........2 Tablespoons butter......2 Tablespoons peanut butter (no nuts...smooth) 2 Tablespoons milk (in our case...vanilla liquid coffee mate)...... 1/8 teaspoon salt......2 cups confectioners' sugar (powdered) ....1/2 teaspoon vanilla......Method.....In medium mixing bowl combine butter, peanut butter, milk and salt. Microwave at 50% 1 to 2 minutes, or until mixture is bubbling. Remove. Add confectioner's sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency, adding a few drops of Milk, if necessary..... Spread over cooled cake. We love this recipe. I like using this frosting over a chocolate cake too.:hungry::happy:

Sounds good. I bought some bananas today so maybe in a few days I'll make this. Thanks!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Do you know they made a Giver movie? It's interesting. Never read the book even though I like those kind of things. Though I missed the first quarter of the movie.

Our English teacher was really upset about the Giver movie, as it is one of her favorite books to teach. She was afraid it would ruin the book for the students. The students are still really into the book when they do that unit.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
What a wonderful surprise for hubby. I've only went to Disney once for Christmas. It was so special....I'm saving extra grocery money to go one more time with the grandsons, and hubby, and DD and SIL. We all love the Christmas holidays. I haven't told anyone..

We have gone twice during the Christmas season and WDW is just gorgeous then. Since we are going in mid November we will miss the holiday storytellers and the Candlelight processional which are favorites of ours. We will be there for food and wine festival, and that will be new for us.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

So here is my Larry, Daryll, and Daryll story (but minus the Larry)....This past May at the end of the school year we took the middle schoolers on a reward field trip to an amusement park up in the Twin Cities called Valleyfair. With the amount of students we had we needed two buses. I knew one of the bus drivers and his name was Daryll, so as we are driving I am chatting with the bus driver and I ask him who the driver of the other bus is. He said, "Oh that is Daryll." I laughed a little because of course I'm thinking of the Newhart guys, and then the bus driver says, "Yeah, he is my brother." I think my jaw dropped and I said, "Really, are you joking, you are both named Daryll?" I guess it was a little rude, but two brothers named Daryll? I guess they had different moms, and they were born about 10 years apart but still.....I wanted to ask if he had a brother named Larry but I held back.

StarWarsGirl

So here is my Larry, Daryll, and Daryll story (but minus the Larry)....This past May at the end of the school year we took the middle schoolers on a reward field trip to an amusement park up in the Twin Cities called Valleyfair. With the amount of students we had we needed two buses. I knew one of the bus drivers and his name was Daryll, so as we are driving I am chatting with the bus driver and I ask him who the driver of the other bus is. He said, "Oh that is Daryll." I laughed a little because of course I'm thinking of the Newhart guys, and then the bus driver says, "Yeah, he is my brother." I think my jaw dropped and I said, "Really, are you joking, you are both named Daryll?" I guess it was a little rude, but two brothers named Daryll? I guess they had different moms, and they were born about 10 years apart but still.....I wanted to ask if he had a brother named Larry but I held back.
As a middle school teacher, what are your thoughts about this?

My brother's social studies teacher spelled hieroglyphics as hyroglyphics. And important as inportant. On instructions for their homework. Which were typed. o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom