Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

dstrawn9889

so seems that 4 points planters complete, center hub concrete complete, waiting for finish on new speaker/ light towers and show control towers, the upper two quad outside walkways and the <for lack of better term> two concession sheds.

G00fyDad

so seems that 4 points planters complete, center hub concrete complete, waiting for finish on new speaker/ light towers and show control towers, the upper two quad outside walkways and the <for lack of better term> two concession sheds.

More light towers are going up?? Can't they find a better way to hide them?

I know this is a wee bit off topic but Roy and Minnie are gone. They were there Monday night and now they aren't. I don't remember if they were there this am since I didn't think to check. See the pic as of 6pm Wed 7/1.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 153

Sonconato

I know his intent and he had built it with plans to build an improved version. He is long gone though and so is anyone who worked with him personally.

Also Walt wasn't known for being the money man in fact he was more the action guy that the money men had to keep under control. It was a good balance actually but he controlled the company. Now the money men are in control for sure.
I agree with what you mention in the second part, however, there still are people still alive that worked directly with Walt Disney himself, some of which are as follows:
  • Bob Gurr - Disney Ride Designer including Autopia, Haunted Mansion, the Disneyland Monorail, the Submarine Voyage and the Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • Rolly Crump - Artist/Animator including parts of Small World and the Sculptures for the Tiki Birds. Jeff Heimbuch actually completed a book around 2011 on Rolly Crump's life called "It's Kind of a Cute Story".
  • Marty Sklar - International Ambassador for Walt Disney Imagineering
  • Alice Davis - Costume Designer
No matter what anybody thinks or feels about Walt Disney himself, there would be no Walt Disney Parks. In fact, there might possibly be no THEME PARKS at all...just Amusement Parks.

roj2323

Some new pics from @Schmoofy on Twitter:
View attachment 99330
Looking pretty lush...keep it coming!
View attachment 99331
Trees? You want trees? I'll show you trees......

I have a feeling this is just the beginning. The west side of the hub will be getting trees to hide the back of the other food stand and either side of the new turrets should be getting trees as well to help ballance and tie the area together. Naturally the center of the hub will still be sparce but that's kinda unavoidable when the park sees as many guests as it does and disney insists upon making the castle a centerpiece for a nightly fireworks and lighting show. Time will tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom