Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

SpaceMountain75

This doesn't particularly pertain to the hub, but the scrims are down on the right side of Main Street:
image.jpg

It's hard to tell, but I think another went up down by Casey's on the left in the photo above.
image.jpg

Mike730

This is funny.... someone that apparently hasn't been wasting his or her time with eyes crazy glued to the computer monitor, sees something that they didn't realize existed, posts it and then become subject to sarcastic responses. What is the average age of most posters anyway. I was laboring under the opinion that we were pretty much all adults. Once again, I am wrong.

I'd wager the opposite, actually. Hence the "!!!11!!1!!", a common internet meme to represent sarcastic excitement (in jest of those too excited to properly hold down the shift key), about a picture of the turrets posted a million times here.
TURRETS!!!!11!!!!!
Photos from the Twitter of the website that shall not be named.

And hence more sarcastic comments about things that have been there forever...
And has that castle always been there?! Finally a new addition for WDW!

We may be all adults, but clearly we're children at heart ;)

ToTBellHop

It is the same magic they use to float giant blocks of stone over festival tents in Fantasyland. Gah :banghead:

Someday someone will realize it needs fixing. Been bugging me since 1971. :bored:
Hadn't noticed that but you're right. Those tents really just need to go. It'd be a quick fix.

wogwog

This doesn't particularly pertain to the hub, but the scrims are down on the right side of Main Street:
View attachment 99516
It's hard to tell, but I think another went up down by Casey's on the left in the photo above.
View attachment 99518
From a reliable source in the MK today Main Street is free of all scrims. Only thing left to do is put the sign back up on the corner of Uptown Jewelers and finish the support columns in front of the store. The front of the castle is another story.

Father Robinson

View attachment 99516
View attachment 99518
The photo of the flag folding is from circa 2013. The giveaway is not only the scrim on the left, but the lampposts have not yet been refurbed with the new bucket speakers in town square, which happened in late 2013-early 2014. You can see one of them in the bottom picture. It's the same lamppost that's on the right in the top picture.

valenrandy

Saturday morning the Main Street scrims were down. They must have done them overnight as when we left at 3:30am Saturday Morning they were there but when we were back for our LTT lunch ressie they were down.

SpaceMountain75

The photo of the flag folding is from circa 2013. The giveaway is not only the scrim on the left, but the lampposts have not yet been refurbed with the new bucket speakers in town square, which happened in late 2013-early 2014. You can see one of them in the bottom picture. It's the same lamppost that's on the right in the top picture.
Solid detective work! Bravo.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I hate to be a downer, but haven't they refurbished all the buildings at least twice in the last five years? It sure seems like it.
So people complain when Disney doesn't refurb something, and now you're complaining that they refurb too much?!?!?!?? I guess they can't win with you guys. :oops: Main Street is one of the first thing that guests see, and they obviously want it to look good. I hope they keep it up.

SpaceMountain75

So people complain when Disney doesn't refurb something, and now you're complaining that they refurb too much?!?!?!?? I guess they can't win with you guys. :oops: Main Street is one of the first thing that guests see, and they obviously want it to look good. I hope they keep it up.
100% agree. I feel the same way about the castle and really anything that goes under refurbishment. I'd so much rather have whatever's being refurbished be closed and being restored than open and decaying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom