Silly tip to beat the summer heat at Disney

Disnee4Me

We made lunch reservations at full service restaurants anywhere from 1 to 2, and that's how we got out of the hot sun. Then after we ate, we'd do a little shopping, browse around to kill some more time out of the sun. By the time everyone was getting ready to eat dinner, we'd still be full and hit the rides again. And of course we'd also go to some of the indoor rides during that time, to just stay out of the wicked heat.

EpcoTim

Absolute best thing for sun coverage is to bring one of those large outdoor table umbrellas and tie it to the stroller. Serious lifesaver right there and provides shade even on the most open walkways.

Chef Mickey

It's not that hot. Most people that complain about the heat have never exercised a day in their lives.

I exercise so hard that I'm much hotter when I'm exercising than when I'm strolling around Epcot. Drinking enough water is mandatory, but being in decent physical shape is a game changer.

BuddyThomas

It's not that hot. Most people that complain about the heat have never exercised a day in their lives.

I exercise so hard that I'm much hotter when I'm exercising than when I'm strolling around Epcot. Drinking enough water is mandatory, but being in decent physical shape is a game changer.
Eh, I'm not sure that has a lot to do with it. I'm in the gym busting my butt every day too and it still felt like strolling through an oven set on full broil in September 2013 to me. I blame the oppressive humidity more than anything. Going back a week from today. Hopefully it won't be that bad but I'm not holding my breath.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Eh, I'm not sure that has a lot to do with it. I'm in the gym busting my butt every day too and it still felt like strolling through an oven set on full broil in September 2013 to me. I blame the oppressive humidity more than anything. Going back a week from today. Hopefully it won't be that bad but I'm not holding my breath.

Buddy, I was just down there last week, and it got very hot and humid in the afternoons. Mornings up to midday weren't too bad, but I had to retreat indoors for at least 3 hours every afternoon. The heat gave me headaches, and yes, I was drinking plenty of water. Evenings after 6 p.m. were much better. Best advice is to just pace yourself and keep hydrated, if you're out during the hottest parts of the afternoon.

By the way, hope you have an enjoyable trip!

BuddyThomas

Buddy, I was just down there last week, and it got very hot and humid in the afternoons. Mornings up to midday weren't too bad, but I had to retreat indoors for at least 3 hours every afternoon. The heat gave me headaches, and yes, I was drinking plenty of water. Evenings after 6 p.m. were much better. Best advice is to just pace yourself and keep hydrated, if you're out during the hottest parts of the afternoon.

By the way, hope you have an enjoyable trip!
Thanks! And thanks for the tip. I'll definitely be following your pattern.
:)

betty rose

When we go, we do rope drop. Take afternoons back at the room to shower and read or nap. This seems to work for us. We have grade school grand kids. So, our options is June through the first week Aug. We had to start doing that plan, as least for Grandma and Grandpa. :happy:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
It's not that hot. Most people that complain about the heat have never exercised a day in their lives.Drinking enough water is mandatory, but being in decent physical shape is a game changer.

Correct, which is why I show up in Orlando a year before the vacation and run 18-47 miles each afternoon. Usually, by the time my family shows up, they are able to work in visitation time with yours truly whilst the IV is delivering life giving calories and pain killers in the air conditioned ER. Which, is another way to beat the heat.

Chef Mickey

Correct, which is why I show up in Orlando a year before the vacation and run 18-47 miles each afternoon. Usually, by the time my family shows up, they are able to work in visitation time with yours truly whilst the IV is delivering life giving calories and pain killers in the air conditioned ER. Which, is another way to beat the heat.
Your problem is, the magic number is 50 miles. Once you break through that barrier, you don't even need water anymore.

jloucks

IT'S MID JUNE IN ORLANDO. ITS 95 DEGREES, WITH THE HUMDITY AT 110%. YOU GOT THERE AT ROPE DROP, AND IT WASNT SO BAD...BUT NOW IT'S 1PM, AND THE HEAT IS BEARING DOWN ON YOU. YOUR MISERABLE...YOUR KIDS ARE FUSSING.....THIS MIDAY SUN IS UNBEARABLE. YOUR EXAUSTED.

BUT WHENS THE LAST TIME YOU DRANK SOME WATER? I NOTICED THIS SO MUCH THE LAST TIME WE VISTED ORLANDO (WE WENT TO THE SEAWORLD PARKS). PARENTS AND KIDS SIPPING ON SODA, NO WATER IN SITE. YOUR BODY IS GOING THROUGH LIQUID FROM SWEATING SO MUCH THAT YOU ALMOST NEED A CONSTANT SUPPLY OF WATER TO KEEP HYDRATED.. ESPECIALLY IF YOUR NOT USED TO THE BRUTAL FLORIDA SUN. YOU WILL FEEL SO MUCH BETTER, AS WILL YOUR CHILDREN. YOU WILL HAVE THAT EXTRA PEP IN YOUR STEP. WHY? BECAUSE YOU DRANK YOUR WATER. DRINK UP!
2kbJv.jpg

That being said, water needs to be much more conveniently available. Universal has little water machines all over the place. WDW could stand to adopt this idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom