AVATAR land construction progress

G00fyDad

When you go through the turnstiles, should the floating mountains be in your field of view? It seems like it would be too far off to the left? However, walking up to the ticket area, it should be quite obvious.

Sorry. I should have been more clear. By competing for skyline, I meant from outside of the park. Maybe that is just my thing though. :D

HauntedMansionFLA

According to the concept models, this shouldn't even be the highest point. Actually, that's not even close to the highest point.
Curious, when did they stop the evening EMH's at DAK? I remember going there in early September and the park starting to take a different feeling when it started to get dark - in a cool way :) another thought, do you think the park would stay open till midnight on New Years Eve.

Clamman73

Does anyone remember (or have quick links to the photos) where all you could see the sight-line balloons from? That will probably be a good indicator.
I believe this was the pic.
image.jpg

P_Radden

But from that view it will probably just look like some rock work with foliage on it, it really shouldn't stand out that much.

I really look forward to awesome rock work & foliage on this entire project, including the back side that faces you as you arrive on bus. Maybe even throw in a water fall coming off the back of one of the rocks like they do in the front. That would be a huge boost to guest excitement as you arrive to the park. And at night, accent it all with cool lighting or luminescent foliage in areas

WDWtraveler

When you go through the turnstiles, should the floating mountains be in your field of view? It seems like it would be too far off to the left? However, walking up to the ticket area, it should be quite obvious.

At the Animal Kingdom turnstiles, the existing buildings and trees to the left towards Pandora are too tall and obscure any structures at Pandora. "Walking up to the ticket area" would be the same. In my opinion, the existing trees on the left from the tram unloading area to the ticket entrance are just too tall to be able to see any of Pandora. The line of sight doesn't allow Pandora to be viewed. Even now, from these vantage points, you can't see the construction cranes.

However, you WILL be able to see the top of the simulator building and the floating mountains from the Animal Kingdom road entrance and most of the parking lot. Similar to viewing the top of Expedition Everest (EE). You can see EE from the road and the parking lot, but you can't see EE from the turnstiles or ticket entrance. It's all about line of sight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom