The Creator Games!: An Imagineering Competition- Discussion Thread

JokersWild

I'm pretty satisfied with my project. There's a bit more I would have liked to do with it that I just didn't have to time write up (actual show, especially,) but I'm generally pretty happy. It's certainly not the best thing I've done, but it's certainly one of the better things I've done since SA.

Also, @IDInstitute, I agree with the facade. It doesn't quite fit, but I suppose that was intentional to some degree. I wanted it to stick out and look a little less elegant and upbeat as the other buildings in Tomorrowland. I do totally understand your critiques though in that respect.

RMichael21

Nice concept. Here’s some feedback: The integration of Guardians of the Galaxy is a good thought for Tomorrowland. The story is really well put together and the presentation is very thorough and detailed. Was some of that original artwork? The gift shop is great as well. The visuals are helpful. Here are some things to improve on: With a lot of detail, sometimes you can run the risk of contradiction. For instance ride length and hourly capacity. At one point it says the ride is 10 mins, but in the statistics section it says 12 mins. Also, are you using two theaters? If the main show area only holds 100 guests per show, how can the max capacity per show be 250 guests? These are minor things but it takes the reader out of focus. Nevertheless, great project!

To be honest, that was me rushing at the last minute. I had to leave a few minutes after I posted my project, so I was making last minute adjustments and I guess I forgot to fix that part. Oh well!

And on the satisfied part, I feel that I did a good job, but that I could have put more detail/art. But, I had a crazy week, so I feel that I did well with the time that I had. :)

tcool

@tcool

A great presentation. Here’s some feedback: The style of the presentation was very well done. Each segment was organized efficiently and seemed very professional. There were a lot of good ideas in here, and the décor/theater descriptions were awesome. Also, the script was quite funny. A few things to improve on: The plot is a bit confusing, which might derive from a lack of understanding of the source material. Is this a Stitch concept or something novel? Because there were Stitch items throughout the show, but the show seemed to be about something else. A background paragraph or two describing Mistoria and what the ride was going to be about could have definitely helped. In addition, just check for grammar/syntax in some cases so it’s easier for the reader to follow. Other than that, it was very well done!

Not a Stitch concept at all. They is an entirely new story that takes place in the same time. The Stitch reference was simply there for a nod similar to how Skippy was looking at the X-S home page on his computer.

I actually had a backstory, but couldn't find it anywhere. It was a lot, but basically Mistoria is a an eccentric middle aged woman wearing over the top hats. She is widely known for her creation of life and robotics. She was actually the creator of Skippy and T.O.M 9000 along with Pyra. The ride was Professor Mistoria was hiring new security to view Pyra.

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

@IDInstitute, I appreciate the kind words but I think you're being waaaay too kind on my story. That was definitely the big weak point for me. I can think of about a dozen plot holes in that thing off the top of my head that I would have liked to have ironed out (to tell you the truth...I literally FORGOT about the conflict with the three-headed pterodactyl and wrote in Abigail defeating it with a laser at the last minute :p ) but yea it was fun coming up with something completely original, with brand new characters and everything. Given more time I would have definitely fleshed out the Butterfly Corporation as well as give more ramifications for traveling through time, but it turned out alright I guess.

As for the image thing, the honest problem I had was that I couldn't think of a way to pull images off of Google or something that would accurately represent my project. I could have thrown in a picture of the pteradactyls from Jurassic World which gave me the idea to use that creature as the primary "dinosaur", but I mean...I highly doubt I could have found a picture of Hendrix playing guitar with a lion levitating over him (though with Hendrix you never know ;) And that "Star Spangled Banner" scene is definitely my favorite part of the project just so I can say I worked Hendrix playing Star Spangled Banner into an Armchair Imagineering concept :p )

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
@IDInstitute, I appreciate the kind words but I think you're being waaaay too kind on my story. That was definitely the big weak point for me. I can think of about a dozen plot holes in that thing off the top of my head that I would have liked to have ironed out (to tell you the truth...I literally FORGOT about the conflict with the three-headed pterodactyl and wrote in Abigail defeating it with a laser at the last minute :p ) but yea it was fun coming up with something completely original, with brand new characters and everything. Given more time I would have definitely fleshed out the Butterfly Corporation as well as give more ramifications for traveling through time, but it turned out alright I guess.
Yeah, there were a few things, but I didn't think there were any major problems. I think you did a good job overall!

spacemt354

Chili's
Not to be that guy, but might I ask why I was ranked dead last? I mean...I know that my project wasn't quite complete, but it seemed as though you were receptive to it in your critique. At least more so than some other projects. Not trying to be a sore loser, nor am I saying it wasn't deserved. I'm just curious, really.
All projects were very good, and the only reason that they are placed into a ranked order was for the next Session challenge. So if you're ranked at the bottom and feel you shouldn't be don't worry, because it doesn't put you at a disadvantage in the next challenge.

In regards to your project, it would have definitely been much higher in the standings if it was complete. I think the general consensus was projects that were complete, even if a somewhat incomplete project was very good, deserved the spot above it. Honestly, I feel like when you posted it was being rushed it made the incomplete ending more apparent when IDI and myself were reading them. But as I said before, it's not putting you at a disadvantage.

spacemt354

Chili's
When can we expect to see the next project? I have to head out soon and I want to know how long I have to wait. ;):D
It's almost ready.... Just doing some finishing touches!
Just an fyi, IDI will be back in a bit. We like to go over the Session post and edit/proofread before we post it so if you're waiting for it, I would check back in an hour or so;)

It will be posted tonight though!

JokersWild

All projects were very good, and the only reason that they are placed into a ranked order was for the next Session challenge. So if you're ranked at the bottom and feel you shouldn't be don't worry, because it doesn't put you at a disadvantage in the next challenge.

In regards to your project, it would have definitely been much higher in the standings if it was complete. I think the general consensus was projects that were complete, even if a somewhat incomplete project was very good, deserved the spot above it. Honestly, I feel like when you posted it was being rushed it made the incomplete ending more apparent when IDI and myself were reading them. But as I said before, it's not putting you at a disadvantage.
Cool. That makes total sense. I was mainly just curious. Thanks for the response.

jdmdisney99

@MonorailRed
When you realize you're posting on the main thread...
tumblr_llrnijJQyO1qk7sjzo1_500.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom