The Creator Games!: An Imagineering Competition- Discussion Thread

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Also, just so everyone knows, those edits that I made were just formatting fixes and trying to recover the images that didn't seem to be working. ;)
;)
It's fine though because it's before the due time.

But, just for contestants to keep in mind for the future- It's ok to make edits as long as it's before the due time, but we try to do reviews as soon as possible so there's no guarantee that we will see them.

jdmdisney99

BTW the obviously awesome allusion to XS-Tech is obviously awesome.
seize-the-future.jpg

Voxel

President of Progress City
I have one concern to the use of Guardians of the Galaxy, it's an extremely popular IP and will bring alot of guest to ride. The popularity isn't the problem though its the number of riders. On an Average day the Magic Kingdom sees 50,000 people, so a theater that runs only 2280 people an hour would be need to run 22 hours a day for every guest to ride it once. While I love the ride ideas and agree for the Need if Guardians of the Galaxy, I think it's too popular of an IP to get such a small footprint/rideability (Yes I just made up the word rideability) attraction.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
I have one concern to the use of Guardians of the Galaxy, it's an extremely popular IP and will bring alot of guest to ride. The popularity isn't the problem though its the number of riders. On an Average day the Magic Kingdom sees 50,000 people, so a theater that runs only 2280 people an hour would be need to run 22 hours a day for every guest to ride it once. While I love the ride ideas and agree for the Need if Guardians of the Galaxy, I think it's too popular of an IP to get such a small footprint/rideability (Yes I just made up the world rideability) attraction.
That's why I see Frozen in Norway having 2+ hour wait times. The hourly capacity, even when they expand it for a extra show scene or two, is still not going to be good.

It's become Disney's tendency to try and shoehorn the most popular stuff into the smallest footprints. Perhaps that means GotG projects are the most realistic of them all!:joyfull:

Matt7187

I have one concern to the use of Guardians of the Galaxy, it's an extremely popular IP and will bring alot of guest to ride. The popularity isn't the problem though its the number of riders. On an Average day the Magic Kingdom sees 50,000 people, so a theater that runs only 2280 people an hour would be need to run 22 hours a day for every guest to ride it once. While I love the ride ideas and agree for the Need if Guardians of the Galaxy, I think it's too popular of an IP to get such a small footprint/rideability (Yes I just made up the word rideability) attraction.
But then people will be forced to come back to the park another day, spend $100+ on tickets, and even more on overpriced food and merchandise! Hahaha, that is something Disney would do for sure now!:p

MCParradox

iaGL0qQ.png
-Treasure-Planet-PS2-_.jpg

I'm not the only who thinks that B.E.N and B.E.N-E look similar right? (I feel like I may be the only one)

I can confirm. BEN-E was inspired in part by B.E.N (Treasure Planet is one of my favourite Disney films), with elements thrown in from Rex, the original pilot from Star Tours, SIR, and even Wall-E. My friend actually came up with the name BEN-E as a combination of B.E.N and Wall-E, I used it as a working name for the robot, and as I couldn't think of anything better, I stuck with it.

Flippin'Flounder

I'm REAAAAALLY not satisfied with my project... The only thing I kind of like about it are the fourth wall jokes ("I guess the line for Buzz Lightyear was too long...")
I actually thought yours was really good. I also am not completely satisfied, I was hoping to have Theater 2 be 20K, but couldn't find out how to make it a submarine, and ended up running out of time anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom