New high-tech guest laundry machines rolled out at Walt Disney World Resort hotels

NelsonRD

Thanks for slowing down my work email and internet to let you know your clothes are done. If there was only some kind of timer on these machines that would let people know when to come back.... But I guess on vacation, I really need to know when the wash cycle is complete and the rinse cycle is about to start. Another reason to take my eyes off my girls enjoying Disney World to dig my face in the phone I guess.

ItlngrlBella

I'm just a pushover for domestication tech. ;)
Thanks for slowing down my work email and internet to let you know your clothes are done. If there was only some kind of timer on these machines that would let people know when to come back.... But I guess on vacation, I really need to know when the wash cycle is complete and the rinse cycle is about to start. Another reason to take my eyes off my girls enjoying Disney World to dig my face in the phone I guess.

Seriously though, it seems that he majority of people that do laundry, do it at the resorts at night after kids are in bed or settled-in or if they have very young children and they are back at the resort for a mid-day break/nap.

...at least that is what I've observed/striking up conversations with the other Moms who are hanging out in the laundry room. I'd rather be able to hang out in the room with our kids and go when I know the laundry is ready vs. running back and forth/waiting it out.

mm121

looks a little clunky but not a bad idea, this tech has been around for awhile though.

agree with the person above that magic band integration would of added the cool factor, if laundry ever can be cool

they should probably advertise the mobile website more as that's what people would most likely be using on vacation

m.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

the mobile website has the option to sign up for text alerts

not seeing that option on the desktop version just a 3D photo of the laundry rooms

ToTBellHop

Very cool. We usually do laundry once during a vacation, and it can be a lot of back-and-forth to the laundry room. Plus, no more need to have cash!

Did the prices go up to pay for this?

BJones82

Wow really lol? You are finding a way to get mad about this? And btw complaining about slowing down your email and then complaining people will look at this instead of their kids is a little hypocritical... You are complaining you can't load a 10kb work email as fast as before but you're also complaining people are looking at this while in Disney lol? Also this makes it easier for people to be willing to spend the time while laundry is going with their family as opposed to in the laundry room because they're worried it will finish earlier than the initial estimate...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom