The Creator Games!: An Imagineering Competition- Discussion Thread

englanddg

One Little Spark...
They do have IP/Rights issues with the IDEA line. That's why it was really big when Lego got the Licensing deal with the BBC
These are the two sets that they are being based on:
1108469079713579368.png

I'm excited to see what actually comes out.
Well, the issue with Dr. Who IP is that much of the IP is actually owned by third parties (e.g. the Daleks), not the BBC.

I've never quite understood how the BBC couldn't leverage their way around that (who says no to a check with enough zeros at the end?)...and lately with the stuff that's been happening (merch and toys, as well as the Paramount co-development in the UK)...it seems that they have.

I'm still a bit miffed that Paramount got that deal instead of Disney ponying up to the table.

One Mouse to rule them all...and in the theme parks, bind them.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Well, the issue with Dr. Who IP is that much of the IP is actually owned by third parties (e.g. the Daleks), not the BBC.

I've never quite understood how the BBC couldn't leverage their way around that (who says no to a check with enough zeros at the end?)...and lately with the stuff that's been happening (merch and toys, as well as the Paramount co-development in the UK)...it seems that they have.

I'm still a bit miffed that Paramount got that deal instead of Disney ponying up to the table.

One Mouse to rule them all...and in the theme parks, bind them.
I'm miffed about it to, but based on the the blueprints and images it seems to be a good mix of what Uni has been doing with screens and what Disney has been up lately, I'm interested in seeing how weather effects that park

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm miffed about it to, but based on the the blueprints and images it seems to be a good mix of what Uni has been doing with screens and what Disney has been up lately, I'm interested in seeing how weather effects that park
I'm more interested to see how they handle the environment. Do they do it "studios style" or do they take a queue from the more recent stuff that Universal has been turning out?

Voxel

I'm more interested to see how they handle the environment. Do they do it "studios style" or do they take a queue from the more recent stuff that Universal has been turning out?
Based on what I have initially seen I'm leaning towards the Universal style approach lately. But it's too early to tell.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Based on what I have initially seen I'm leaning towards the Universal style approach lately. But it's too early to tell.
Paramount isn't really known for immersive environments in their theme parks. Though, from what I've seen of it, the Star Trek Experience turned out pretty well...

That said, iirc, the organization is different in Europe, they just sold off their US parks. I could be mistaken.

Voxel

Paramount isn't really known for immersive environments in their theme parks. Though, from what I've seen of it, the Star Trek Experience turned out pretty well...

That said, iirc, the organization is different in Europe, they just sold off their US parks. I could be mistaken.
Paramont hasn't held a US Park since... 2007 I think when they allowed Ceder Fair to buy them. I will say one thing, Cedar Fair sure runs a theme park a lot better then Paramont, though I do miss the Hurler actually being themed to Waynes World.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Paramont hasn't held a US Park since... 2007 I think when they allowed Ceder Fair to buy them. I will say one thing, Cedar Fair sure runs a theme park a lot better then Paramont, though I do miss the Hurler actually being themed to Waynes World.
I don't recall the buyout year, but that sounds about right.

I remember reading about it at the time...I don't think they sold off their foreign operations though. I am not sure if the foreign operations were ever up under the CBS management like the US parks were...

Hrm...

Voxel

I don't recall the buyout year, but that sounds about right.

I remember reading about it at the time...I don't think they sold off their foreign operations though. I am not sure if the foreign operations were ever up under the CBS management like the US parks were...

Hrm...
I'm not to sure, King's Dominion under went some many operation changes that I can't remember them all.

Voxel

Something about the Star Wars theme that makes me wanna sing along as loudly and obnoxiously as possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom