Disney to Reveal Ambitious Star Wars Plans

bhg469

If they put th same ride in multiple MK I would not bash them. If they put the same ride with the just a different face Spider-Man and transformers everyone in here would be calling them out for it. It is funny though universal does this and they are the best. Blows my mind
It would not be bashed because it's widely regarded as one of the best rides/ride systems ever created. I would love disney to make a ride that was that good and have that fantastic of a queue.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If they put th same ride in multiple MK I would not bash them. If they put the same ride with the just a different face Spider-Man and transformers everyone in here would be calling them out for it. It is funny though universal does this and they are the best. Blows my mind

If that is all Uni had done, then I bet a lot of people would be calling them out on it. The work Uni has been doing in the parks has been pretty balanced, major new additions with cutting edge E-Ticket attractions (Potter 1 & 2), a clone of an attraction from other parks (Transformers), re-themed attractions (Despicable Me), and minor place-making enhancements (Simpsons), updates to existing rides (Spiderman).

Mouse_Trap

An E Ticket, including demoing an existing theater, in 11 months in the center of an operating theme park is a feat. And it is a solid attraction.

Not to mention that was whilst building Diagonal Alley and the Simpsons land. We're they doing DE: MM also at the same time?

You did every non Potter ride in both parks in 4 hours?

I think you may be exaggerating a bit.

I think they way be exaggerating quite a bit too, either that or they skipped the water rides and went all commando style.

I would also point out to them that it was possible to do all the WDW rides in about twice as long -. Can't remember who it was,but there was a video of their challenge. I dare say that if they'd had the equivalent of express pass for almost every ride and not had to waste time crossing back and forth between lands and parks, they would have been done a whole lot faster - probably well within 12 hours.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You do know Spiderman and Transformers are totally different aside from ride system right?

May as well say Haunted Mansion is identical to Arials Undersea Adventures.

Until WDW starts producing cutting edge E Tickets again it will be called out for it. The last one was 1994.

Martiyoman

You do know Spiderman and Transformers are totally different aside from ride system right?

Until WDW starts producing cutting edge E Tickets again it will be called out for it. The last one was 1994.
Assuming you're referring to ToT? That was '94, right? Depending on your definition of cutting edge, I'd say 2007 wasn't a bad year. Still too long to be without one, but...

Marlins1

Rode Transformers and Gringotts for the first time last September - they both felt like repeats to me. Hogwarts was much more unique and impressive.

bhg469

Rode Transformers and Gringotts for the first time last September - they both felt like repeats to me. Hogwarts was much more unique and impressive.
Gringotts ride system is sooooooooooo different than transformers. If anything it's a very sophisticated mix between the mummy and spiderman, and that's putting it very simply... thosr are also 3 attractions that are lightyears beyond anything disney had built as well.

bhg469

So the most expensive roller coaster in history and the tallest mountain of any Disney resort doesn't count as an E ticket? It might not be your favorite, but I fail to see how you can overlook it.

Regardless, it's ridiculously long overdue.
The single most important effect is and has been broken for longer than its been open And has no signs it will ever work again.

Marlins1

But it is a roller coaster with good scenery - in my opinion that makes it better than almost any screen based ride. I have only been wowed twice by screen based rides - first time on Soarin' and first time on Spider-Man. However I do agree that WDW has been ridiculously slow on new ride development since Everest.

RSoxNo1

*1998. Kilimanjaro Safaris is cutting edge. An argument should also be made for Everest in 2006, despite the Yeti.

RSoxNo1

Gringotts ride system is sooooooooooo different than transformers. If anything it's a very sophisticated mix between the mummy and spiderman, and that's putting it very simply... thosr are also 3 attractions that are lightyears beyond anything disney had built as well.
The problem is that Gringotts ride system, while different than Spiderman/Transformers feels very similar. As the 3rd screen based motion simulator type attraction it does feel repetitive. It doesn't make it a bad ride, but it falls behind Spiderman and Forbidden Journey for me.

khale1970

They might be different except for the ride system, but in my first UNI visit last year I thought Spidey was the best ride I've ever been on and wouldn't place Transformers in the top 10. Maybe I'd feel different if I rode it before Spidey, but the ride system was what made it great so Transformers seemed almost a clone.

And yeah, no excuse for WDW not doing anything to even try to match Spidey.

Marlins1

They might be different except for the ride system, but in my first UNI visit last year I thought Spidey was the best ride I've ever been on and wouldn't place Transformers in the top 10. Maybe I'd feel different if I rode it before Spidey, but the ride system was what made it great so Transformers seemed almost a clone.

And yeah, no excuse for WDW not doing anything to even try to match Spidey.

bhg469

The problem is that Gringotts ride system, while different than Spiderman/Transformers feels very similar. As the 3rd screen based motion simulator type attraction it does feel repetitive. It doesn't make it a bad ride, but it falls behind Spiderman and Forbidden Journey for me.
I honestly don't get where you could say it feels at all similar. You definitely feel real motion, sure there are projected scenes but the thing with spiderman is most of it is simulated, while Gringotts has significant movement on every axis.

I can't feel like it'd 75% mummy 15% spiderman and 10% very unique experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom