Condor Flats becoming Grizzly Peak Airfield

TP2000

More photos of the aggressive Condor Flats demolition from this past weekend, just before those six giant palms were cut down...

DSC_3219-L.jpg

DSC_3226-L.jpg

Thank goodness Paul Pressler didn't re-route the original 1961 Monorail track when he built DCA. A rare example of Paul Pressler's cheap and visionless leadership style working out for the best 15 years later! :cool:

Photos from the latest and always enjoyable Dateline Disneyland update. http://micechat.com/92286-disneyland-gets-ready-for-60/

EPCOTCenterLover

Count me in as someone who really liked Condor Flats when DCA 1.0 opened. Especially at night with the blue airstrip lights. But I can't wait of the reworking of the area.

TP2000

Wow, they tore that huge Soarin' sign off the building and dumped it like an old pizza box. They're serious with this one.

Dateline Disneyland got a better photo of the dismantled sign late this weekend also.
DSC_5928-L.jpg

More photos taken on Friday from a speeding Monorail train for Monday's Dateline Disneyland.
DSC_5092-L.jpg

DSC_5100-L.jpg

DSC_5105-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Sage of Time

Kinda surprised that this wasn't discussed at the 60th launch... seeing they have all this information up at the WALLS to the place... Sheesh.

nemofinder22

Incase you missed it from MiceAge-
plus the expensive 4K conversion of Soarin’ Over California and Grizzly Peak Airfield. Those things were originally to be announced on January 28th, with additional information fleshed out for the local fan bloggers at multiple Q&A sessions that night; like the plan to remake Taste Pilots Grill into a new restaurant called Smoke Jumpers Grill with a 1940’s theme and a dance floor made for swing dancing.

loveglobe

Thank you all for the photo updates - it's cool to see the progress as it goes along!

I didn't mind Condor Flats though I agree it wasn't the most interesting area of the park. While I can see why they want to "plus" it and I welcome the upgrade, I also think DHS is in far more desperate need for re-imagineering. Not to highjack this thread, but is it just me or is that park just so so sad?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom