Condor Flats becoming Grizzly Peak Airfield

Californian Elitist

nothing much yet...from Mint Crocodile

i-RwNZ9Pk-M.png

They just started, so I wouldn't expect to see many changes.

Figments Friend

The new film for *Soarin* is likely to have several new scenes, if not all new.
*Soarin Over The Horizon* is what it is being called for Shanghai Disneyland*s version of the Attraction
If i am remembering correctly, the brand new version of the *Soarin* film is supposed to open there first and then make it*s way to DCA.
I am assuming after that it will make it*s way over to Epcot on the East Coast eventually.

The new digital projection system will make for a finer picture grade and make the original film look better then ever.
As i understand it, the new projection system will be installed but the new version of the film will not come to the US until after Shanghai opens.
Considering how behind schedule SDL is, i cannot help but wonder if the new film will be shown at DCA sooner then originally intended.
Would be awesome if it was introduced as part of the 60th Anniversary celebration.
I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Regardless, i*m looking forward to seeing what new scenes and experiences might be included in the new film.
Should be great, but here*s hoping they keep Jerry Goldsmith*s fabulous original score for the Attraction!

Last edited:

kibia16

Original Poster
Major demolation work has now started in Condor Flats with some noticeable changes.

Photos by Mint Crocodile on 1/16/15:

The "Cool your Jets" soda stand and Rocket Mister have gone to yesterland with the structures being demolished. Also removed are the blue light poles leading up to the entrance of Soarin and a majority of the concrete has been broken up in preparation for removal.

Before:
soarin-over-california.jpg

After:
i-26hjrhM-O.png

i-h3f5Jr7-O.png

Other work that can be seen is the clean out of the merchandise and props from the Fly n Buy:

Untitled.jpg

Also the facade of the taste pilots grill has been ripped off the building:

i-vxrSdpR-O.png

i-qsWMSrH-O.png

Stay tuned for more progress as we get closer to summer 2015.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom