Disney has distributed 10million MagicBands to guests

Rob562

Can we talk about the entry points and how they're not at a convenient height for adults or kids? They're at a convenient height for 12 year olds and that's about it.

My first guess is that they're at some pre-determined ADA-compliant height...

-Rob

Sped2424

I heard that the magic bands battery will die eventually, now for passholders does that mean they send you a new one? Or do you have to pay for a replacement.

JasonDeyoung

I heard that the magic bands battery will die eventually, now for passholders does that mean they send you a new one? Or do you have to pay for a replacement.
You get a new one when you renew your pass and the battery life I've heard is around 3 years as well

Cosmic Commando

But then there goes the profit from the premium, limited edition ones you can buy!
This IS a business you know! LoL
Personally, if they gave me an option to pay $15 extra to get a Figment band or special bands for my kids before I arrive,I would strongly consider it. The bands cost them money that they're building into room/AP rates, so knock some money off of the fancy bands for those people if they "upgrade". Open edition ones, at least.

But once I've checked in and my whole family has (hopefully!) functioning bands already in-hand? Not a chance I'd pay that super-inflated price, the same price someone would pay walking in off the street with a ticket from the TTC ticket booth.

MissM

I renewed my pass this year :eek: and I didn't get a new band. But if it's three years I should be fine.
When you renew your AP there should be a new "order" in your profile on the website. You have to click the order, customize the band(s) and then finalize the order. They won't ship them automatically without you selecting the color and name.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
When you renew your AP there should be a new "order" in your profile on the website. You have to click the order, customize the band(s) and then finalize the order. They won't ship them automatically without you selecting the color and name.

I did this and got the bands with sliders in about 5 days.

Monorail_Red_77

I don't remember on the passholder bands. I always customize them right away But, when you stay at a resort on property you have a time limit to customize your bands. In the customize section they give you a specific date to complete your customization by. If not they ship you generic ones, I assume. I'll have to remember to check when I customize my next annual passholder bands in March.

MagicHappens1971

The band will not die in 3 years. The battery, the battery is not the chip and only utilizes it for certain things, some of them being automatic photo linking and "tracking".

Rob562

Also note that even if the internal battery dies, the Band will still work indefinitely for all tap-to-use functions like park entry, FP+, PhotoPass photos linked at the monitors, room charge, Test Track design station, etc.

The only things that will stop working when the battery dies are the long-range functions like automatic PhotoPass photo linking and other not-yet-implemented interactive elements. (And for the tinfoil-hat crowd, a dead MagicBand battery also means that any alleged long-range tracking system can't follow your every move)

-Rob

Sped2424

Also note that even if the internal battery dies, the Band will still work indefinitely for all tap-to-use functions like park entry, FP+, PhotoPass photos linked at the monitors, room charge, Test Track design station, etc.

The only things that will stop working when the battery dies are the long-range functions like automatic PhotoPass photo linking and other not-yet-implemented interactive elements. (And for the tinfoil-hat crowd, a dead MagicBand battery also means that any alleged long-range tracking system can't follow your every move)

-Rob
Huh now that is some interesting stuff. So just long range features die off when the battery goes out.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Okay, so I am using a old Magic Band and I get into the park. How do I know the battery has not gone bad so the band will work with long range photo pass. I would hate to not get photos from the rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom