The Spirited Back Nine ...

the.dreamfinder

January is usually a movie wasteland and this looks like a movie that deserves to be released in January.
I was hoping this would be a gem, apparently I thought wrong. Like @Tahu I was hoping this would be some like Labrynth or a family friendly Rocky Horror. I know it's not fair to judge a film based on one trailer, but if what's there are the highlights... I dunno.

Goofyernmost

The keyword is "Balance".
If you complain 99% of the time.. then you could easily be labelled as a hater just for the sake of hate.

In the other hand, if you have to find excuses to every thing disney does wrong for the visitors and inflate mediocre things to ridiculous levels.. then you can be easily labelled as pixie duster.
They may be easily labeled as haters or pixie dusters, but they are both incorrect. No one should be labeled anything other then people with differing opinions. As soon as someone labels people they have shown that they feel superior to those that have a differing opinion. And that is whether they are always negative or always positive.

Labeling is nothing more then cyber bullying. The concept is if you embarrass someone enough by calling them names they will stop thinking for themselves and take up the mantel of whomever is doing the labeling. Points can be made without trying to belittle others into either being quiet or agreeing with their individual stand.

There is plenty of room on either end of the argument for massive error in our own judgements. The proof is usually in the pudding. Nothing that Disney has done, whether we like it or not, up to this point, cost them anything significant. Who the hell are we to decide who is right and who is wrong without seeing some consequence to those actions. If we are all that smart why haven't we all made a killing in the stock market. Surely we all have the ability to cut through the BS and know exactly what is happening, don't we?

So what does that leave us. It leaves us with a group of people with differing opinions that may or may not prove to be correct. Only time will tell.

Last edited:

Matt7187

So, there have been murmurs on twitter of surveys being sent out by Universal asking that theme they would prefer for a new show. I may or may not be signed up for alerts, so I'm not sure if I wil get it or not. I know for sure that 2 of the properties were wicked and a Wild West show. Did anyone get the survey? What were the other choices?

TalkingHead

So, there have been murmurs on twitter of surveys being sent out by Universal asking that theme they would prefer for a new show. I may or may not be signed up for alerts, so I'm not sure if I wil get it or not. I know for sure that 2 of the properties were wicked and a Wild West show. Did anyone get the survey? What were the other choices?

America's Got Talent was one. Sharknado: The Musical was another choice. Really!

dhall

As a Foreigner, This is something never understood of the american culture.
Why would they give trophies and recognition to everyone?
I still scratch my head when there was some state official, pushing for change on the red pen color to purple.
Because writing in red a big fat "F" in exams and evaluations, somehow "distressed" the students.
Of course they should be distressed! they failed!!!
Instead of focusing on what's important (improve education, correct the problems of the failing students). they just toss the "lol, lets blame the pen color!" :hilarious:

Many of us don't really understand it, either.

Cesar R M

They may be easily labeled as haters or pixie dusters, but they are both incorrect. No one should be labeled anything other then people with differing opinions. As soon as someone labels people they have shown that they feel superior to those that have a differing opinion. And that is whether they are always negative or always positive.

Labeling is nothing more then cyber bullying. The concept is if you embarrass someone enough by calling them names they will stop thinking for themselves and take up the mantel of whomever is doing the labeling. Points can be made without trying to belittle others into either being quiet or agreeing with their individual stand.

There is plenty of room on either end of the argument for massive error in our own judgements. The proof is usually in the pudding. Nothing that Disney has done, whether we like it or not, up to this point, cost them anything significant. Who the hell are we to decide who is right and who is wrong without seeing some consequence to those actions. If we are all that smart why haven't we all made a killing in the stock market. Surely we all have the ability to cut through the BS and know exactly what is happening, don't we?

So what does that leave us. It leaves us with a group of people with differing opinions that may or may not prove to be correct. Only time will tell.
:rolleyes:
you're being overreactive now.

PhotoDave219

WFTV has been doing a piece on the families suing Disney over the guest assistance card changes I believe. I didn't pay super close attention either. They love that stuff. And they had a very brief blurb on the new parking garage that opened and showed the same concept art of Disney Springs.

EDIT: Looks like someone just started a thread on it (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...y-kids-with-autism-many-more-expected.893444/), if it lasts or stays there. I thought we had one on that already.

Apparently channel 9 doesn't pay attention.

Goofyernmost

:rolleyes:
you're being overreactive now.
I don't think so at all. The cyber tendency to just be snotty to anyone because we are not face to face with others allows people to just go to their more basic instincts. Bullying whether on line or in person is just childish and as adults we should not practice it. You can call it over-reactive till the cows come home, it is still wrong and should not be practiced by people that should be old enough to know better.

Mickey_777

I hear what you're sayin'. A "genius bar" at sea doesn't really speak to me. The whole notion of this generation not knowing what it's like to be unconnected baffles me. Doesn't vacation mean to vacate (ie vacate everyday life)? Put away your phones/tablets/laptops and enjoy your cruise. Unless you gotta check on your kids at home, why would you ever want to facetime while on the lido deck of a CRUISE SHIP? Sounds like a ship built for hipsters who can't live without their devices to me.

I've sailed RCCL before and thoroughly enjoyed it. They have a great product for the most part. But I'd never sail on that cold techno ship. Robot bartenders...oh I'm sorry mixologists. My bad.

And as it relates to the parks, weren't the newer interactive queues put in place to offset people nose deep in their phones?

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I dint take all the comments as complaining. More as observations of the society we live in where something as mundane as a parking garage opening is celebrated. If it had a more satirical tone to it, that would make sense, but it seemed quite serious and they seemed quite proud. Its just silly, like when a kids soccer league doesnt keep score so there are no losers and everybody gets a trophy no matter what.
I think with the soccer example it depends on the kid's ages. If it's 4 year olds playing soccer then there is no reason to keep score and have playoffs which only reward the winners. In that case the purpose of the "league" is to teach kids the fundamentals of the sport and teach them the concepts of team work. Winning and losing comes at a later time when it's age appropriate and the kids are old enough to understand. IMHO kid's sports today are much more competitive than they were when I was a kid and they start at a way younger age.

I know it's different everywhere, but where I live the not keeping score and trophies for everyone ends around 2nd grade. They start travel teams as early as 3rd grade. By middle school a lot of coaches want kids to specialize in a sport and definitely in high school. I haven't reached this level yet since my kids are still young, but I have a few neighbors and friends who have experienced it. One 8th grade girl who was playing lacrosse in the fall and soft ball in spring was told by her lacrosse coach she had to get serious with lacrosse and quit softball to do spring lacrosse clinics if she wanted to start on the team. It gets really competitive and at a pretty young age too. I remember playing multiple sports as a kid and never having a problem with it.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I don't think it's a big deal to have a ribbon cutting or celebrate a parking garage opening. It shouldn't make the nightly news, but it's fine for a company to mark a milestone in a project. My company just had a ground breaking ceremony for the start of construction on a new corporate HQ. It was cheesy as heck with the shovels and the "fake" dig but they did get some local media attention and a few mentions in the news.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Spoken like someone who hasn't actually parked in it yet.
That doesn't sound good. Problems already?

I thought I read somewhere that they still hadn't installed the parking spot sensors that tell you how many spots are left. I really hope that's still in the plans. I still think it's a bit of a hike from this garage to the marketplace, but I guess the garage on that side will be more popular once it's done.

71jason

That doesn't sound good. Problems already?

I thought I read somewhere that they still hadn't installed the parking spot sensors that tell you how many spots are left. I really hope that's still in the plans. I still think it's a bit of a hike from this garage to the marketplace, but I guess the garage on that side will be more popular once it's done.

"Review" (for lack of a better term) up in the dedicated garage thread.

And a huge hike when they make you enter between Cirque and DQ, tho hopefully that will change soon.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
"Review" (for lack of a better term) up in the dedicated garage thread.

And a huge hike when they make you enter between Cirque and DQ, tho hopefully that will change soon.
Got it. I hadn't been in that thread in a while.

So it seems like there are some issues still. Hopefully they can work out some of the kinks over time. The open spot lights are installed but not fully working yet. I assume the square boxes on the ceiling tell you how many spots are open in that row and then the light above each spot is either green or red.

I laughed when I saw your reference to parking lot "sharks". I think you get a lot of Northeast transplants and tourists down there. Parking is a full contact sport in NJ. People will sit and wait for you to pull out of a spot even when a spot 2 or 3 down is open and they will start beeping and gesturing if you don't pull out immediately. They just don't feel that they tried hard enough if they didn't stalk out their spot. My favorite thing to do when I come out of a mall in NJ and a car is "following me" is to walk down the row next to where my car is parked and then cut over between cars to my spot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom