The Park Formerly Known as Disney's Hollywood Studios? Yep ...

jharvey

EPCOT was unique and imaginative. Walt was in charge and very much alive when that name was given to the yet undeveloped property in Florida. I believe I've seen a clip of him and his crew pushing the two models together to create it.
You've seen Marty Sklar talk about it and how he, and someone other than Walt, pushed it together.

zooey

No, I can't.

I will say, in all the talk about adding more Pixar to the a Backlot area, nobody has ever mentioned Toy Story Playland to me.
That said...it does sound exactly like something they would do...

If they bring that over I'm abandoning the east coast parks until Star Wars comes along...
My wife has been to HK DL, I've seen her videos and pics of Toy Story play land, and it's about as budget as you can get.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Rather ride focused, but still the original intention of both Studios parks in Florida was to produce content. There was the whole second Hollywood movement that died a not so glorious death.

Kind of ironic as union labor practices, associated cost structures, and taxation has driven most production out of California.

The whole "movie" industry is changing to more Silicon instigated than San Fernando Valley located.

Goofyernmost

Kind of ironic as union labor practices, associated cost structures, and taxation has driven most production out of California.

The whole "movie" industry is changing to more Silicon instigated than San Fernando Valley located.
That's it... Disney Silicon Studio's.
Dear Disney Executives, Please feel free to forward my suggestion bonus as soon as possible. Creatively yours, Goofyernmost

Soarin' Over Pgh

That's it... Disney Silicon Studio's.
Dear Disney Executives, Please feel free to forward my suggestion bonus as soon as possible. Creatively yours, Goofyernmost

After it goes through the bean counters and lawyerization, that Disney Silicon Studios will be Disney's Plasticine Salon and Adventure.

Jake Wilson

This is exactly what I have been saying! They can easily maintain the studio aspect of the park with a little TLC...even if they do change it to Disneys Hollywood Adventure, they can still keep the studio theme, having you enter various different studios within the park.

Sunset Blvd can be renamed Golden Hollywood Studios, the golden age of film.

The front section to the left should be Lucas Studios. Replace the stage show with an Indiana Jones ride and add a ton of Star Wars sets and rides.

Muppet Studios...add a dark ride and retheme mama melroses to Chefs restaurant.

Pixar Studios, using the entire backlot and cars show to expand that area and add many rides. Replace it with a better pizza planet and a new sit down restaurant with toy story characters. ( which would be a huge money maker)

Turn the animation courtyard into Disney Animation Studios an add a dark ride or 2 involving animation or even an actual Mickey Mouse dark ride.

It honestly wouldn't be that hard to do these simple things, but money seems to be the biggest issue...if I can come up with things like this, why can't people that actually work for the parks division do it?

What about a dark ride for Mickey where you go through his life in transformation stages. Watch Walt create him on the train then move to steam boat willy and continue to modern day Mickey. It could mark major changes, achievement's and all that Walt and Mickey have done separately and as a whole.

After all it was all started by a mouse...

toasty

I was actually thinking Disney Hollywood Adventure before coming into this thread. Allows it to continue to make use of the Hollywood theming that is already there, and would be in harmony with DCA out west, which is also sort of mishmash of properties that don't necessarily have a natural connection to one another.

doctornick

There are many reasons to knock DHS/MGM/DHA, but it does have a decent base of Headliner attractions, what it needs is additional attractions to round out the lineup.

Agreed. And actually they had a lot of stuff to occupy your time if you do all the shows -- because shows by their nature tend to take up a lot of time. The problem is that being show heavy makes for a poorer overall experience and much more difficult to plan for; and, let's face it, most people want to do rides in theme parks.

Which is another way of me saying that DHS is too show heavy. I get the idea of it having a greater number of shows than other theme parks, but the ratio between rides and shows needs to be significantly re-calibrated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom