PREDICT FROZEN IN EPCOT

Tom

Beta Return
Since they're closing the attraction for over a year, I predict a very major overhaul. I predict....

QUEUE: A vastly expanded queue, since the current queue has no capacity. Load will be at the same place, but they'll get rid of the theater, re-route the exit from unload with a more direct path to the gift shops, and use part of the former theater space for an expanded queue. And the queue area will be changed from looking like the inside of an office building (seriously, Norway had the most boring queue of any ride, ever) to something more thematic.

RIDE: Ride system and path will remain unchanged. They MAY replace the viking boats with something more like the PotC/iasw flat boats. Everything in the entire ride will be removed and all show scenes will be completely created from scratch. They'll use mostly still figures or animated figures, with MAYBE a couple AAs. Show scenes will be fairly elaborate though - on part with 7DMT.

M&G: I predict that either the portion of the theater not used to expand the queue will be dressed out for a permanent M&G, or they'll rework one of the several gift shop modules. And they'll work the queue for the M&G into the remaining space. OR, they'll gut the stave church and put the M&G in there, with the queue being outdoors, perhaps on the north side of the pavilion.

GIFT SHOPS: The gift shop will be significantly downsized, to probably just the last 1 or 2 sections toward the front of the pavilion.

I have no idea what they'll name it, or if Frozen will take over the entire pavilion, or just the attraction. But the above is what I think they'll do.

Tom

Beta Return
So what is the over and under on how long it takes them to start selling Maelstrom tshirts at the Frozen gift shop?

You mean like the one I got in the mail last week?

r-1407179313-MaelstromTShirt1.jpg

copcarguyp71

Overlay, interactive queue geared towards pre-teens and gift shop loaded with everything made in china that will not include much by way of ethnic and unique items.

Phonedave

I large walk in cooler.

They shut you in there for a hour - now your frozen.

In all seriousness they are going to need a MUCH longer queue, and judging by the demand, this ride is going to have to eat people like crazy - I think saying it will be an omnimover is a bit of a stretch, but it is going to need omnimover like throughput.

-dave

MonorailRed

Applebees
I large walk in cooler.

They shut you in there for a hour - now your frozen.

In all seriousness they are going to need a MUCH longer queue, and judging by the demand, this ride is going to have to eat people like crazy - I think saying it will be an omnimover is a bit of a stretch, but it is going to need omnimover like throughput.

-dave

I totally agree here.

I'll be interested on what they're going to do with the queue. I think it's going to be an interactive queue if they make it longer (Which, they have to). And they'll have to do something similar to an omnimover to get the people through….

Maybe something like the patented boat/omnimover vehicle they had in 2013….if they have time? (http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201302/3370/)

DinoInstitute

I totally agree here.

I'll be interested on what they're going to do with the queue. I think it's going to be an interactive queue if they make it longer (Which, they have to). And they'll have to do something similar to an omnimover to get the people through….

Maybe something like the patented boat/omnimover vehicle they had in 2013….if they have time? (http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201302/3370/)
That's a pretty good idea...but could that work with the drop?

Phonedave

I couldn't see why not, the word "Flume" is in this blueprint…

Flume does not mean drop - flume means a channel with water in it.

If all of the boats are connected, then by extension they must all go the same speed. You could have a drop, but it would not be a "free" drop, but rather a controlled descent - much like Spaceship Earth or the Haunted Mansion.

Now, if you had some sort of coupling and uncoupling device - such as magnets, in theory you could build a gap into the loop of cars (boats) and allow them to decouple - make a free drop, and then recouple - however that requires more safety and spacing and increases the chances of backup. The beauty of omnimover systems is that the cars cant crash into each other because they are already touching.

-dave

Sam Magic

I predict Elsa and Ana everywhere, 'Let it Go' being the queue music, dark ride-lite, children everywhere, boosted EPCOT attendance, and three hour long lines.

Oh yeah and Norway ruined.

Sam Magic

I predict the executives will be happy, the average guest pleased, and the long time fan base, or the purists, will be upset. For myself, I'll miss Maelstrom. I'll lament for the passing of EPCOT's original "mission", if you will. But, as life moves on, so will I, so I'm sure I'll take a look, stare dumbfounded at the mass of Elsa and Anna devotes, and move on.
Nah...It will be just like Fantasyland, we will love it in the end. Who knows, maybe Disney will actually care about Norway and give us a bigger pavilion and an attraction that will bring more attention to the problems facing EPCOT.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Flume does not mean drop - flume means a channel with water in it.

If all of the boats are connected, then by extension they must all go the same speed. You could have a drop, but it would not be a "free" drop, but rather a controlled descent - much like Spaceship Earth or the Haunted Mansion.

Now, if you had some sort of coupling and uncoupling device - such as magnets, in theory you could build a gap into the loop of cars (boats) and allow them to decouple - make a free drop, and then recouple - however that requires more safety and spacing and increases the chances of backup. The beauty of omnimover systems is that the cars cant crash into each other because they are already touching.

-dave

Your Right. Hmm… A controlled descent could add an extra scene to the thing… Small, but it could help.

But if they''d want a drop… I wonder if you could do a certain amount of connected boats, like… the Peoplemover. Still get a ton of people in and out…

That way, you might be able to control the drop, while still getting people through...Possibly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom