PREDICT FROZEN IN EPCOT

Sam Magic

Your Right. Hmm… A controlled descent could add an extra scene to the thing… Small, but it could help.

But if they''d want a drop… I wonder if you could do a certain amount of connected boats, like… the Peoplemover. Still get a ton of people in and out…

That way, you might be able to control the drop, while still getting people through...Possibly.
I doubt there would be a drop, what part of the story would a drop be justified?

MonorailRed

Applebees
I doubt there would be a drop, what part of the story would a drop be justified?

Frozen2.jpg

But, a drop doesn't need to be "part of the story" per say. It can also "Save guests" from a danger in the story and drop them in a new environment, or splash them into another scene. It can be a thrill before the finale scene, which is great.

But without major re-working, there has to be a drop

I totally agree with this.

DinoInstitute

Depends.

How much of the story are the Imagineers Going to tell?

Whose side of the story is going to be told?

They rarely tell the whole story in darkride, in my personal opinion. So, I think with the right layout, it could be possible.
If they are going to tell the whole story, then it is too short. I hear that it is going to be more then just a simple overlay, but I don't expect extended/reworked track really. So, I am very curious to se how this is done.

Beholder

Nah...It will be just like Fantasyland, we will love it in the end. Who knows, maybe Disney will actually care about Norway and give us a bigger pavilion and an attraction that will bring more attention to the problems facing EPCOT.

Perhaps, but if they cared about Norway, then why take the Norway out of Norway?

Sam Magic

Who doesn't?
ME
Perhaps, but if they cared about Norway, then why take the Norway out of Norway?
Because is Maelstrom really Norway? I mean yes I hate the Frozen replacement as much as the next guy, but the Maelstrom was already based on Norwegian Folklore. I would prefer a larger pavilion that draws more people into World Showcase then keeping everything as it is and gaining nothing except for the oh-so-thrilling deterioration of one of Disney's best parks.

Tom

Beta Return
I maintain my prediction that the existing flume will be used. The construction of the original ride was quite substantial, and largely concrete based. They can't demolish that ride system, install a new one, and install the new show scenes in a year. The construction of the ride/show buildings is the fastest part of any Disney project...it's the ride systems and show components that take forever (see Little Mermaid, 7DMT, etc).

Beholder

ME

Because is Maelstrom really Norway? I mean yes I hate the Frozen replacement as much as the next guy, but the Maelstrom was already based on Norwegian Folklore. I would prefer a larger pavilion that draws more people into World Showcase then keeping everything as it is and gaining nothing except for the oh-so-thrilling deterioration of one of Disney's best parks.

Then do so without once again resorting to another character overlay. Wether the ride is the greatest ever created is not the point. Wether it brings in a billion Elsa fans is not the point, the point, the problem I and others have is the lack of care/concern TDO has for the legacy of a place that is, IN MY OPINION, slowly losing it's identity. And WS isn't the problem, the front half needs the attention. Maelstrom, drawing on regional folk tales and myth, is certainly more Norwegian than Frozen will ever be.

EPCOT deserves better and Frozen deserves better and the guests/fans deserve better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom