New Be Our Guest lunch line procedure (Test?)

dadddio

Okay, but that's only part of the issue I addressed in that post. Even so, that may not be possible if all other return times are gone.
That's kind of why I gave three alternatives. If one doesn't work, you move to the second. If that one doesn't work, the third will.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
That's kind of why I gave three alternatives. If one doesn't work, you move to the second. If that one doesn't work, the third will.
Why are they offering so many different ways to get a reservation. You can applaud Disney for trying, but you should be asking why aren't they simply adding another venue? BoG is a smashing hit that is making loads of money. Why not re theme an older restaurant and actually create a solution to the high demand AND make more money at the same time? It's a win-win.

hannahs21

If your FP conflicts with the BoG time, ask for a later BoG time or swap your FP (or eat somewhere else).

When you're handed a return card, you either take it or you don't. You don't stand there and say to the CM, "Oh wait, this is for 1:55-2:05? This doesn't work for me! Can you dig through your whole stack of cards for a different return time?" Especially when there's people behind you pushing and shoving their way up to the CM to try and get one of those precious return cards. So that rules out one option.

Changing your FP+ time? You mean the reservation you had to plan out 60 days ago, waiting until the clock hit midnight so you could frantically book all the reservations and times you wanted? Now you have to change it so it fits around your lunch, parades, shows, other FP+ reservations, possible dinner reservations, and breaks at your hotel? And since it's already almost the afternoon, most of the better FP+ options are taken? Sure, that'll go over well with most people. I was definitely thrilled that our FP+ for Space Mountain was switched to Buzz Lightyear (the attraction with the longest line at the time we switched it).

Eat somewhere else? That's the most realistic option you suggest. But for some, that isn't considered as an option. Most once in a lifetime visitors have heard about BOG and want to dine there. And who can blame them? It's a beautiful restaurant, filled with lots of magical touches. It's something that just feels very "Disney", and the food isn't bad either. These guests may not read these forums. They may not read up on WDW much at all, besides what their travel agent or friends tell them. And why should they have to stalk forums and blogs just to eat at one quick service restaurant for lunch? It's not like Disney is blatantly advertising this new system. We were there the first week they were implementing this, and had absolutely no idea until we hiked back there. And especially with the amount of advertising Disney does featuring Be Our Guest, people come to the parks thinking they can just eat there for lunch, since it's listed as quick service and quick services work by standing in line.

You make it sound like it's very simple, but it's not. Have you been there and experienced the new system? If you haven't, I don't think you should be making negative remarks about other people's experiences, and making it sound like they're doing something wrong by complaining about it. It's one thing to sit at home on your computer and read about this system. It's a whole different thing to actually be there in the moment.

dadddio

It is simple.

Want a different time? Ask the CM. See what he can do for you.
If you can't change your BoG time and aren't willing to eat somewhere else, changing your FP+ selection is your only option. Ride SM at a different time, either using FP or via the SB line.

dadddio

Why are they offering so many different ways to get a reservation. You can applaud Disney for trying, but you should be asking why aren't they simply adding another venue? BoG is a smashing hit that is making loads of money. Why not re theme an older restaurant and actually create a solution to the high demand AND make more money at the same time? It's a win-win.
I'm thinking that simply retheming another restaurant and making it the next big thing is not as easy of a fix as you are making it out to be.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It is simple.

If you can't change your BoG time and aren't willing to eat somewhere else, changing your FP+ selection is your only option. Ride SM at a different time, either using FP or via the SB line.

You suggest that they could solve their problem by waiting in a standby line for Space Mountain. The same type of standby line they could wait in for BoG but no longer can. So you defend Disneys decision to remove BoG standby and when problems arise from it your solution is to wait in another standby line. Nice.

Captain Chaos

You suggest that they could solve their problem by waiting in a standby line for Space Mountain. The same type of standby line they could wait in for BoG but no longer can. So you defend Disneys decision to remove BoG standby and when problems arise from it your solution is to wait in another standby line. Nice.
Why waste time on the defenders? You cannot have a logical or serious debate with someone who isn't logical. :)

BTW, ignoring the illogical members, well, works wonders :)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I'm thinking that simply retheming another restaurant and making it the next big thing is not as easy of a fix as you are making it out to be.
Seriously? Pick a popular Disney movie, create the atmosphere of the time period in which said movie takes place, build a super cool entrance as a "weenie" to draw people in, have decent food that isnt available everywhere else park-wide, and let the O-town bloggers and mommy brigade hype it up.

Lets use Winnie the Pooh and friends as an example. Design a restaurant themed like the hundred acre woods and you enter through a big door in a tree. Create an environment with Owel and Piglets house. Have Poohs thoughtful spot and a little black rain cloud area with thunder effects. Make the food unique and have some type of cool effect or item ala the rose in BoG or the lifesize music box and your done. Im just spit balling but Im sure people would line up for it. I would.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I know someone who used to do just that. His name was Walt. In fact, that is why they have trash cans spaced at not more than 27 paces from each other: because Walt would watch how far, on average, that guests would walk with trash, such as a candy wrappers, before throwing them on the ground for lack of a trash can.

They really need to do this from time to time.

Funny, as I was wandering through the Halloween display in the Emporium last night after the parade, I almost ran over, not into, but over, Mr. Tom Staggs with other corporates. Interesting. Perhaps he read my mind....

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just got back from WDW 3 hours ago. The "sorry, guest, but you are SOL if you wanted to eat lunch at BOG" sign Gabe provided a picture of was out when we walked by before noon on Sunday. CMs were telling people that they might get a seat if someone was a no-show but no guarantee. Fortunately, I'd managed to get a FP+ for lunch and our reservation was there when we checked in at the kiosk on the bridge. When you are taken inside the restaurant, there are two lines - one for those who pre-ordered and one for those who didn't. However, as many previously said, our pre-orders were NOT in the system, in spite of the CM telling my daughter that yes, the problem they experienced in the past was no longer an issue. I showed the CM at the register the screen shot I took of our order, just to prove I did pre-order. So save yourself the bother and just get a time since you will just have to submit your order again. The nice thing about them losing our order was the ability to add desserts...

We found a table in the West Wing. However, it took several looks of our order slip by one of the "managers" for our lunch to find us. We've eaten lunch at BOG several times and this is the first time staff had a problem finding us. The restaurant wasn't as packed as it's been in the past - demonstrated by the ability to get a table in the West Wing with a 1:10PM time. So I cannot say that the new procedure is handling the crowd any better - I think it has reduced the number of MK guests eating lunch at BOG.

CDavid

It is simple.

Of course, if Be Our Guest weren't utilizing such a strange, overly complex, and completely irrational system to reserve tables - for lunch at a counter service, fast-food restaurant - then none of your suggestions would be necessary. This whole mistaken concept of 'return times' has created more problems than it purports to solve.

Yes, the solution really could be that simple. Now, that said, I do not doubt that internal politics and agendas within TDO would make it more complicated than it need be. While a real issue, that's a different topic altogether.

Something Frozen would work wonders. But you're partially right - there could be a problem; It might prove more popular than Be Our Guest.

Wait, so is this horrid procedure permanent now? If it's a test, it sure is a long one!

Weeks ago @dadddio , among others, said this was only a test. Well, when does the nonsense end? Serious question, and there are people planning trips that really need to know - but does anyone?

tribbleorlfl

This introduces a needlessly complicated extra-step which does nothing to address the real problem - lack of counter service dining capacity in the Magic Kingdom, partially due to the number of shuttered, seasonal, or under utilized restaurants.
I've said this earlier in this thread, but MK is not lacking in QS dining, nor is a perceived lack of QS dining responsible for the long lines and high demand BOG receives. Now, if you were to say MK lacks TS options (hence turning Tortuga into temporary buffet restaurant during peak) or comparable, highly-immersive, iconic themed QS locations to draw away some of BOG's demand, then I'd agree with you.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
If your FP conflicts with the BoG time, ask for a later BoG time or swap your FP (or eat somewhere else).

Oh that does not seem like a simpler vacation like Disney promised DME would make guests vacations. Just keeps becoming more convoluted. All the jockeying around isn't quick or great service.

Can you imagine if anyone else pulled this? Go to McD's and they give you a time you can come back into their fast food establishment? Or put out a sign, we are at capacity for today. -Thank you.-

Mike S

Oh that does not seem like a simpler vacation like Disney promised DME would make guests vacations. Just keeps becoming more convoluted. All the jockeying around isn't quick or great service.

Can you imagine if anyone else pulled this? Go to McD's and they give you a time you can come back into their fast food establishment? Or put out a sign, we are at capacity for today. -Thank you.-
and have a magical day.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Just got back from WDW 3 hours ago. The "sorry, guest, but you are SOL if you wanted to eat lunch at BOG" sign Gabe provided a picture of was out when we walked by before noon on Sunday. CMs were telling people that they might get a seat if someone was a no-show but no guarantee. Fortunately, I'd managed to get a FP+ for lunch and our reservation was there when we checked in at the kiosk on the bridge. When you are taken inside the restaurant, there are two lines - one for those who pre-ordered and one for those who didn't. However, as many previously said, our pre-orders were NOT in the system, in spite of the CM telling my daughter that yes, the problem they experienced in the past was no longer an issue. I showed the CM at the register the screen shot I took of our order, just to prove I did pre-order. So save yourself the bother and just get a time since you will just have to submit your order again. The nice thing about them losing our order was the ability to add desserts...

We found a table in the West Wing. However, it took several looks of our order slip by one of the "managers" for our lunch to find us. We've eaten lunch at BOG several times and this is the first time staff had a problem finding us. The restaurant wasn't as packed as it's been in the past - demonstrated by the ability to get a table in the West Wing with a 1:10PM time. So I cannot say that the new procedure is handling the crowd any better - I think it has reduced the number of MK guests eating lunch at BOG.

Thanks for the update!

roj2323

I've said this earlier in this thread, but MK is not lacking in QS dining, nor is a perceived lack of QS dining responsible for the long lines and high demand BOG receives. Now, if you were to say MK lacks TS options (hence turning Tortuga into temporary buffet restaurant during peak) or comparable, highly-immersive, iconic themed QS locations to draw away some of BOG's demand, then I'd agree with you.

The current problem with most of the quick serve locations is the food tastes and looks like food served in a high school cafeteria and yet it is twice as expensive as cafeteria prices. Going to BOG on the other hand, you get a unique menu with food that looks just as good as it tastes for nearly the same price as the other quick serve locations. Personally, I'd be ok with not having the atmosphere of BOG and going to another quick serve location if the food didn't taste and look like cardboard.

Next Big Thing

MBs don't get push notifications, or any other kind of notifications.
Which is absolutely stupid. They have a system set up, they have an app. Why not, if you absolutely must do this for BOG, scan a Magic band and then it will automatically show up on the app that you have a reserved lunch seating at said time and then send a push notification 15-20 minutes out from your seating. I just don't see why something like that isn't currently being done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom