Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Every bit of the yeti and his mechanism can be removed from its position and out the maintenance doors in the mountain.

Naturally, any foundation that is set in cement would be more difficult.
There is a tool for that. :D

Electric-Jack-Hammer.jpg

Nick Wilde

So what really makes up the Yeti? I've read that the Mountain, Ride Supports and Yeti are all 3 independent structures. Meaning the track system is not in any way connected to the mountain and the Yeti is not connected to the mountain. To me and this is my own speculation is that the Yeti is connected to it's own foundation within the mountain. Does this mean the Yeti is really 3 parts, Yeti, Sled/Boom/Arm and foundation? Did the Yeti itself go in last or all 3 pieces of the Yeti. Would it be safe to say that the Yeti is not trapped but maybe the Yeti's foundation is trapped in the mountain? Maybe the sled is trapped in the mountain? Maybe nothing at all is trapped in the mountain? I guess what I'm getting at is what is the Yeti's Arm/Boom/Sled connected to and is it OK?
I thought that the reason it hasn't been fixed is because it the mountain would be in the way, so that you can't actually take the yeti out without "removing" the mountain.

Ralphlaw

So we've been denied the Yeti for years, spewed mass venom to Disney, and speculated thousands of posts everywhere, just because a big chunk of metal has cracks AND the metal can be replaced fairly easily without a major shutdown AND it was all a squabble about busted inter-departmental/inter-segmental budgets? If this is not a sign of embedded dysfunction, I don't know what is. Seriously, when bureaucratic squabbles paralyze visible parts of a company, there's a lack of top down leadership.

Lambast me if you must, but I don't see how that would've been allowed under Walt or Roy or (take a deep breath here) Eisner. Hopefully Iger is changing the company dynamic. I know it's a complex problem involving independent entities, but a strong leader could cut through such a jungle of red tape and get it done. Again, I hope Iger is doing just that.

tongaloosh

I know absolutely zero the significance of them other than the well placed 7 and 4 on the labeling.
They reside right about here where guests see them all day long. I just happened to see them my last visit and was amazed to recognize them.

View attachment 62561

But enough of this, they aren't part of the Yeti's problem at all.

I can't believe how many times I've looked at that photo and never made the 7 and 4 connection!

Thanks for clearing that mystery up for me.

floam

Be weary of information you get from "Cast Members". CM's are usually not kept in the loop when it comes to any major decisions. I hate to disappoint you, but there is currently no work being done with regards to a permanent fix. Yeti is in an indefinite holding pattern. Yeti's structural engineering was so poor, that there really isn't much that can be done to correct it at this point. The choices on the table vary from bad to worse. Shy of building a completely new figure, which I cant imagine the park would fork over the cash to build, there isn't going to be anything done with Yeti for a long time to come, if ever. Yeti's arm and hand, also hang over the ride path. While this may have been acceptable design back when the Everest project was designed, Disney no longer wants any animation directly over any ride path. Another reason why there is no push to get Yeti moving again!

Goofyernmost

Be weary of information you get from "Cast Members". CM's are usually not kept in the loop when it comes to any major decisions. I hate to disappoint you, but there is currently no work being done with regards to a permanent fix. Yeti is in an indefinite holding pattern. Yeti's structural engineering was so poor, that there really isn't much that can be done to correct it at this point. The choices on the table vary from bad to worse. Shy of building a completely new figure, which I cant imagine the park would fork over the cash to build, there isn't going to be anything done with Yeti for a long time to come, if ever. Yeti's arm and hand, also hang over the ride path. While this may have been acceptable design back when the Everest project was designed, Disney no longer wants any animation directly over any ride path. Another reason why there is no push to get Yeti moving again!
Be wary of any information that you get that cannot be verified, that post included. It may be 100% correct, and logically, it does make sense, but, I think that it is, as said, still in limbo with nothing happening at this point at all.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

So Disney's going to continue to operate a broken ride because Iger is too cheap to fix it. Way to build a legacy, Bobby!

BTW, the failure of the yeti is the reason I have no idea why some people worship Joe Rohdes...the yeti was HIS baby, right? Who the hell built the thing so poorly anyway? Garner Holt?

Monorail_Orange

For a confirmation, what I'd really like is a nice flash photo of where the yeti is supposed to be. if there's nothing there, that's confirmation. A picture says a thousand words.
So pictures or it's not gonna happen? In this case, you're being ridiculous. I believe tikiman, (he's proven numerous times to be reliable and credible) and others who have indicated this could be happening. There will be nothing to take a picture of until the ride is closed and work has commenced.

Nick Wilde

So pictures or it's not gonna happen? In this case, you're being ridiculous. I believe tikiman, (he's proven numerous times to be reliable and credible) and others who have indicated this could be happening. There will be nothing to take a picture of until the ride is closed and work has commenced.
I understand, but I don't think I'm being ridiculous. If the yeti really has been removed, then take a picture of where he usually stands with no yeti. It's really not that hard. I'd go and do it if I could.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom