Why does Disney hate foreigners?

harryk

I handle export shipping for my company and the costs are extremely high. Items (products) require not just postage or freight charges they also require customs documentations (regardless of who pays for them) and this takes lots of time. You don't just slap a stamp on it. Much paperwork is required - it is not inexpensive.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I handle export shipping for my company and the costs are extremely high. Items (products) require not just postage or freight charges they also require customs documentations (regardless of who pays for them) and this takes lots of time. You don't just slap a stamp on it. Much paperwork is required - it is not inexpensive.
Businesses spend on advertising all the time. Disney invests considerable time and money advertising specifically to Canadians and Brits [I have no doubt they advertise extensively in at least Brazil if not the rest of South America]. They have made a conscious decision to exclude certain things from their marketing in foreign markets while spending significant monies on other things. There is no doubt cost is a factor in that decision, but costs can be mitigated or justified. I'm suggesting the company should review their decision.

You company obviously has chosen to do export shipping and have factored the costs into your business model. I don't know whether you have international marketing as part of your business plan, but if you do there are some costs that are absorbed as a "cost of doing business" and some that are directly billed to clients. Any business has the capacity to do the same should they choose to.

Last edited:

Obi

it's because canada dropped justin b upon the world... makes me wish legolas/will turner knocked him out... LOL...
but canada did give Rush to the world.. so, that is something... :)

ok, in all seriousness, that sucks that things like shipping is outrageous. i'm not sure if canada gets the same deals on trips to wdw like other countries get that they do not offer domestically.?.?

BigTxEars

Disney does not hate foreigners...they just love money waayyyyyyy more than they do you!

Juggle_cheap_cs_20080625172105.jpg

Ironically when the money is yours they desperately want it and for some reason we have no problem forking it over and making sacrifices in our own personal lives to be able to afford it but when it comes to reciprocation that money they feel comes to you so easily magically becomes more difficult to part with....funny how that equation works.

As Disney as a for profit company loving money and wanting more of ours is different from any other for profit company how? You make them sound like they are unique in their desire to save money where they can and get more from us when they can. That is every single for profit business in the world....at least every successful one :)

Lets flame this baby up......

At least at Disney when I stay at a Disney resort I don't have to pay $15 per right to park my car....looking at you Universal....but Uni at least hits everyone regardless of nationality with their money grab parking fees I guess....:confused:

See greed is universal :) in the theme park business :greedy:

sophie_the_pooh

Being canadian (french canadian, can you imagine!!!), I've never felt "hate" from Disney, but it would be nice to have the Magicbands shipped in advance or be able to have a Disney visa card...

On a related subject, wasn't there a Canada scene in IASW with hockey players and a moose? We rode it at least 3 times on our last visit and never saw it...Am I mistaking this with IASW in DLP or was it removed ? (another proof of canadian discrimination...!!!;))

The Empress Lilly

Being canadian (french canadian, can you imagine!!!), I've never felt "hate" from Disney, but it would be nice to have the Magicbands shipped in advance or be able to have a Disney visa card...

On a related subject, wasn't there a Canada scene in IASW with hockey players and a moose? We rode it at least 3 times on our last visit and never saw it...Am I mistaking this with IASW in DLP or was it removed ? (another proof of canadian discrimination...!!!;))
Easy to mix up, but I'm fairly certain I remember DLP has your ice hockey and a moose. I guess Paris loves Québec, unlike the Americans - who hate the rest of the world!!!

Goofyernmost

I cannot speak for @JenniferS, but I don't hold that against you at all. Well, maybe a little since my X was from Point Claire, otherwise we're OK.

Although it is quite possible that the scene that you mentioned is in IASW, I don't remember ever seeing it. That, of course, means nothing since there are a lot of things that I never notice.

lunchbox1175

I'm curious, are there benefits that foreigners get that we here in the states don't. I feel like I read a thread that stated the dining plan is cheaper as well as being able to book your packages earlier than we can here.

cw1982

I'm curious, are there benefits that foreigners get that we here in the states don't. I feel like I read a thread that stated the dining plan is cheaper as well as being able to book your packages earlier than we can here.

That's what I think I read as well.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I believe UK guests can get bookings earlier and perhaps there are special deals on meal plans. I know they have access to longer tickets, 14- and 21-day tickets that are good for that many consecutive days.

Canadians don't get that... :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom