Why does Disney hate foreigners?

copcarguyp71

As Disney as a for profit company loving money and wanting more of ours is different from any other for profit company how? You make them sound like they are unique in their desire to save money where they can and get more from us when they can. That is every single for profit business in the world....at least every successful one :)

Lets flame this baby up......

At least at Disney when I stay at a Disney resort I don't have to pay $15 per right to park my car....looking at you Universal....but Uni at least hits everyone regardless of nationality with their money grab parking fees I guess....:confused:

See greed is universal :) in the theme park business :greedy:

But is it so unreasonable to expect a fair return on your spent dollar or even equal treatment for foreigners? I think not. Additionally I do not remember seeing anywhere that I said only Disney acts this way. However, in the family fun and entertainment business I do believe there are different standards we expect from our dollar spent than say other things. Never been to Uni so your flaming bears zero effect on me nor any applicability to my comment.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Hey, you guys want everything. You already have a Queen and a very long, if not distorted, line of Princes and real Princesses. We don't have any of that. (unless you count rock stars and diva's)
We took in Justin Bieber. That's more then enough sacrifice.
I've said it before - The Biebs left here, a cute kid with a quirky haircut.

He turned into a twerp on your soil, under the tutelage of Usher et al., so YOU keep him.

Or ... send him back the way he was.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm curious, are there benefits that foreigners get that we here in the states don't. I feel like I read a thread that stated the dining plan is cheaper as well as being able to book your packages earlier than we can here.
Yes. UK guests would be the most glaring example. They can book 14-21 day tickets (10 is the max for the rest of us). They can also combine promotions making it not uncommon for them to get free dining AND a room discount.

There is of course a reason for this. Guests from the UK tend to stay for 2-3 weeks and they spend money like it is water when they are here. In many cases, Disney could darn near let them stay for free and still turn a profit.

Jo DeVil

Yes. UK guests would be the most glaring example. They can book 14-21 day tickets (10 is the max for the rest of us). They can also combine promotions making it not uncommon for them to get free dining AND a room discount.

There is of course a reason for this. Guests from the UK tend to stay for 2-3 weeks and they spend money like it is water when they are here. In many cases, Disney could darn near let them stay for free and still turn a profit.

We come every other year and for Me, DH & DS 10 to stay in a Deluxe Disney Hotel for 14 nights with 14 day tickets, no dining plan and economy flights and hire car would cost in the region of $15000. After over the last 3 visits costing so much is why we joined DVC (1 bed) We still come for at least 14 nights, I don't have to fly economy and we do the DDDP and get an AP's. And yes we spend money like water!!!
BUT I STILL WANT MY FREEBIES!!!!!! They could give me the USB stick when I check in and get my MagicBands. MS have told me I will get my DVC and AP slider when I get my Magicbands. YEAH!!

WDWVolFan

Shipping costs these days are extremely expensive, Fuel is a big question mark and the air freight market is increasing thanks to Just in Time Inventory Models as well as Tech companies who just buy capacity at a premium for their launches.
Then one might say, why don't you ship via Ocean?
Well...to Europe it would take between 20-30 days for the package to get to you and to Asia? about 45 days. Australia? Close to 60...

IWantMyMagicBand

We come every other year and for Me, DH & DS 10 to stay in a Deluxe Disney Hotel for 14 nights with 14 day tickets, no dining plan and economy flights and hire car would cost in the region of $15000. After over the last 3 visits costing so much is why we joined DVC (1 bed) We still come for at least 14 nights, I don't have to fly economy and we do the DDDP and get an AP's. And yes we spend money like water!!!
BUT I STILL WANT MY FREEBIES!!!!!! They could give me the USB stick when I check in and get my MagicBands. MS have told me I will get my DVC and AP slider when I get my Magicbands. YEAH!!
Last time we stayed onsite (OKW, 6 of us) it cost us, with economy flights, over £20,000. We did get the free DDP and also 35% discount. Yet it still costs that much.
This time we are staying offsite but even our passes alone are costing us £1700 ish. We'll be eating onsite as it's too much hassle to drive offsite. We'll be paying for parking.

Anyway, when we visited in 2012 we ordered from Photopass. I chose a photo album as a free gift. It bumped the delivery charge up but for a park-exclusive product I didn't mind. I don't get how Disney can send a paid product with free product, yet not do the same for APs? Wasn't the Magic Band shipping thing to do with RFID chips or something?
I've signed up with Borderfree, they have shipping deals with American stores. I wish they would include Disneystore as the .com site is so much better than .co.uk.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Shipping costs these days are extremely expensive, Fuel is a big question mark and the air freight market is increasing thanks to Just in Time Inventory Models as well as Tech companies who just buy capacity at a premium for their launches.
Then one might say, why don't you ship via Ocean?
Well...to Europe it would take between 20-30 days for the package to get to you and to Asia? about 45 days. Australia? Close to 60...
Most out-of-country visitors book well in advance of the 60-day mark. I have a total of six trips to WDW this calendar year. All booked well outside the 180-day mark. So slower shipping times would be less of an issue than you might think. The cancellation window would be a risk, but given that my bookings are invariably room-only, they would have the risk regardless of shipping times. In 14 years and 40+ trips, I've never cancelled a trip once I booked rooms.

As I said in an earlier post, getting the ticket media for my F&W seminar reservations today by Express Interational overnight delivery via Fedex is a ridiculous waste of money. Use that same money to ship everything they ship now by slower means and they can ship swag within the same cost envelope. Even if they decide that that's too much of a risk, delivering some of the stuff on an AP holders' next visit could be an option. All they would need is an email notice that they should visit GR on their next visit, present the email and collect "X" as Disney's gift to them for their patronage.

It's also kinda stupid if there are regulations that say they can't ship the RFID across borders but they can give it to me when I'm there and let me take it home with me and use it on future trips. I have RFID room keys, Magic Bands and AP hard tickets that travel back and forth quite a lot.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I've said it before - The Biebs left here, a cute kid with a quirky haircut.

He turned into a twerp on your soil, under the tutelage of Usher et al., so YOU keep him.

Or ... send him back the way he was.
Doesn't it bother you folks at all that lurking just below the surface of all the Canadian politeness and friendliness might harbor a "Justin Bieber" just waiting to be set free by a different location? I'm starting to think that all that niceness is just a coverup to ease us into a false sense of security. If we let our guard down just a little bit, we could have "The Mounties" all over this country. Then we will be forced to drink, dare I say it, Molsons!:in pain: Oh, the humanity!:jawdrop:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
What is Poutine ??
:eek:

Oh, you poor, deprived American...

The world's most perfect food and you know nothing of it? Canada needs to annex your country and immediately revamp and improve your food services vindustry and education system! :cautious:

;)

Poutine:

Poutine.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Doesn't it bother you folks at all that lurking just below the surface of all the Canadian politeness and friendliness might harbor a "Justin Bieber" just waiting to be set free by a different location? I'm starting to think that all that niceness is just a coverup to ease us into a false sense of security. If we let our guard down just a little bit, we could have "The Mounties" all over this country. Then we will be forced to drink, dare I say it, Molsons!:in pain: Oh, the humanity!:jawdrop:
I don't drink, but even I know Molson's kicks Coor's butt every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
My answer was better! ;)
I don't eat much poutine, as I prefer my "chips" with malt vinegar (English mum), but the general consensus is that KFC has the best poutine of any of the chains. Probably because they have the best gravy!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I don't eat much poutine, as I prefer my "chips" with malt vinegar (English mum), but the general consensus is that KFC has the best poutine of any of the chains. Probably because they have the best gravy!
KFC's poutine is at best passable, but the real stuff isn't at chains. Locally-owned and operated chip trucks are the best source. The closer you get to the backwoods of Quebec, the better the quality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom