Is Stitch's Great Escape as bad as everyone says it is?

DisneyGigi

Both AE & SGE are equally as boring, the first featured an alien that was supposed to be scary yet wasn't. Stitch is at least a bit scary with that gross Chili dog burp. ;)

tare

Yes as in good, or yes as in bad?
The original post was
I have never been on it, because people have not praised it very well, and there has always been other things that have distracted me there anyways. Is it as bad as people say it is?
So my answer is YES

5thGenTexan

I like SGE more than Laugh Floor, which is also VASTLY inferior to Timekeeper that it replaced. Buzz's is OK. The Speedway should have been retired years ago. CoP either needs a bunch of money or smothered in it's sleep. Space is still really cool though. Space and the TTA are the only things in Tomorrowland that I usually do.

That said, if you are past your 10th trip to WDW and are active on a WDW message board, you should probably experience every attraction at WDW at least once.

I find it interesting in this thread and similar threads. People sing the praises of Alien Encounter over Stitch as if it was the only attraction to occupy the space before SGE. I have fond memories of Mission to Mars, If You Had Wings /If You Could Fly, American Journeys. As a 10 year old I enjoyed all that Tommowland had to offer in the mid 80's. There was nothing boring in my eyes then. Of course back then many people "didn't get out as much" and the novelty of those attractions was a great wonder.

I wish it was then, now.

DManRightHere

I have never been on it, because people have not praised it very well, and there has always been other things that have distracted me there anyways. Is it as bad as people say it is?

The animatronics are great if they are working correctly. In may one of the arm guns wasn't quite 100%. I'll give them that praise.

BrianV

We enjoy this show, as do our kids. I wouldn't wait in a long line or fast pass it, mostly because it is not needed. My kids love Stitch so any chance to see him up close is fun. I never did make it to Alien Encounter. So I cannot compare. We can debate whether you could use the space for something better, but if they took it out, likely it would just be another princess meet and greet.

That said, one of my favorite shows of all time was the Tiki Room and I was so happy when they eliminated Iago and returned it to a similar show to what was there in the 70's!!! If, like someone above, you didn't like the Tiki Room, then all bets are off because we clearly have different tastes.

I too never did AE as I was always too young to see it before it was closed so I really can't judge Stitch against that. I was a bit antsy the first time on Stitch because I just wasn't sure what to expect but that quickly passed. I'm glad I did it at least once just because but I wouldn't do it again, it's not that great at all.

Goofyernmost

First rule of internet participation... Nothing is ever as bad as it is made out to be in these discussions. I like Stitch, I liked AE, I liked Mission to Mars. They all were entertaining and had their good and bad points. Never go by someone elses word for things. See them yourself and make your own judgements. Many people have a problem with having one of their favorites replaced by something else and will nitpick to death everything that follows. Go see it, you might like it. It's like nothing else at WDW. Not necessarily the best thing at WDW, but it does have some entertaining parts.

psukardi

Both AE & SGE are equally as boring, the first featured an alien that was supposed to be scary yet wasn't. Stitch is at least a bit scary with that gross Chili dog burp. ;)

Scary enough for all the HOA & PTA moms to throw a fit and get the ride ban-hammered

JillC LI

You either love it or you hate it. As others said, you can try it once, and then you never have to do it again if you don't want to.

From reading these posts, it seems more like you either hate it or you find it "okay." Some people "don't mind" it and a few others even "like" it, but I don't think anyone has said they "love" it.

I have fond memories of Mission to Mars, If You Had Wings /If You Could Fly, American Journeys.

Did If You Had Wings occupy the space that Stitch is in now? I did not get to go to WDW between the ages of 8 and 38, but I've been back many times since then. I have the most wonderful childhood memories of If You Had Wings. I somehow thought it was where Buzz is, not Stitch.

rct247

lt looks cool, but just has an awful story that leaves you expecting more.

Think of it as stepping into a brand new corvette expecting it to take you somewhere, but all you experience is the air conditioning and that radio playing sound effects as if you are taking a joy ride.

Wikkler

I'm ok with Stitch... and the Tiki Birds, but we sat through Country Bears on our January trip... now of all the things in WDW, we found the Jamboree... un-bearable.

1C2986DB5621C9E3BE48D0B4427B_h416_w622_m2_q80_chlNasCSo.jpg
Not sure if I should like for the pun, or not like because you hate CBJ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom