Pick a Resort to stay and no Parks to play

If you had to stay at a resort for 3 nights, with no visits to any WDW parks which would you choose?

• Total voters

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I picked Wilderness Lodge. The resort is beautiful, you can take a boat over to the Contemporary to see the fireworks and ride the monorail around or watch the Electric Water pageant. I also like POFQ, again for the boat rides on the Sassagoula, Scat cats and the beautiful resort.
If money wasn't a consideration, I might pick Beach Club or the Boardwalk Inn.

wonderstruck

I voted Poly, although I'll admit it's at least partially because I've never stayed there and have always wanted to! But it would be nice to hang out on the beach and see Wishes, hop on the monorail or boat to visit the other resorts (mainly for food reasons and the California Grill) or take the monorail to Epcot and then trek over to the Boardwalk area.

HouCuseChickie

While it's not my fave resort, I'd stay at AKL. It's so well themed and not in view of any of the parks that you really feel like you're getting away and not at Disney. There's also a lot to do there and great dining options.

Kuzcotopia

WL is my home, but if I couldn't go to the parks, it's BC. The pool and the eats. Doesn't feel like Disney to me, but if I can't go to the parks, then it's not really a disney trip.

Scott10

Beach Club for me. I have never stayed there, but if parks are not an option, then I could see myself not getting into a vehicle for the entire time and just taking in the pool and all the action at the boardwalk. Plus I would love to frequent Beaches and Cream whenever I choose!!!:hungry:

jlsHouston

Come on - Saratoga. Think about it:
- it's a good distance away from the parks. So no looking out the window and thinking "I'm a short walk or boat ride away from MK (or Epcot or DHS)." Lessens the temptation
-Halfway decent food court and sit down restaurant on site, but better than that, walking distance to Downtown Disney and all of their restaurants, to say nothing of all the shopping you can do since you're not going to the parks
-Also being close to DtD, meaning you're close to Cirque (which you now have time to go see), and catching a flick and dinner at AMC's Dine-In theater, and bowling a few at Splitsville.
-2 main pools on site, plus a couple of quiet pools
-onsite spa, you now have time for a spa day
-being close to DtD, you're walking distance from a bus stop that can take you to any other Disney resort, in case you want to resort hop or have reservations for a meal elsewhere.

No-brainer, dudes.

You said it better than me...did 5 days at SSR in a studio this past May...really enjoyed it.

JIMINYCR

Contemporary... Without going in the park I'd need something to replace the rides I'd be missing. So I'd ride the elevators up & down the tower.. thats 15 floors of fun. Tiring of that I'd jump on the escalator & rides up down. Hop on the monorail for a spin around the block.
A health club on the 3rd floor to work off my frustrations knowing I will be so close but unable to visit any parks. Theres plenty of shops and great restaurants to visit and spend my Disney gift cards. Arcade to play games. TV in the lobby to watch classic Disney cartoons. Observation deck to sit on to be thrilled by the fireworks at night at MK.
Swim in 2 pools. Take advantage of the Marina for boating & parasailing. Electrical light parade at night on Bay Lake.
Not exactly what I'd want in a Disney trip, but I can make it work. ;)

NiarrNDisney

My vote goes to the Boardwalk since there is so much to do in the surrounding area not to mention many restaurants to fill any craving.

VoiceGuy07

Why? Theres better hotel resorts with better facilities beyond Disney. Youre paying for location, no parks no Disney hotel. And thats from someone who SSR excluded actually likes the hotels.

Intrigued…where do you stay offsite? We're doing the Disney Cruise next summer and will probably stop by Universal for a day or two and are struggling with where to stay. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Intrigued…where do you stay offsite? We're doing the Disney Cruise next summer and will probably stop by Universal for a day or two and are struggling with where to stay. Would love to hear your thoughts!

At Universal I would personally stay at the Hard Rock, my eldest prefers the neighbour hotels, for Express privileges and the HRH happens to fit my tastes. I couldnt recommend anywhere in Orlando currently as I haven't been for over 3 years, I took my vacation money and headed west, but there are several hotel resorts that are popular on other websites in both the Lake area and International Drive.
A friend of mine stayed at the Hyatt Regency a few weeks back and loved it, he was cruising too. Someone I work with is at the Omni currently, but Im not sure that appeals to me. Carribe Royal and The Renaissance appear frequently in posts as does the Marriot complex near Lake Bryan.

If i were choosing an offsite hotel its first criteria would be location. But then I do only go to Orlando to visit theme parks and always have a car.

VoiceGuy07

At Universal I would personally stay at the Hard Rock, my eldest prefers the neighbour hotels, for Express privileges and the HRH happens to fit my tastes. I couldnt recommend anywhere in Orlando currently as I haven't been for over 3 years, I took my vacation money and headed west, but there are several hotel resorts that are popular on other websites in both the Lake area and International Drive.
A friend of mine stayed at the Hyatt Regency a few weeks back and loved it, he was cruising too. Someone I work with is at the Omni currently, but Im not sure that appeals to me. Carribe Royal and The Renaissance appear frequently in posts as does the Marriot complex near Lake Bryan.

If i were choosing an offsite hotel its first criteria would be location. But then I do only go to Orlando to visit theme parks and always have a car.

Thanks, Pumbas Nakasak for the resort ideas. We'll start checking them out…much appreciated!

FettFan

Imagine you have to stay 3 nights at one WDW resort, but could not visit the parks.

Forget that. It's like ordering a baked potato, then eating nothing but the sour cream!

EDIT - Besides, given the price of the Disney Resorts, there's not point in booking one unless you were going to also visit the parks or if you are attending as part of a business or conference trip.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom