Pick a Resort to stay and no Parks to play

If you had to stay at a resort for 3 nights, with no visits to any WDW parks which would you choose?

• Total voters

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Imagine you have to stay 3 nights at one WDW resort, but could not visit the parks.Where would you choose and why? All have unique aspects...

Last edited:

belledream

I would pick Yacht & Beach Club. Besides my attachment to the theme and aesthetics, it has an AWESOME pool, a good number of restaurants, and I could definitely see myself spending days perusing the Boardwalk, riding those surrey bikes, and riding the Friendship boats around the lake. So even though you're staying at one resort, it's not as isolated and there's many other places around.

DisneyWall-E

The A frame tower of the Contemporary, but only because I have always wanted to stay there. If not there then it would be Fort Wilderness. Love that place. So peaceful.

tlev

I picked Boardwalk because I've never stayed there and its in a location where there would be plenty of other stuff to do and see.

ZodIsGr8

Port Orleans Riverside would be my choice. Beautiful scenery and very laid back atmosphere. You can also ride the boat down the river and back and take it the Tree house Villas and other wonderful scenery such as Downtown Disney.

Communicore

I will pick Treehouse Villas but since their no longer the 70's versions I guess I would pick Pop and hang out in the room watching Disney Channel and have mouth watering meals at Everything Pop.

party like it's 99

The Polynesian hands down. You get two great restaurants (Ohana is just the best). You get dole whip (perk of Magic Kingdom without the ticket). You can watch the water parade and the firework show on the beach (a perk of Magic Kingdom without the ticket). and you can ride the monorail just for the fun of it!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I would pick Yacht & Beach Club. Besides my attachment to the theme and aesthetics, it has an AWESOME pool, a good number of restaurants, and I could definitely see myself spending days perusing the Boardwalk, riding those surrey bikes, and riding the Friendship boats around the lake. So even though you're staying at one resort, it's not as isolated and there's many other places around.
DH and I are doing this in July!

slappy magoo

Come on - Saratoga. Think about it:
- it's a good distance away from the parks. So no looking out the window and thinking "I'm a short walk or boat ride away from MK (or Epcot or DHS)." Lessens the temptation
-Halfway decent food court and sit down restaurant on site, but better than that, walking distance to Downtown Disney and all of their restaurants, to say nothing of all the shopping you can do since you're not going to the parks
-Also being close to DtD, meaning you're close to Cirque (which you now have time to go see), and catching a flick and dinner at AMC's Dine-In theater, and bowling a few at Splitsville.
-2 main pools on site, plus a couple of quiet pools
-onsite spa, you now have time for a spa day
-being close to DtD, you're walking distance from a bus stop that can take you to any other Disney resort, in case you want to resort hop or have reservations for a meal elsewhere.

No-brainer, dudes.

Epcot82Guy

I think this really depends on what you are looking for and budget.

If you want to be at an actual WDW Deluxe Resort, the vote is definitely for AKL. It's stunning with tons to do. It's biggest issue is location and access to the parks. If that's not on the table, it would seem a perfect excuse to stay here. For atmosphere, it's second only to Wilderness Lodge IMHO.

Other options I might suggest (if you want Disney-esque, but not Disney) would be the Swan (my personal favorite overall). You can often find great deals, it's one of the best pool areas, it's on the Boardwalk and it has the water taxis (which can be used just for entertainment). I'd also look at the Waldorf (you can find EXCELLENT rates given the quality) and the Hyatt Grand Cypress.

HollyAD

AKL for me! So much to do there and great food too! You could spend a relaxing evening sipping some wine at Victoria Falls Lounge and then head out to animal watch at night. You can not view any parks from that location so you won't get park envy like I usually do.

Spikerdink

I went with Yacht and Beach club. Besides the pool (which I could spend many hours in/around), there is the atmosphere of the Boardwalk to occupy my time, I can walk around the lagoon, I can ride the boats (and not go into HS)....and at night enjoy the performers at BW and sneak a view of Illuminations. All without ever going in the parks.

Texas84

I could stay in the Boardwalk area and go park-less if I had to. We occasionally go to Hilton Head just to relax and get a bit of that Disney feel. But that back entrance to Epcot might be an issue. Can I change it to resort and only one park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom