Trip Report Protect the Dolls!-Our 1st Anniversary Trip Report!

Jambo everyone! Welcome to another PartOfYourWorld trip report! I am very excited to be writing this report, seeing as we spent a WHOLE WEEK in Walt Disney World!!! We’ll cut right to the chase and get this thing started first with the basics…

Characters: Me-Jess-25 years old, Disney obsessed, who one day dreams of becoming an Imagineer & my husband-Mike-follows along with my Disney craziness & loves DC comics superheroes. We were married just over one year ago at Sea Breeze Point along the Boardwalk, and it was one of the most magical days of our lives! Here is a picture of us from our wedding last year in Disney (this is my favorite and Mom @LuvsTheMouse took it!)
IMG_7655_zpse1a2dc36.jpg

When: May 10th-18th, 2014

Home Sweet Home: Beach Club Resort

We’re Celebrating: Our 1 year wedding Anniversary!!!

Here we go!!!!!!

Saturday May 10th

Our day started at 8 am heading to the airport!!! We were there in plenty of time for our 10:55 am flight!

We were lucky to have a brand new 800 series plane on our flight down to Orlando, and an awesome exit row seat just with the two of us! And we had a really funny flight attendant to boot. Thank you Southwest for an awesome flight!

After waiting forever for our luggage, we were arriving at Disney’s Magical Express!

So so happy to see this sign again!

After a few stops we arrived at the Beach Club!! First time staying here for both of us!

For me I try to savor every second of this moment…walking into a Disney resort for the first time of every trip. It’s one of my favorite moments because you know you are about to have the trip of a lifetime every time!

Peeking up at some rooms!

We went through our check-in process without even going to a front desk. I thought it was pretty amazing. An attendant with his touch pad came up to ask asked us the usual questions,, we had already checked-in online and had our magicbands. He went and got our welcome package and we were on our way to our room in 5 minutes tops! It was really great!

I love the Beach Club Lobby, especially the smell! I loved walking through it every morning and coming home from the parks every night!

We went on our way to Room 3702! It was a decent walk from the elevators but we didn’t mind!

At first when I walked in, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it (it had nothing on the Boardwalk! Boardwalk is still number 1 in my book!) But after a day we loved it and didn’t take long to feel like home!

Double Sink!

I loved these seashell pillows!

Welcome Home Mickey!

Disneyfalcon

Jess, your pictures are so great!
I know you love Boardwalk but I'm so glad you liked Beach Club too! It's one of my favorites for sure!
I love that you took a gazillion pictures of Norway. That makes total sense!!! Lol
Your breakfast sandwich looks delish!
I can't believe you only waited 30 minutes for Anna and Elsa. That is truly amazing!
One of my favorite things about your trip reports is that you take pictures of everything! It makes us feel like we are there! :)

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Your animal kingdom pictures are breath taking. I swear most days I do believe it is my favorite park. I'm glad they are finally showing it the love it deserves. I can't wait for the rivers of light show!! Loving your report :)

Thank you!!! And you know funny you say that, some days I believe the same thing in a way...maybe it's just most photogenic?? Maybe that's the answer. I feel like there is so many more details there and you can just take pictures of everything! Right now the picture with Mike and I in front of the Tree of lIfe is my background at work! I can't wait for the Rivers of Light too! That will be amazing! and glad you are loving it :)

Awesome report and some really great pictures. Happy late anniversary by the way :p. The two of you seem to enjoying the time at the parks and thanks for sharing with us. Will be watching for more.

Thank you for tuning in!!! And thank you for the kind words! :) We definitely enjoyed our time in the parks...we always do!!! just can't beat Disney...I have no idea what I'm going to do without going back until 2016....at least I have cruises coming up!

Jess, your pictures are so great!
I know you love Boardwalk but I'm so glad you liked Beach Club too! It's one of my favorites for sure!
I love that you took a gazillion pictures of Norway. That makes total sense!!! Lol
Your breakfast sandwich looks delish!
I can't believe you only waited 30 minutes for Anna and Elsa. That is truly amazing!
One of my favorite things about your trip reports is that you take pictures of everything! It makes us feel like we are there! :)

Thanks for coming back Tammy! :)
Thank you!!! That is very nice to hear coming from you who takes AMAZING pictures!!!!
We definitely liked the Beach Club too! Definitely something about the Boardwalk ;)
hahaha of course! I need those pictures so I can compare it to the real thing!!!
Thank you!!! And you know what's funny, I uploaded all ~1400 pictures to smugmug and 98% of them have made it into this report...it's really the only place I share it publicly and I love to share it here. I send a weekly Disney picture to a co-worker who also loves the world and people always watch my screen saver since it's all Disney pictures, and only some go into the scrapbook. Always trying to find new perspectives every trip. It really means alot to me to hear that it feels like you're there-thanks! :)

Last edited:

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Tuesday May 13th
The morning began with breakfast at the Captain’s Grille at 8:45! So onto the Yacht Club we headed! Neither of us have never eaten here before so I was excited to try something new!

It was really beautiful in here

Carpet detail

I wanted to try something different, so I tried the lobster omelette. It was actually pretty good…the lobster was weird to get used to at first (yes I’m from New England and have never eaten lobster) but overall it was pretty good! Couldn’t eat it all though!

Mike went safe and just had the pancakes!

We were kind of anxious to leave so we could relax at the pool, but our waiter had a surprise for us…a Happy Anniversary cupcake drizzled in caramel! Oh man…I’m not a huge fan of chocolate cake but this cupcake was so good!!!!

We went upstairs to put our bathing suits on and back downstairs we went!!! We explored around the pool a bit first before choosing a spot (it is empty in the morning when it first opens!)

There was tons of little guys like these around!

The lifeguard was trying to get this guy out of the pool..but he just wanted a swim!

We finally picked a spot up above everyone…we had the whole place to ourselves up there the entire time! Of course we picked a spot in the sun!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
I ended up going down this slide once just to say I did it…I’m not a fan of getting dumped in the water…and when I got to the end I thought the lifeguard was going to jump in and save me...didn’t like the ending at all getting dumped into a pool not fun. But I’m glad I did it once!

We had a great view up here!

Mike didn’t want to go in the pool so he stayed lounging while I went out hang out in the lazy river. I went around at least 5 times. It was nice and relaxing. Once it started getting a little crowded for my liking I went back up to lounge a bit…and noticed this…..@blackthidot this one is for you…I know you always take pictures of what people shouldn’t wear in the world…

It was around lunch time and Stormalong Bay was getting more crowded by the second so we headed back up to change and get ready to meet some friends at the Magic Kingdom!

This little guy was waiting for us back to the room!

Seriously love this sign at the Beach Club Marketplace

We grabbed a bus (it was a little too hot out to walk through EPCOT) so we opted for AC on the bus instead. We waited about 20 minutes and we arrived at the Magic Kingdom!

Just so beautiful can’t get enough of it

There was a lady I work with on vacation in Disney World the same week as Mike and I…she’s a Disney nut like I am and it was funny we were both there the same week. I gave her a call and met her, her husband, and her granddaughter over in Liberty Square! We let her granddaughter lead the way and ended up in line for Splash Mountain!

The posted wait was 60 minutes but we ended up only waiting 20 minutes.

I wish I would have grabbed a picture of us on Splash…it was hilarious, but I didn’t get my camera out in time! We had such a great time with them, we had some really good laughs! Mike and I had intentions on watching Festival of Fantasy parade for the first time on Main Street and our friends were going towards Tomorrowland so we hopped on the WDW RR and said our goodbyes. It was a great time and I’m glad we met up for a few rides!

We headed through the shops on Main Street too cool off.

and stopped for some Starbucks to keep us cool waiting for the parade to start!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster

Since we had time to kill…

Fourth’s time a charm!

Frozen balloons!

One of my favorite shots

Almost time for the parade to start!

I tried it again! Love shots like these

I got to hold the balloons!

More balloon

I apologize now for all the pictures I took of this parade…but it is just honestly so perfect! So I hope you enjoy all of them!!!! It’s a Festival of Fantasy!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
I love the back here!

Anna and Elsa!

Anna’s coronation dress is my favorite!

The Tangled section is my favorite!

My favorite dresses!

Oh heeeey Flynn :inlove: I had to make sure we sat on the correct side of the street to see him!

I thought the back of the Tangled float was funny!

Oh my! A dinglehopper!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Bubble Girls!

Dumbo!

The stars of the show!

Love how this one came out

Last one!

We seriously LOVED this parade. So much so that we were making sure we could see it multiple times the rest of the week!!!!! Now it was off to Hollywood Studios because we had a date with Jedi Mickey!

We cut through the shops since it was so hot and I fell in love with this plush…but I resisted.

We stopped to listen to my favorite band for a little bit…Mulch Sweat and Shears!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
We were still a little early, so we walked through One Man’s Dream for an AC break

It was time!! It has been a long time since I’ve been here!

Free photopass pictures with your meal!

Don’t look!

We were seated in a little section right when you walk in not a lot of traffic in it so it was awesome!

First plate!...that soup was amazing…I think I had like 3 bowls..and that bread….ugh I wish I could have some right now

We decided to join the darkside…this will come back to bite us in the butt later

Princess Leia Minnie was up first!

Jedi Mickey!

Second plate! Loved the mashed potatoes!

Storm Trooper Donald was up next!

Darth Goofy!!!!!!!

The characters came around so fast that we were still eating and they came around a second time! I asked Princess Leia Minnie to pose for me!

chocolate fountain!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster

My plate! Lol I was full from all those bowls of soups!

So remember how we chose the dark side? Well Jedi Mickey came by and he was not happy at all! He was so upset in fact that he took both of our light sabers and waited until Mike and I unrolled them and joined the Rebel Alliance! He stood there with his arms folded and tapping his foot watching us. He was not happy!

Luckily once we assured him we would not go back to the Dark Side he posed for a picture!

But he made sure Mike and I knew he was watching us as he continued to walk away…don’t you worry!

Donald came up soon after and as I lifted my camera up he came in really close! I thought this was so cute!

We paid our check and attempted to walk out the door…but as we tried they were introducing Mickey and Minnie and everyone started dancing so naturally me and a CM did too! Then all of a sudden Chip and Dale came up next to me and started dancing with me!!! Once they had to go back to their posts they blew me kisses and then I realized the exit was a different door! Ooops! We apologized to the CM and she said no worries we had a great time dancing!! We had some great character interaction here and I am so glad we decided to book it!!!! We also got fastpasses for Fantasmic! I had no idea we were getting those! So that was a nice surprise!

We decided to head on over to the Animation Academy to give a hand at drawing! Mike had never done it before and I knew he would like it!

Guess who we drew???? FLYNN RIDER!!!!! I was so excited!!!! This is the artists drawing

Here’s my drawing!

We headed on over to Sunset Blvd to wait around for Fantasmic and enjoy the atmosphere. I was happy we didn’t have to wait in a massive line. So while Mike sat and played on his new Ipod touch, I walked around and experimented with my camera!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Made me feel like I was in Old Hollywood in the 50s.

It was time to head off into Fantasmic and we had great center seats!!!! There was also a kid in front of us with Glow with the Show Ears it was cool to watch these during the show!

I really wish John Smith met with Pocahontas in the parks

I really do love Fantasmic!

DHS had Extra magic hours tonight so we went a ride on my favorite tower! Now I don’t know if you notice it here but the letters aren’t individually light like they usually are and they were like this all week which was really weird.

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
We chose the left side like we always do and unfortunately it broke down as we were standing on the tiles waiting to board. I have to give props to the CM handling the situation though there was a few smaller kids in our group and the CM (I forget his name) pretended that when the phone rang it was his mom…he invited Mike and I to dinner and made a big deal when the couple who was celebrating their anniversary declined and tried to get the kids in on it too it was hilarious! So thank you to that CM! (My hunch is telling me his name was Chris?) At least I got a few great pictures while we were standing there!

NOT our elevator

Finally, we were moved over to the other side and onto an elevator….I think Mike and I were a little freaked out because the elevator stopped before the drop shaft and we thought we were going to get stuck too…

We headed over to check on Rock n’ Roller Coaster and there was only a 15 minute wait! So of course it was a no brainer!

Gotta love my husband and his faces!

We had one more destination on our list for tonight…

I think it had a posted 30 minute wait…but we only waited half that..I love EMH!

It was Mike’s first time and silly him was going for accuracy,…but looks like I prevailed!!! Muahahaha

With that we headed on out of the Studios and hopped on a Friendship boat back to the Beach Club. Boat rides in Disney are my favorite. We headed into bed for another night in the most magical place on earth! Below is the comparison of our pictures from the animation academy! (Mine is the left; Mike is the right)

Stay tuned for the next installment!! :)

DisSplash

Great report! All of your photos are beautiful, but your photo capture of Tinkerbelle during Wishes is pretty amazing IMO!

So, did you get a 1 year anniversary photo of you two in the Gazebo?

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Great report! All of your photos are beautiful, but your photo capture of Tinkerbelle during Wishes is pretty amazing IMO!

So, did you get a 1 year anniversary photo of you two in the Gazebo?

Thank you very much!!!!!!

And you know something.....out of all the things we did...I never got a picture of the two of us in there....we did walk through it and kinda stood there and enjoyed the view, but never took a picture....I can't believe that we didn't do that! I could kick myself now! :banghead:

TheMouseFan

Not a fan of chocolate cake? What is wrong with you?!? Just kidding! Festival of Fantasy is my new favorite parade. I absolutely loved it! Your pics were fantastic! I'm jealous you got to do the Star Wars meal! Can't wait to read more!

Billy6

Haha! Great report, Jess! Not sure how I missed your report on the TR list when I looked this week!
Anyhoo, my wife and I went to the World for our 1 year too, it was right after the Lady's cruise in September, and we drew Flynn Ryder too! Mine wasn't as good as the wife's but we didn't have a seat and had to use the portable boards.

Great pics as usual! I'm enjoying everyone else's trips this year as I wasn't able to go in June(had our first child in May :D).

Can't wait for more!

CtDisneyGuy33

Wow! Great report and the pictures are fantastic! I am starving after going through these pics!

I am totally surprised - No Bruins/Pats/Sox/Celts gear at all?? I would have guessed at least something to represent :)

Happy belated Anny!

Webb

Great trip report! We were there the same time as you guys! What a great week of weather! Rained twice! We enjoyed the 2nd rainstorm from our balcony over at SSR with some cocktails :) Love the pictures from the parade! We missed that and I'm still kicking myself for it right now! Can't wait to see more! Looks like you guys definitely enjoyed your anniversary trip :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom