Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

vinnya1726

I haven't checked in on this thread in quite a while and against my better judgment, I clicked on it...

<beats head on his desk> What has TDO been doing for the last several months???? </beats head on his desk>

Take a look at the construction pictures from February and compare them to the updated ones. They've moved some topsoil and started some foundations. That's bascially it.

If you ever wanted a perfect example of how little those in power in Orlando care about their resort, this is it. The world's busiest theme park, on Main Street U.S.A., at the Hub/heart of the entire park, near one of the world's most photographed spots and this is the effort that is placed on maintaining the Walt Disney legacy? What should be the crown jewel of all theme parks looks like it's a childs sandbox with Tonka trucks in it.

I know that this was a project that was supposed to last until 2015; but, I had hoped that some common sense would've prevailed at some point and they would've started pushing on this project a bit more.

This project is going to take longer to complete than all of Disneyland.

"Why" is the question that every Disney Parks fan should be shouting at the top of thier lungs?

They are filling in some moats, leveling some land, putting in a couple of planters, and adding a couple of show buildings. This isn't a year long project because of the complexity.

It's only a year long because to make it go faster would require more money spent over less fiscal quarters.

Bad form TDO, bad form. You should go stick your head in the dirt you've moved in shame.

For what it's worth, I'm intrigued by Tokyo's new nightime show and what that could mean for a new show in Orlando; but, everytime I start to get excited about the potential - I get scared by the use of more projections and spotlights as a replacement for pyro by TDO.

When you are dealing with Independent Companies and their Union Workers they take their sweet time. This is one the primary reasons it takes Disney years to construct something. If Disney had a construction team that only worked for them or if Disney went down to Texas and took a large group of those that our president has let in the country they would get everything built much faster and cheaper.

lazyboy97o

When you are dealing with Independent Companies and their Union Workers they take their sweet time. This is one the primary reasons it takes Disney years to construct something. If Disney had a construction team that only worked for them or if Disney went down to Texas and took a large group of those that our president has let in the country they would get everything built much faster and cheaper.
This is not true at all. The problems are Disney-based, not location-based. Universal Orlando Resort is in a slightly less favorable building environment than Walt Disney World and manages to spend less and build faster.

dstrawn9889

they might have just killed that tree. heavy equipment on the roots and digging around them can kill even the largest of trees... looks like the dug down to a point where the roots end, like they are going to try and transplant it, but they are using the wrong equipment... they are using a sledgehammer when they need a ball peen hammer

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
What are you trying to say?

Rob562

I know minecraft isn't for everyone but this videos gives us a better idea of what new hub will look like from a guest's point of view. It was made on MC Magic a 1.1 scale recreation of WDW (link at bottom). The disney parks video only gives us an aerial view so I thought I'd share this video as it gives us a better of idea of what it will be to walk through the hub. The people who made this have done a good job at staying accurate to the new design with little to work with.

The only correction I'd give them is that the "nice shaded areas" on either side of the Hub are the relocated snack carts that used to be on either side of the south end of the Hub. They're not for Guest sitting.

-Rob

tdpolo26

It's planned to finish early 2015-late spring 2015. So sadly the hub will still be in construction walls during your visit.
I wonder what phase it will be in during nov....it seems like they make broad strokes then spend months on the little things...which are always the most time consuming

WDWLover#1

I wonder what phase it will be in during nov....it seems like they make broad strokes then spend months on the little things...which are always the most time consuming
Well looking at the concept art there's still stuff that they haven't started on yet. The stage is getting a facelift and is getting sort of a 'barrier' around it. And they still have to start work on the four new castle towers. I do wonder whether DAWM will have to stop because of the changes to the stage and the towers which will contain the lighting for the shows. They seem to be making solid progress so far so I would think by november or the end of the year foundation work would've ended and concrete. Making it look 'pretty' would probably imo start at the beginning of 2015.

Unplugged

Yet disney made a tree the size of a oil rig lol
So if only God can Make a tree and disney made a tree does that make disney a god

They seem to think so. They can make trees of all sizes, mountains, breed real animals, make a mouse talk, and with their latest technology track you almost anywhere they want in their domain. Sounds like they're playing God to me. ;) :D

mikeh

They've got a foundation under construction on the other side too (near Casey's Corner)

0yXe0b9.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom