Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I had a totally uncaring cashier at Target this evening. I had three expired coupons (I didn't realize it until she pointed it out) and two that didn't apply to my groceries list. She said "to hell with 'em" and manually entered in the discounts. I saved $23.

Thanks, Marie!

You must be ecstatic! You mentioned how money is really tight for you lately; yet occasionally, it's during those low points that unexpected surprises happen. Or, to quote an expression, "The Lord sometimes works in mysterious ways." :)

PUSH

Original Poster
Took a test for math tonight that felt like it was never going to end. I spent 45 minutes on the first page (front and back), and still had 3 more sheets to go (front and back). Luckily the last page only took about 10 minutes.

Also made up a quiz from two weeks ago, knowing next to nothing that was on it and I got 23.5/30. C+ for not knowing anything and guessing on at least a half of it? I'll take it!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Just had to make a new post to show off my Indy 500 avatar. Loved that game on the Atari (as previously discussed, 2600). Especially the selection where the course was ice and you just constantly slid into the walls. If you drove hard enough into the wall, you could pass through it.

StarWarsGirl

I was so excited for a Chick Fil A to move into N. IL My son loved them in FL, one right next to his housing for the Disney College Program, a staple in his life back then. Every time I eat there I get sick within 20 minutes. Real sick. Nobody else just me. Thinking I am allergic to something they prepare with. Family goes when we are up there, me not so much.
They fry everything in 100% pure peanut oil. I can't eat there either

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Usually, I think the postal service does a decent job of delivering mail.

Today, I went to the post office to mail my brother's birthday card. (His happy birthday is Monday.) Because the card was a bit larger than most cards, and I had also put a Mobil gas gift card inside, I decided to put it all in a slightly larger-sized, flat envelope. I told the postal clerk to please send it First Class. He said sure, and I paid the postage.

Then he says, "That will be 5-7 days delivery." What??!! I'm at a large city post office on my lunch break at noon, on a Thursday, and he's telling me that a simple, first class envelope will take 5-7 business days from Boston to the middle of North Carolina??!! Are you kidding me??!! I could understand if I sent it 3rd class or whatever, but heck.

I think the old Pony Express could have done a better delivery time than this!! :banghead:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Uh oh, we have reached page 2012. The Mayans predicted that the world would end when we got to this page. Or we go back to page 1. So we might have to look for Bob all over again.
Since we are now on page 2013 it just proves that the Mayans were wrong once again!

It's been 5 minutes, any new information about the opening of the dwarves ride?
Is this the right thread for news?

How about now?
I told you once!

No you didn't​

I had a totally uncaring cashier at Target this evening. I had three expired coupons (I didn't realize it until she pointed it out) and two that didn't apply to my groceries list. She said "to hell with 'em" and manually entered in the discounts. I saved $23.

Thanks, Marie!
With more and more stores honoring the competitions coupons, I have found the expiration dates to be less and less important.

They fry everything in 100% pure peanut oil. I can't eat there either
I recently read where the CEO of Chik-Fil-A has changed his strategy regarding publicly denouncing those he doesn't see eye-to-eye with.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Usually, I think the postal service does a decent job of delivering mail.

Today, I went to the post office to mail my brother's birthday card. (His happy birthday is Monday.) Because the card was a bit larger than most cards, and I had also put a Mobil gas gift card inside, I decided to put it all in a slightly larger-sized, flat envelope. I told the postal clerk to please send it First Class. He said sure, and I paid the postage.

Then he says, "That will be 5-7 days delivery." What??!! I'm at a large city post office on my lunch break at noon, on a Thursday, and he's telling me that a simple, first class envelope will take 5-7 business days from Boston to the middle of North Carolina??!! Are you kidding me??!! I could understand if I sent it 3rd class or whatever, but heck.

I think the old Pony Express could have done a better delivery time than this!! :banghead:
I'm pretty certain that the USPS will cease-to-be, as we know it now, in a few years.

Nemo14

so, is it open?

paranoid.gif

Nemo14

Actually I did just see that. Too many pages to catch up on though - I assume I missed some major earth-shaking comments... or just the usual?

PUSH

Original Poster
Actually I did just see that. Too many pages to catch up on though - I assume I missed some major earth-shaking comments... or just the usual?
Here are the highlights:

- We hit 40,000 posts
- @MOXOMUMD hit the top 20 for likes
- @JenniferS is still unsure about her feelings for Titanic
- @Zweiland has a lot of liking to do when he gets back
- The Brewers remain unbeatable.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm pretty certain that the USPS will cease-to-be, as we know it now, in a few years.

If they don't pick up the pace, they're doomed. You see, that's what I don't get about this: you'd think that they'd be going out of their way to come up with creative approaches, to provide more responsive service, in such a competitive market from the private shippers. It's not like they're the only game in town anymore, as in years past. Still, I'm not knocking the entire postal service. In some ways (at least with local delivery), they're very good. I just think in some other respects, they're not keeping up with today's demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom