News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

In the Parks
No
Sounds a lot like you have an agenda, and it's only getting clearer.

There are other threads if you'd rather discuss something you haven't already made up your mind not to enjoy.
The only agenda I have is holding Disney attractions to a high standard. I'm sorry, but dialogue like that, especially delivered in such a Barney the Dinosaur-esque tone (which doesn't match the way Tiana sounds in the movie at all), does not meet the high bar that Disney has set for themselves.

This is a thread for discussion of the latest details and construction progress, and I have a right to state that this latest update on the construction progress does not measure up in my opinion.

Would you rather everyone just be endlessly positive about this ride? That doesn't seem very fair to me, but feel free to ignore anyone who posts anything you disagree with.

yensidtlaw1969

Without jumping to conclusions and assuming what anyone's agenda is here, people are allowed to have a negative opinion of something. They also shouldn't be told to leave because of it.

I think i've been pretty fair and balanced with this ride. Had both positives and negatives to say about it (I'm among the people who thinks the crane looks fine). If what Drew wrote is accurate to the spoken dialog (and it sounds like it), then it would land in my negative pile. It is pretty clumsy and stupid IMO.
The issue isn't mere difference of opinion.

Complaining that dialogue about looking for critters is reaching to be "relevant" absolutely reeks of an agenda, and that poster's past comments only suggest it further.

There are valid criticisms of those short bits of dialogue, but come on. Saying that they scan as "look how relevant we are!" really just isn't one of them and smacks of the poster's actual intentions.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I think the dialogue feels written for children. It feels, again, very "Let's explain what's going on so there's no doubt about every little plot point" instead of the, in my opinion, more re-ridable, old-fashioned style where you have to ride multiple times before you know everything happening, and even then you may not pick up on some of the side plots.
It's not a bad thing, but it feels very un-Disney.
Then again, who am I kidding? It's a classic Disney move these days.

James Alucobond

I think the dialogue feels written for children. It feels, again, very "Let's explain what's going on so there's no doubt about every little plot point" instead of the, in my opinion, more re-ridable, old-fashioned style where you have to ride multiple times before you know everything happening, and even then you may not pick up on some of the side plots.
It's not a bad thing, but it feels very un-Disney.
Then again, who am I kidding? It's a classic Disney move these days.
The characters addressing guests is definitely a newer paradigm and not one I’m entirely sure I love. However, the general quality of these mere two lines of dialogue (which I can’t hear very well in the clip anyway and so will only judge based on the transcribed content) are not especially different from the audio in Splash.

You had:
“There goes that Br’er Rabbit, being chased by Br’er Fox and Br’er Bear.”
“Hah hah! You boys can’t catch me! My Laughin’ Place is where I’m bound.”
“Now’s our chance to set a trap for Br’er Rabbit. I’m gonna catch that Br’er Rabbit this time, for sure!”

I wonder if, hearing those clipped out, people would accuse them of being tell and not show in today’s climate of hyper criticism of every single shred of audiovisual information that comes out about this attraction. I don’t think people need to be positive about everything we see and hear (I know I’m not), but it would be nice if we could assess things without wanting to find fault in them from the start, setting the bar impossibly high based on the imagined quality of what was.

In the Parks
No
I don’t think people need to be positive about everything we see and hear (I know I’m not), but it would be nice if we could assess things without wanting to find fault in them from the start, setting the bar impossibly high based on the imagined quality of what was.
Who WANTS to find fault in things? I want this attraction to knock my socks off. I want to be so completely wrong about it that I have to come on here and change my name to "Tiana's Foods Fan."

It seems like ANY criticism about this ride is presumed guilty of mal-intent. It's almost become a religion for some people on here to crucify those that criticize. If you disagree with what I'm saying, you don't have to engage with me. But this is a forum; if I'm doing something wrong by pointing out a valid criticism of the dialogue (from what we can hear so far), then there should be a disclaimer that dissidents must dispel with dissing Disney. (see what I did there?)

celluloid

Also, are the sound levels just blaringly annoying in test mode for this thing?

Why can we hear it from the other side of this construction wall? Is there a diegetic source?

Or is this an awkward themed delay announcement without any context to tell people that is what it is.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I don’t think people need to be positive about everything we see and hear (I know I’m not), but it would be nice if we could assess things without wanting to find fault in them from the start, setting the bar impossibly high based on the imagined quality of what was.
Absolutely. This just in combination with the signs and the mural and stuff, there are just a few things that feel like a miss.
For one, the barn looks horrible. The signs also don't look great. The truck looks great but it looks new, it doesn't look aged or from 1927. Plus the banner just doesn't fit. I don't know. I very much look forward to riding and I love the facade but I just can't be positive about the graphics.

celluloid

The characters addressing guests is definitely a newer paradigm and not one I’m entirely sure I love. However, the general quality of these mere two lines of dialogue (which I can’t hear very well in the clip anyway and so will only judge based on the transcribed content) are not especially different from the audio in Splash.

You had:
“There goes that Br’er Rabbit, being chased by Br’er Fox and Br’er Bear.”
“Hah hah! You boys can’t catch me! My Laughin’ Place is where I’m bound.”
“Now’s our chance to set a trap for Br’er Rabbit. I’m gonna catch that Br’er Rabbit this time, for sure!”

I wonder if, hearing those clipped out, people would accuse them of being tell and not show in today’s climate of hyper criticism of every single shred of audiovisual information that comes out about this attraction. I don’t think people need to be positive about everything we see and hear (I know I’m not), but it would be nice if we could assess things without wanting to find fault in them from the start, setting the bar impossibly high based on the imagined quality of what was.

You are confusing exposition context with show don't tell situations.

Your quotes from Splash Mountain are also spoken by single characters at a time, not forced dialogue of four sentences or so between two.

This is very lazy writing, and honestly, the delivery specifically is pretty disappointing considering these are the film performers, and I think plays a part into what makes it seem so lousy. Forced.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

Who WANTS to find fault in things? I want this attraction to knock my socks off. I want to be so completely wrong about it that I have to come on here and change my name to "Tiana's Foods Fan."
I don’t understand it, but that is definitely the attitude people have about this and some other attractions.
It seems like ANY criticism about this ride is presumed guilty of mal-intent. It's almost become a religion for some people on here to crucify those that criticize. If you disagree with what I'm saying, you don't have to engage with me. But this is a forum; if I'm doing something wrong by pointing out a valid criticism of the dialogue (from what we can hear so far), then there should be a disclaimer that dissidents must dispel with dissing Disney. (see what I did there?)
I criticize things myself. As you said, this is a forum. If you want to be ignored, write it in your diary. Otherwise, people will discuss why they think your criticisms do or don’t have a valid basis.
Also, are the sound levels just blaringly annoying in test mode for this thing?

Why can we hear it from the other side of this construction wall? is there a Diegetic source.

Or is this an awkward themed delay announcement without any context to tell people that is what it is.
It’s probably a combination of it being louder than normal for testing and the fact that the radio station audio for the queue isn’t running yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom