News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

James Alucobond

Mining equipment evokes a time and place that many didn’t get a chance to experience in real life and would consider it adventurous. It reminds them of the romanticized old West and of adventure/ exploration. Not sure cranes do that for anyone. A crane has very few ways it can illicit any positive response.
It’s not a modern crane. It does evoke a time and place.

MickeyLuv'r

Remember, for many years each ride cost extra money to ride at all. Consider it a blessing that that's not the case anymore
Oh, I don't know....reinstating ticket books for a bit could do some good.

It is kinda fun at smaller parks as long as the ticket don't cost too much.

Wastes a lot of paper though. Maybe WDW could have digital ticket books.

Oh wait, isn't that pretty much what VQ/ILL's are? (GoG/ Tron) Limited # of folks get 1 chance to ride, those who pay extra get a 2nd chance to ride. If you miss the VQ lottery, the only option is to pay to ride.

I haven't read all 555 pages, do we know yet if the ride will have VQ when it opens? That's the main reason I opened this thread. Alas, I combed the last 5 pages, and it is petty bickering.

Last edited:

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Awkward The Simpsons GIF

MerlinTheGoat

Sounds a lot like you have an agenda, and it's only getting clearer.

There are other threads if you'd rather discuss something you haven't already made up your mind not to enjoy.
Without jumping to conclusions and assuming what anyone's agenda is here, people are allowed to have a negative opinion of something. They also shouldn't be told to leave because of it.

I think i've been pretty fair and balanced with this ride. Had both positives and negatives to say about it (I'm among the people who thinks the crane looks fine). If what Drew wrote is accurate to the spoken dialog (and it sounds like it), then it would land in my negative pile. It is pretty clumsy and stupid IMO.

Sir_Cliff

Without jumping to conclusions and assuming what anyone's agenda is here, people are allowed to have a negative opinion of something. They also shouldn't be told to leave because of it.

I think i've been pretty fair and balanced with this ride. Had both positives and negatives to say about it (I'm among the people who thinks the crane looks fine). If what Drew wrote is accurate to the spoken dialog (and it sounds like it), then it would land in my negative pile. It is pretty clumsy and stupid IMO.
I don't know, is the dialogue on these things ever that sophisticated? Presumably this little snippet just exists to let guests know as they move quickly past that the point of the ride is that we're looking for critters and we're going to the bayou to try to find them. Seems a fair enough way to do that. I thought we were upset about them overcomplicating everything on this ride?

celluloid

I don't know, is the dialogue on these things ever that sophisticated? Presumably this little snippet just exists to let guests know as they move quickly past that the point of the ride is that we're looking for critters and we're going to the bayou to try to find them. Seems a fair enough way to do that. I thought we were upset about them overcomplicating everything on this ride?
overcomplicatng and tell instead of show are not mutually exclusive.

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

overcomplicatng and tell instead of show are not mutually exclusive.
If telling instead of showing is the problem with these few seconds of dialogue, then I can only imagine how much people dislike attractions like Indiana Jones Adventure, Tower of Terror, Dinosaur, etc. that literally stand you in front of a screen and tell you want the attraction is about.

Of course it's ok to complain or voice concerns about aspects of this attraction; I think most of us on this thread have at points. It seems a stretch, though, to make much judgement about such a short audio clip with very little context.

MerlinTheGoat

So not the 80's where every new ride had non-stop narration spoon-feeding you information at mostly a fourth grade level?
To be fair, I think some attractions work better with a show and tell approach, while others work better with mostly a show and subdued tell approach.

A lot of people here (myself included) love Living With The Land. A lot of us (myself included) also don't want to see a heavily dumbed down stupider version of Living With The Land with dialog for toddlers and themed to Princess and the Frog. There's a reason why that Land analogy is brought up and also used to poke fun at Tiana's ride (at least the beginnings of it prior to entering the dark ride portion), despite that ride actually being well loved. The Land DOES lend itself well to more of a spoon fed narration based approach just because of the type of ride it is. It and others like it were effectively documentary films in ride form. The narration in them is also generally suitably mature (prior to Spaceship Earth dumbing its vocabulary down in 2007) and not spoken with an exaggerated cartoony tone. They take themselves and the audience seriously and as adults. Imagination is one of the few exceptions that managed to juggle a narrative-driven approach with a cartoony sort of feel. And it had its own clever ways of doing so that I could deep dive into if I wanted to be here all night.

What i've seen of Tiana's backstory and the (very little) dialog so far has just seemed off. I again hope they back off of some of this once the ride begins proper after the first drop, and it becomes more of a music-based affair with limited preaching.

I think there was definitely a better way to convey the same meaning of this dialog without it seeming so awkward. There's something about it that feels really off. Both Tiana's line and her delivery sound really dumb to me. I don't even think the problem is being too simplistic, there's something else about it that i'm having a hard time putting into words myself. I'll have to think on it and maybe come back when I have a better way to explain.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom