Avengers 4!

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I mean, the forum is technically British, they’re going to get it across the pond before we do. Self restraint’s going to be super fun, but we’ll just have to live.
You know, I’m struggling right now. I thought you and I were better than this. Now, you go and put this kind of stress on my system. This is uncalled for. I demand justice, severance pay, a recount or something. 🥴

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
By the way,
Official box office system shows Avengers: Endgame earns $27.7M from midnights in China. That’s triple of what previous record holder Furious 8 did. The number could be higher considering few theaters don’t report their figures to system yet.

Princess Leia

With what is being said, seriously, who is the 2%? Has to be just jerks that want to look edgy.
Or people with their own opinions? There is a lot of hype going into this, maybe a couple people were just let down.

That 98% is an A+ rating from all critics. I think as long as someone ranks the film at least a 2.5/4 or 3/5 in their review, it gets moved into the ‘positive’ side, and to me, that just means the critics thinks the movie is ‘good’, not ‘very good’ or ‘great’.

Princess Leia

You know, I’m struggling right now. I thought you and I were better than this. Now, you go and put this kind of stress on my system. This is uncalled for. I demand justice, severance pay, a recount or something. 🥴
I think we’ll both live until tomorrow lol, then we can review it spoiler free (in the proper thread).
I’ll still be popping in here to discuss box office and non spoiler things though.
By the way,
Woah.
China had it’s own major blockbuster earlier this year, The Wandering Earth, and there was a lot of talk of it being more popular than the Avengers. It made like $600 million in China alone ($100 million elsewhere- Netflix picked up the streaming rights, so it’ll be on our screens on April 30th). I’m really curious to see if Endgame does just as well.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I think we’ll both live until tomorrow lol, then we can review it spoiler free (in the proper thread).
I’ll still be popping in here to discuss box office and non spoiler things though.

Woah.
China had it’s own major blockbuster earlier this year, The Wandering Earth, and there was a lot of talk of it being more popular than the Avengers. It made like $600 million in China alone ($100 million elsewhere- Netflix picked up the streaming rights, so it’ll be on our screens on April 30th). I’m really curious to see if Endgame does just as well.
They are saying that it’ll top $100 mil for the day and ultimately $581M in China. With Detective Pikachu (🤢) coming out we will see.

Last edited:

LSLS

Or people with their own opinions? There is a lot of hype going into this, maybe a couple people were just let down.

That 98% is an A+ rating from all critics. I think as long as someone ranks the film at least a 2.5/4 or 3/5 in their review, it gets moved into the ‘positive’ side, and to me, that just means the critics thinks the movie is ‘good’, not ‘very good’ or ‘great’.

I may have a rather large disdain for critics.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
It broke China's own record. WOW! Could $1Bil be on deck in a weekend?

Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame has a stranglehold on China as it continues to surge in early rollout there. After heating up a new midnight milestone worth RMB 189M ($28.1M) on Tuesday, today’s tallies just keep climbing. As of just before 10PM local time, early estimates were coming in at RMB 719M ($107M), including midnights, for the first day. Endgame‘s opening sets a new all-time record in the market, eclipsing previous record-holder Monster Hunt 2 which opened during Chinese New Year 2018.
Projections in the market are running equally wild with many watchers upping their initial $250M-$280M launch weekend estimates above the high end of that range and into the $300Ms. Word of mouth is as strong as Thanos with a 9.2 on reviews aggregator Douban and a 9.3 on Maoyan. These are among the best scores ever for a Marvel movie in the superhero-loving market.

source: https://deadline.com/2019/04/avenge...-weekend-international-box-office-1202600409/

seascape

It broke China's own record. WOW! Could $1Bil be on deck in a weekend?

source: https://deadline.com/2019/04/avenge...-weekend-international-box-office-1202600409/
With the Chinese numbers so far I have to agree that 1 billion is a possibility, especially if they get 307 million from China. Infinity War did not open in China and it still got 640 million. Adding 307 to that and it's almost 950 million with no other increases. Plus it opens everywhere in the world except Russia. The most amazing thing I read today was that it accounted for 99.1% of all movie tickets in China for the day.

Mike S

I mean, the forum is technically British, they’re going to get it across the pond before we do. Self restraint’s going to be super fun, but we’ll just have to live.
Most members are American considering the site is based on an American tourist destination. I just think it would’ve been more fair if people that don’t get it early didn’t have to join a thread that already had a few pages which I’m sure this will.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
With the Chinese numbers so far I have to agree that 1 billion is a possibility, especially if they get 307 million from China. Infinity War did not open in China and it still got 640 million. Adding 307 to that and it's almost 950 million with no other increases. Plus it opens everywhere in the world except Russia. The most amazing thing I read today was that it accounted for 99.1% of all movie tickets in China for the day.
Yeah, if it opened in Russia this weekend it would be guaranteed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom