Disney slowly losing some of what made it special.

Nottamus

It might be the PLACE isn't losing magic with YOU, but YOU losing magic in the PLACE.

We've been going since 2014. To me some experiences are getting to be not fresh as they were the first time.

Then we see someone in line who it is their first trip...and you can see the magic again in them.

Its all good

(sorry for extending this thread)

Naplesgolfer

Original Poster
It might be the PLACE isn't losing magic with YOU, but YOU losing magic in the PLACE.

We've been going since 2014. To me some experiences are getting to be not fresh as they were the first time.

Then we see someone in line who it is their first trip...and you can see the magic again in them.

Its all good

(sorry for extending this thread)[/
We go 4-5 times a year with a various mix of friends and family. So we do still find Disney great place to spend time. We stay in a different DVC each trip and try to find a new resturant or ride, experience etc. each time we come to make it fresh. But I really think Disney is very slowly dimming the experience in many small ways. I can’t seem to figure out why . Most of these changes won’t impact their bottom line in a meaningful way. I think there may be a internal battle over how to run things. They produce many quality events and rides and experiences and then do many things that are diametrically opposed. As a retired business owner it baffles me. But over all I love the place.

JusticeDisney

Here we go again. If you're a long time lurker, you know how frequently this topic arises. Was it really necessary to start another of the Same old same old? I'm out.
That’s odd, I could have sworn you had the absolute ability to not click on this thread. Guess I was wrong. Guess you also were compelled by the threat of imminent harm to type out a response. All so you could then announce to us that you’re “out.” Do us all a favor next time and just be “out” before you respond.

Okay, you may now resume telling all of us what we can or cannot post on this board.

Rumrunner

I am a big Disney fan and long time lurker on this forum. 2nd generation DVC and coming since 94. My concerns are that in the time I have been coming I have seen a erosion of the unique. Examples would be the candy woman in Epcot Japan, Adventurer's club , egg painting in Germany etc. Also the reduced capacity at the rides to save pennies on slower park day's. As I compose this so many things come to mind that have been reduced or removed, from park hours to activities. Disney is foolish to do this. I am fine with the increasing costs but keep all the special things, park hours and ride capacity. The fan base has a lot of patience and love for the brand but it is fraying at the edges. My feelings may really only apply to a long time park goer. If you are only here once or twice you are so sensory over loaded you would never see what I am talking about.
Analysis of Disney by veterans of the park is healthy. I for one appreciate your concern and your post.
We also have noticed what I would call a slow erosion of value, less attention to the details and small things, a rise in prices, and a some- what ho-hum attitude to the patrons.
Of course when the parks are full all the time, Disney can be independent.
We need to critique Disney honestly and fairly so it will remain the unique first class special place we have come to expect.

DisneyDoctor

That’s odd, I could have sworn you had the absolute ability to not click on this thread. Guess I was wrong. Guess you also were compelled by the threat of imminent harm to type out a response. All so you could then announce to us that you’re “out.” Do us all a favor next time and just be “out” before you respond.

Okay, you may now resume telling all of us what we can or cannot post on this board.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I am a big Disney fan and long time lurker on this forum. 2nd generation DVC and coming since 94. My concerns are that in the time I have been coming I have seen a erosion of the unique. .

Aww then back into the shadows, since if you've been lurking as long as you say, you know what sort of Poo storm this raises. Its pointless.

Naplesgolfer

Original Poster
Aww then back into the shadows, since if you've been lurking as long as you say, you know what sort of Poo storm this raises. Its pointless.
Aww then back into the shadows, since if you've been lurking as long as you say, you know what sort of Poo storm this raises. Its pointless.[/QUOTE
My hope is that Disney has someone reading these forums and takes notice. Most changes I am advocating are not costly in Disney's overall P&L statement. If fact they would contribute in the creating of another generation of durable fans. Disney at it's best was and still can be a unique entertainment product. it's up to Disney as a company not to lose it. I think there is a internal company battle over just this.

CaptainJackNO

My experience in the parks has been that it's not Disney that's losing its magic. People are losing their own magic for whatever reason. There has not been a time that I've been in the parks that I haven't experienced rude, inconsiderate, negative, or entitled behavior. That's what I see getting worse. Sure the ride times are increasing, it's harder to get ADRs and FP times, tickets and rooms cost more. But I see that corporate behavior everywhere so that doesn't bother me. It's the rudeness from the people around me in the parks that sometimes brings me down.

All very good points

flynnibus

Premium Member
Sure the ride times are increasing, it's harder to get ADRs and FP times, tickets and rooms cost more. But I see that corporate behavior everywhere so that doesn't bother me

It should... it's a big part of the problem. Disney stood out because it was so DIFFERENT... not because Disney did the same thing BETTER than other people.

What's happened a good bit is the rest of the world has largely caught up and duplicated what Disney innovated... while Disney has been slower to innovate while concurrently making themselves MORE LIKE everyone else. All these things close the gap that used to make Disney so much a different place than anywhere else.

Bairstow

well.. if it makes you feel better, it could be worse - you could have modern-day Disney's California Adventure in Florida. I'd give anything to be at DHS, DAK, EPCOT or MK.

Wait, really? I'd totally exchange California Adventure for Hollywood Studios.
The only area of DHS that works at all is Sunset Boulevard.
California Adventure has Grizzly Peak, Condor Flats, and Radiator Springs.

PeakSeason

Here's another way to look at it. Disney might not be losing what makes it special, it might just be that you are old (as in terms of visiting the parks) and don't like the new stuff that the mouse is putting in. just a hypothesis.

sorry you feel that Disney is losing something. Great thing is there is a whole big wide world out there to discover.
What she said-
Vacation somewhere else.
You sound like you're up for a new experience. ENJOY!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It should... it's a big part of the problem. Disney stood out because it was so DIFFERENT... not because Disney did the same thing BETTER than other people.

Disney is a different beast, at least in WDW as its a self-contained vacation destination with lodging, dining, and entertainment all on-premises. It's more akin to the Poconos resorts that flourished in the 50's with theme parks tossed in. Its scale is such that it has become a global destination for those who can afford it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom