Haunted Mansion Restaurant

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I'd still rather a fully-realized Sleepy Hollow themed restaurant and dinner show attraction!

Name the area, "Something Something Landing" a quaint Quaker-inspired spot situated between Frontierland and Liberty Square complete with covered bridge (from Sleepy Hollow) a fountain themed to Wind and the Willow's Mr Toad, a BlackSmith show, and for good measure some Rip Van Winkle restrooms. While not perfect; the look of the mini land would quite literally bridging the gap between Frontierland and Liberty Square; a new footpath. Who wouldn't want to walk a covered bridge leading to a Sleepy Hollow themed restaurant!?

Last edited:

seabreezept813

I'd still rather a fully-realized Sleepy Hollow themed restaurant and dinner show attraction!

Name the area, "Something Something Landing" a quaint Quaker-inspired spot situated between Frontierland and Liberty Square complete with covered bridge (from Sleepy Hollow) a fountain themed to Wind and the Willow's Mr Toad, a BlackSmith show, and for good measure some Rip Van Winkle restrooms. While not perfect; the look of the mini land could quite literally bridge the gap can between Fronterland and Liberty Square creating a new footpath connecting the two lands.

In mass we have a sleepy hollow event that is newer at Old Sturbridge Village (a mock old colonial village). They set up a tavern for dinner before then you get to walk through the village and be part of the sleepy hollow story going on around you. It’s awesome. So this could def work too and be popular.

I think they need more themed options like Be Our Guest, where there is also a QS option.

Dutch Inn '76

Country Bear Dinner Theater.
What I'm about to tell you is the honest truth:
When I was about five, I had one of the most vivid dreams of my life - about the Country Bear Jamboree being performed in a Brown Derby-type restaurant (the epitome of upscale to young me. Shut up; I was a small child in rural Ohio. My points of comparison were slim.)
Anyway, when I heard years later as an adult that this had been the original plan, my mind was blown. It was an obvious fit - everyone from Imagineers to my blossoming subconscious agreed!

Yes, and the Tiki Room was supposed to be a club with the show overhead! Makes so much sense, right? I know that the suits are clamoring to do something else with the Tiki Room - why not THAT?!?

crxbrett

Yes, and the Tiki Room was supposed to be a club with the show overhead! Makes so much sense, right? I know that the suits are clamoring to do something else with the Tiki Room - why not THAT?!?

I believe that was where the Tahitian Terrace came into play at DL. They basically took the idea and split it up into separate locations - an attraction/show and then a dining spot next door in the same building.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Yes, and the Tiki Room was supposed to be a club with the show overhead! Makes so much sense, right? I know that the suits are clamoring to do
something else with the Tiki Room - why not THAT?!?

That would be a REALLY small dining room, especially given how (likely) popular the place would be... it would be a neat concept for a new build, but not for the current attraction area...

Dutch Inn '76

Yes, it was. In 1960s Disneyland. Now the MK is a park that needs all the attractions it can get. Too many have been reduced or removed.

I'm on board with everyone in regard to all of the domestic theme parks outside of Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom needing more attractions. Epcot and Hollywood Studios in particular are greatly reduced at the moment - but the Magic Kingdom has plenty of things to do. I can't do everything in the MK in three days right now (with a regular crowd). I wonder why they're putting the TRON coster in the MK. Why not put it in HS?? If the MK needs anything, it's more dining. Making the Tiki Room into a table service restaurant would be a positive change in many ways. I'm not really promoting the idea, as I like the TR as it is; but what I don't want is "Tiki Room: Under New Management 2.0." That crass show destroyed everything that was great about The Enchanted Tiki Room - and I'd bet my bottom dollar that another version of it is coming eventually.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm on board with everyone in regard to all of the domestic theme parks outside of Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom needing more attractions. Epcot and Hollywood Studios in particular are greatly reduced at the moment - but the Magic Kingdom has plenty of things to do. I can't do everything in the MK in three days right now (with a regular crowd). I wonder why they're putting the TRON coster in the MK. Why not put it in HS?? If the MK needs anything, it's more dining. Making the Tiki Room into a table service restaurant would be a positive change in many ways. I'm not really promoting the idea, as I like the TR as it is; but what I don't want is "Tiki Room: Under New Management 2.0." That crass show destroyed everything that was great about The Enchanted Tiki Room - and I'd bet my bottom dollar that another version of it is coming eventually.
The MK has enough dining - BoG and Skippers only added to it - and Tomorrowland Terrace lies in a dormant mess. QSR breakfast is sorely needed I admit, like it used to have. What the MK needs is more ride capacity. Not more draws. More capacity for the crowds it already gets. Tiki Room helps with this.

Last edited:

Dutch Inn '76

The MK has enough dining - BoG and Skippers only added to it - and Tomorrowland Terrace lies in a dormant mess. QSR breakfast is sorely needed I admit, like it used to have. What the MK needs is more ride capacity. Not more draws. More capacity for the crowds it already gets. Tiki Room helps with this.

YES to TTerrace! Why don't they do something with that??? The rest, I dunno. I guess we can agree that a "people eater" like Spaceship Earth would be a great thing at the MK... but then it might take me four days to get through that park. :)

Bocabear

YES to TTerrace! Why don't they do something with that??? The rest, I dunno. I guess we can agree that a "people eater" like Spaceship Earth would be a great thing at the MK... but then it might take me four days to get through that park. :)
you must move really slowly...We can usually do everything in the park except Meet & Greets in a day... They really do need a few new people eating attractions.

EPCOTCenterLover

" What the MK needs is more ride capacity. Not more draws. More capacity for the crowds it already gets. Tiki Room helps with this."
This is one of the strengths of Disneyland over the Magic Kingdom. There are plenty of smaller attractions that are well done, and these draw in people. Disneyland is unfortunately starting to lose some of them, but they do make a difference in how the crowds can feel when its busy.

Dutch Inn '76

you must move really slowly...We can usually do everything in the park except Meet & Greets in a day... They really do need a few new people eating attractions.

Maybe I do. I don't "attack" the Parks the way I used to. I try to take it easy and enjoy myself now. I used to run, run, run...

Bocabear

Maybe I do. I don't "attack" the Parks the way I used to. I try to take it easy and enjoy myself now. I used to run, run, run...
I know...I have slowed down a lot over the past few years...lol We used to do the three park gauntlet and hit all major attractions between MK, EPCOIT and DHS.... but that was like 10 years ago....and there were a lot less people in the parks then.. and no Fast Pass Plus

MrHappy

No pun intended, but they probably consider a restaurant to be a people eater? High capacity, decent churn...it's a like an actual attraction with the added bonus that its takes guests incremental cost to "ride" it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom