The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Why is it that people think you can't tell? My mom used to get so mad at me when I called her out on something she had hidden in the food...like she'd make hamburgers and mix antelope meat in with the beef. SHE couldn't taste the difference, but I could! Or, she'd make instant potatoes and tell me they were fresh. I don't see how anyone can NOT taste the difference. It's completely different in taste AND texture.

Yeah, I can always tell the difference between fresh and powdered mashed potatoes and it is irking to me who loves fresh food to get instant potatoes in a restaurant. It's like powered mac and cheese vs real cheese, same thing.

My MIL did so many scary things with food though. My son loved strawberry liquid yogurt when he was small. He couldn't have milk and it was a good substitute. My MIL would mix (did behind our backs) fresh strawberries into Hersey's Strawberry flavoring syrup. Then mix it into Milk 'cause my preschooler wouldn't know the difference. :jawdrop: My DS didn't know the difference so he would drink it and then later be so sick. At one point his Dad noticed Grandmother couldn't get the syrup to come out and he opened it up to see what the issue was. Mold. It was rancid 'cause she put a perishable fruit into the refrigerator stable syrup. That is also when we found out she was giving him milk cause 'he needed 'milk' vs the liquid yogurt we brought for him while there. The kid was freak'n allergic to Milk but no she knew better than the doctor and his allergist. :devilish: Answered why a healthy kid went to very sick multiple times. SOOOO ANGRY!!! She into her 90's is still such a prize. :cautious:

Gabe1

We bake one type of cookie then move on to the next as a team. It's quicker that way. It's also easier to clean up. That's the part I hate. My daughter's been baking on her own since she was about 8 with supervision. Over the past few years she's been doing it on her own. This will be the first year she does the Thanksgiving meal by herself. Herb roasted turkey bre-ast, real mashed potatoes with turkey drippings gravy, broccoli/cauliflower casserole, yeast rolls and pumpkin gingerbread pie for dessert. :hungry:

An awesome young woman. Blessed.

Gabe1

I love wood--that ceiling is amazing, as is the floor. Even the dining table and chairs carry the wood theme. Talk about warm and cozy!!

I'm intrigued by the use of the subtle spotlights and that chandelier is so nice, too.

All the details work in that room. I like that accent rug in front of the fireplace. Interior designers are such a talented group, that work with you guys who design the architecture of these mammoth houses.

We got to see way too much of the Wilderness Lodge thanks to the unwelcome guest of Hurricane Irma.
DI_kOMnXkAAfPlx.jpg:large

My love of rustic done right. As we checked in it felt right this trip knowing Irma was a come'n likely. And she did. A good balance between stone and all the wood. My home is mocked in the same traditional style of the Wilderness right down to the ceilings. It isn't for everyone but I have enjoyed the warmth in my home of the rustic woods it has. I respect others for the modern and contemporary, it just isn't me.

Gabe1

You can insert Jack into that picture, too! :hilarious:

I believe you are overdue for a Jack Story. I have to live vicariously through the Worlds of Jack until I can have a wonderful Pup like your Jack Again. So miss those days when Walt shredded my Egyptian sheets on my bed. :(

Ode to Walt, tip of the hat to Jack....Kindred Spirits....

C4meXmeWAAArVM7.jpg

Cesar R M

We got to see way too much of the Wilderness Lodge thanks to the unwelcome guest of Hurricane Irma.
DI_kOMnXkAAfPlx.jpg:large

My love of rustic done right. As we checked in it felt right this trip knowing Irma was a come'n likely. And she did. A good balance between stone and all the wood. My home is mocked in the same traditional style of the Wilderness right down to the ceilings. It isn't for everyone but I have enjoyed the warmth in my home of the rustic woods it has. I respect others for the modern and contemporary, it just isn't me.
There is no such thing as "too much" Wilderness Lodge, or AKL in my opinion lol.

Cesar R M

Part 3:

After visiting Tula and hearing more about histories and stuff..
The Guide noted that excavated Tula area (which contained the main pyramids and some houses) is only 5Km2.
The interesting part is, during its apogee. the town of Tula was over 10Km2 or bigger in its "metropolis" area (around 14Km2). And even bigger if you count other buildings, smaller homes, etc..on the surrounding areas (up to 100Km2)

So a big chunk of that isnt even excavated and might contain stuff. There is a Museum with artefacts recovered from the areas, but photography is forbidden.
DSC_3137_DxO.jpg
The center of the pyramid complex, supposedly had water.. they had plumbing and water systems near the pyramids and below stairs and some other rock buildings!.

On the good side, there are areas that can still be excavated, but the main areas of Tula grande and Tula chico have been uncovered.So there might be more stuff left to find.

In the bad side..
This area of Hidalgo (the state) is getting development with refineries and concrete factories. So they are pretty much destroying the mountains and.. well.. burning stuff...
DSC_3138_DxO.jpg
That is the Refinery of Tula, as seen from the top of the main pyramid.

Its 3 times bigger than the picture (stretches to the right)

DSC_3153_DxO.jpg The main pyramid with the Atlantean Giants of Tula.

After that.
The guide recommended us to go eat in the center of Tula (in the market). Which we did. The food was decent. What made it special was the freshest home made tortillas I've ever had!

Then we went to see one of the oldest churches founded in Mexico.
Dating in the 1529 ( A franciscan convent now exconvent) was founded. The building started to be built in 1553.

DSC_3160_DxO.jpg

DSC_3166_DxO.jpg

More info on this: http://www.culturalxplorer.com/tula-mexico/

Note that yes, you can find people selling worms, maguey worms and fried grasshoppers as snacks in this town lol.

Inside the Cathedral:
20171109_161449.jpg

20171109_162752.jpg

20171109_163454.jpg

Songbird76

The cattle are sold and shipped!!! Gone! They are no longer my problem and I don't have to work out with the coal mine where the fence is going to make sure the cows have water, I don't have to buy more feed for the winter, or worry about getting them branded or vaccinated. It's DONE!!! You can't see me, but I'm TOTALLY doing a happy dance right now!! What a relief! There are still things to take care of, but now we can take our time. The cattle were really weighing on my mind!

Songbird76

Thanks, Minnie! :)
It was the least I could do for that awesome family, but, many others in the industry also contributed, too. It was truly a team effort...!!! :happy: :)
When I win millions in the lottery (what? it could happen!) I'll have you design a nice modest, but beautiful and comfortable home and pay you a bit extra so you can help some other family in need. Deal?

Songbird76

Blah! We have missed all those weird autumn day or two warm days. Tomorrow is Mickey's and DD Birthday. Threatening wet snow. :cautious:
Come on. :banghead:
My neighbor told me the other day that they were predicting snow here for the weekend, but yesterday I didn't even need a coat. It was BEAUTIFUL. The sun was shining and I brought my coat along when I picked DS up from school, but ended up not needing it. I hope today is as nice, though it's Sinterklaas intocht (When Sinterklaas arrives by steamboat) today and if it's nice weather the crowds will be INSANE!! We avoid the intocht at all costs now, but hubby and I have a date night planned...we were supposed to go a few weeks ago when my FIL ended up in the hospital. So we're planning for tonight, but I don't want to battle thousands of excited children and their parents to get to the restaurant and movie theater. Ugh.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The cattle are sold and shipped!!! Gone! They are no longer my problem and I don't have to work out with the coal mine where the fence is going to make sure the cows have water, I don't have to buy more feed for the winter, or worry about getting them branded or vaccinated. It's DONE!!! You can't see me, but I'm TOTALLY doing a happy dance right now!! What a relief! There are still things to take care of, but now we can take our time. The cattle were really weighing on my mind!
YAY you have managed to mooove on the cattle

Songbird76

Yeah, I can always tell the difference between fresh and powdered mashed potatoes and it is irking to me who loves fresh food to get instant potatoes in a restaurant. It's like powered mac and cheese vs real cheese, same thing.

My MIL did so many scary things with food though. My son loved strawberry liquid yogurt when he was small. He couldn't have milk and it was a good substitute. My MIL would mix (did behind our backs) fresh strawberries into Hersey's Strawberry flavoring syrup. Then mix it into Milk 'cause my preschooler wouldn't know the difference. :jawdrop: My DS didn't know the difference so he would drink it and then later be so sick. At one point his Dad noticed Grandmother couldn't get the syrup to come out and he opened it up to see what the issue was. Mold. It was rancid 'cause she put a perishable fruit into the refrigerator stable syrup. That is also when we found out she was giving him milk cause 'he needed 'milk' vs the liquid yogurt we brought for him while there. The kid was freak'n allergic to Milk but no she knew better than the doctor and his allergist. :devilish: Answered why a healthy kid went to very sick multiple times. SOOOO ANGRY!!! She into her 90's is still such a prize. :cautious:
Yeah, she kind of sounds like she should have been a candidate for a darwin award. How did she never poison herself to death???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom